GamePad Support

AyleidRuin

Question

Hello STEP!  I have a problem with New Vegas/Fear n Loathing with a 360 Controller.

At first I was unable to switch from 1st to 3rd person camera views.  Now the "wait" menu won't come up and I am unable to wait.

Both Problems are not solved yet.  I have gone threw many threads and found some solutions that don't work for me.  But I believe the Mods in the Fear and Loathing are interfering somehow.

I am NOW downloading a Pinnacle Profile for Project Nevada.  Testing that now.

Thank You for your Time 😄

15 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply redirishlord and Thank You for the suggestion.  Will check that out.  In the mean time, Understand that I have a Monoprice Redmere 25' HDMI cable to my TV in another room.  So I can play my games in confort and in all their glory :D

Though I do appreciate no elitism=which I was afraid of starting this thread :P

It would seem the Pinnacle Game Profile is the way to go...the Project Nevada Pin/v2.  I just have to set it up the way I like.  Though I miss the Analog left thumbstick.  Will have to figure a solution for that.

Edited by AyleidRuin
  • +1 1

Sweet EssArrBee.  Sounds good.  I bought Pinnacle a while ago.  I dl a .pin=profile for it...but its nothing like the defaults.  Still configuring.  If I can get permission from the original uploader, I will upload it on that site. 

But I am glad I'm not the only one who ran into this problem.

Thanks Guys :cool:

https://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

and the Profile I am tweaking

I like it better than xpadder...though setting up a profile is a bit tedious.  Best to download a profile and tweak that :P

Its better than xpadder/joy2key and others that I found just because of all the features.  A real smooth First Person look.  I use it for all my F2PMMOs ;)

I bought it when it was on sale for $10 around xmas.

Edited by AyleidRuin

I believe Project Nevada may be messing with the controller in some way. 

After removing the mod and mods that rely on it, I was able to use the controller without problems.  A few users on other threads have reported this also.  (maybe someone made a patch?  Only found emulator profiles.  Nothing native.)

INO I was able to switch between "1st to 3rd person views" and "Wait" using my 360 controller without Project Nevada and PN patches.  I am not certain...but I am leaning towards that conclusion.

I believe a Warning should go into the STEP Fear and Loathing.  But I am not sure where to put it or how to word it.  Maybe a Note under the first Project Nevada Mod under User Interface?

Edited by AyleidRuin

Opps.  Sorry EssArrBee.  My fault.  I mean Native Support from the game itself.  Without an emulator.

Yes.  I can play just fine with an emulator.  But the left stick is the wasd keys.  And I have not figured out a way to make them fluid.  As it would be following a analog stick.  As opposed to the digital off/on of a keyboard key.

If that makes any sence.  ah...Let me say that differently without editing :D.

Digital is On or Off.  Analog "thumbstick" has that "position of protrusion from dead center".

I am not putting down Project Nevada.  I just need to find a solution for myself.  Which I have found with an emulator.  I just thought maybe someone else who plays like I do, may find this info useful.

Edited by AyleidRuin

Well you can't use Project Nevada with the default controller scheme. You won't have sprint, grenades and vision modes. I did my profile with doubled up buttons by making one function execute on tap and one on hold.

Yes and I was hoping I could combine the two or maybe go into the script and bind them that way.  But till then a emulator will have to do.  Combine as in keep native support with a secondary profile.  Like clear Left shoulder button in game and use that with the emulator.  Meaning: 2 schemes.  1st in emulator all clear/nothing bound. and the 2nd, a shift mode for the Project Nevada keys.

But then again that may not work.  I don't think the emulator will not let the game read the controller right.

Edited by AyleidRuin

I did that for a while, but it just didn't allow for everything you need. The d-pad buttons fill up fast and you run out stuff to bind using two schemes. I do hate that the keyboards aren't analog. I'm a big analog guy for most things and it helps for any game that has sneaking.

I did that for a while, but it just didn't allow for everything you need. The d-pad buttons fill up fast and you run out stuff to bind using two schemes. I do hate that the keyboards aren't analog. I'm a big analog guy for most things and it helps for any game that has sneaking.

Right!?  Ah, we'll come up with something.  We gamers always do :D

Edited by AyleidRuin

As a die hard gamepad fan, I've managed to get the F&L setup working quite well, with NO XPADDER REQUIRED... well, mostly. If you want to use all of the neat gameplay enhancements added by Project Nevada without reaching for the keyboard now and then, XPadder is your only option as far as I can see. I don't like XPadder mostly because it makes the controls far less fluid than native X360 pad support.  If you want that nice native pad support and don't mind a few sacrifices, read on:

First, disable Weapon Wheel. It seems to disable the Wait command for some reason, and you aren't using a mouse anyway so you lose nothing.

Second, disable Enhanced Camera and associated patches. For some reason, this mod causes your view to drift several pixels immediately after you stop moving. This probably works fine for mouse users, but if you're using a game pad it becomes impossible to interact with anything easily.

Third, one nice thing about Fallout New Vegas is that unlike Skyrim the game doesn't disable keyboards entirely when you're using a gamepad. So if you want to use the cool extra features that some of the mods add hotkeys for you can actually still use them, provided you don't mind reaching for the keyboard now and then. I use this to turn on/off nightvision or flashlight. I know you can also enable sprint or bullet time this way (though it's a pain). I just tend to disable sprint and bullet time in the Project Nevada menues, since they're pointless for me.

Finally, you will need to disable gamepads temporarily and use the mouse/keyboard to do the following:

• Use the console window
  • Install any cybernetic implants. Disabling Project Nevada's Cyberware mod would probably fix this, but I like it so much I'm willing to live with the inconvenience.
Edited by MetalPhilosopher
  • +1 1