Free (or Cheap) Games & Giveaways

So... that Fallout 4, huh? Seems to be cheaper than that recent weekend deal, huh? Gloat, gloat.

Definitely getting Mordor, but I am a bit confused about it. I assume the extra GOTY content is just the season pass? So if I want the extras I will have to buy the game AND the other content, correct? It's just usually there is a version that has the game together with the additional content. I'm going the say the additional content isn't worth it though?

That game I am always shilling for (Subnautica) is half price right now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/264710/Subnautica/

Also, I accidentally typed in ateampowered.com instead of steampowered.com and it was definitely worth it for a change. Totally surprised it's not a scam site.

Edit: Picked up Witcher 3 GOTY, Mordor (is actually GOTY edition) and Fallout 4 (already own on console so was just Steam Sharing before). Now when I will be able to play any of these is a mystery, but that's sales for ye!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Shadow of Mordor is $3.99 for another day on indiegala in case you didn't get it during the Steam sale like me (too many other things like R6 Siege to get). Also comes with Between Me and the Night, and Lucius (doesn't say it does but it's a hidden special they're doing it seems at least I got them) if you were looking at either of those.

https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-game-of-the-year-edition/51209_gb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quite a lot of free stuff available right now:

Company of Heroes 2 is free on Humble Bundle. Humble Bundle has had a few different free games out in the past few days, only for a short period at a time (a couple days I think). So be on the lookout for more - I've already missed a couple myself. :-/

Plants vs. Zombies: GotY Edition is free on Origin.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is free on UPlay.

Also, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, LIMBO, and a bunch of other games are free on GOG Connect if you already have them on Steam. It's the first time I have seen BGII:EE on GOG Connect, but I don't religiously check it. The really neat thing about the GOG editions of the Beamdog Enhanced Editions is they come with a serial code for an original copy of the game. So if you get them through GOG Connect, it is like two free games instead of one! In your game library, click on the Enhanced Edition and navigate to the serial codes, and go to the website to get the original game added to your library.

Edit: Wording, GOG --> Humble Bundle

thanks for this info on Baldur's Gate EE. I already had both on GoG but didn't know about getting the serial number codes for the old versions. BTW, to get the codes, the option does not appear in the Gog Galaxy App, just the gog.com Web storefront. Even thought the old versions are not supported by the Big World mod tool, I saw there were some ADnD mod packs that only work in on the legacy edition so was excited to pick them up. I wonder if Icewind Dale EE has this as well? Unfortunately, I got a steam version of it...

• +1 1

Yeah, Icewind Dale: EE also has this. I also only have the Steam version of it. It is on sale right now on GoG for 66% off ($8.49 Canadian). Haven't decided whether to buy it or wait for it to go on GoG Connect. I think I will probably wait, though...might as well get it for free. And I don't see myself playing original Icewind Dale anytime soon. It's just collecting it for nostalgia's sake for me. :-)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...