Free (or Cheap) Games & Giveaways

Fun Fact: I picked up that Temple of Elemental Evil deal (already had the old disc, but GOG is very convenient) & it turns out there's a modding community. Circle of Eight has tuned up ToEE similar to the Sorceror's Place work on infinity engine games.

But wait, there's more, those crazy wizards have pulled The Keep on the Borderlands straight out of my pen & paper childhood and made it a ToEE mod.

That's not all, there's even an H.P. Lovecraft inspired kickstarter that would make the Elder Gods proud, Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones. Circle of Eight members put their talents to work for you. Unimpressed with FO4, or just want lose your sanity the old fashioned way? Back it and catch a ride to 1920's Massachusetts & perhaps beyond.

Ubisoft is giving away Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time until the end of June if you have a UPlay account. Link here.

They will be giving away one game a month until the end of the year to celebrate their 30th anniversary.

Credit to NightStar @ AFKMods. Original post here.

Thanks! Nabbed my copy.

Steam is giving away Limbo for free until 10am Pacific time on June 22nd. So free until tomorrow morning. Steam news article. Steam Store page for Limbo.

I originally played this on console 5 years ago. Great little Indie platformer puzzle game. I actually bought it on Steam full price a few months ago, unfortunately.

Anyway, get it for free while you can!

Credit to sialivi @ AFKMods forum for the heads up. Original post.

That's reading between the lines of the words posted when there is nothing there to read. I never said anything of the sort about FNV. :no: If there anything at all to interpret it's that I do not enjoy the game for my own reasons, of which I've posted in these forums (somewhere) prior to this. This interpretation would be true and has no barring whether or not others enjoy the game.

Guys/Gals need to lighten up and stop taking things so seriously.  :dancingbanana:  :celebration:

EDIT:

For those not knowledgeable about my reasons from other posts I made a long time ago, it's simply that I don't care for the setting of the game nor some of the game-play aspects. I've played it for all of around 7 hours to determine that I simply wasn't "getting into it". Nothing about the game drew me in. That's not saying it's a bad game. It's just not my tastes. This is why I would like to "gift" the game to someone who would get more enjoyment out of it than I and not have to spend the cash for it (regardless of how inexpensive it is). However, I shouldn't have to explain my reasons as I have here to appease the crowd for all to see. :ermm: Like said, just need to lighten up, peeps.

Harsh in the sense that FNV is a very good game that a lot of us really enjoy playing and to hear that someone will never play it implies that that game is considered rubbish.

That's my take on it anyway.

I call foul ball and sentence you to the penalty box for a timeout. ::D:

I could have said exactly the same thing for exactly the same reason. I certainly have no notion that Fallout is a rubbish game, but it isn't my cup of tea. I don't get into post-apocalyptic games or post-apocalyptic movies. I'm the kind of guy that gets into Zork, Oblivion, Skyrim, Star Trek, feel-good movies. It's more about the exploration, discovering, and relationships. For what it's worth, I'm not a Star Wars fan either. There, I said it. May the blood feud begin. :teehee:

Not looking to convert you, which was why I was asking if it wasn't intended to come across as something negative. Wanna know what I don't like? HP printer drivers, those things give me a headache.

I ceased using HP printers about 10 years ago because I think they're all rubbish. I use Brother laser printers that last decades instead of months and don't cost an arm and a leg for consumables.