Dreadflopps Modular patches

@Dreadflopp or anyone who can answer, I am interested in keeping the Skyre portion of this guide alive while Garfink is away. I am willing to learn what I need to in order to maintain that portion of the guide, but I honestly don't know what is required. Do I simply need to better learn TESVedit, and the conflicts / patching? Do I need to learn the creation kit? Nav Mesh editing (:GASP:)?

I am not interested in getting any credit (in fact I prefer not to be recognized, just work in the background). I just want to help keep this wonderful pack up to date and accessible to everyone. If I took this on, what would be expected of me, and what tools do I need to have a command of to do it?

@Dreadflopp or anyone who can answer, I am interested in keeping the Skyre portion of this guide alive while Garfink is away. I am willing to learn what I need to in order to maintain that portion of the guide, but I honestly don't know what is required. Do I simply need to better learn TESVedit, and the conflicts / patching? Do I need to learn the creation kit? Nav Mesh editing (:GASP:)?

I am not interested in getting any credit (in fact I prefer not to be recognized, just work in the background). I just want to help keep this wonderful pack up to date and accessible to everyone. If I took this on, what would be expected of me, and what tools do I need to have a command of to do it?

If you'd like, you are very welcome to do this until Garfink returns (if he does return). Learning conflict resolution with TES5Edit is enough. By doing this you will also learn to do patches. The reason I don't to this is time, since SkyRe requires a lot of patches and has pre and post SkyProc patches. But if you are up to it, give it a shot!

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for this guide. Using with STEP Extended + Visual Overhaul, I am really enjoying the game. I ended up going with SPERG only because I've already tried SkyRe about a year ago: wanted to try something new. There's definitely a lot to configure initially but then it gets out of your way and let's you play.

I am curious if anyone has tried Sneak Tools and if it is worth it? In Oblivion, I have a Khajiit who uses gas and water arrows - it's a lot of fun. Am curious to try something similar in Skyrim. Regardless, keep up the good work with this guide! Truly appreciate it :)

• +1 1

I checked out Skyre Compatibility Patch updated to 2.5.1 in TES5edit. No issues there. Play tested it, and didn't notice any issues either. Should be good to go to update to 2.5.1

While I was looking at the compatibility patch, noticed the SkyRe_SiC_Patch.esp. claims to address 'minor compatibility issues' in SiC. A few things seems odd to me with this. 

• Garfink didn't recommend using this
  • The only thing it seems to do is rename items (many draugr & dwarven type armor and weapons)
  • Before I rebuilt the ReProccer.esp it conflicted with SiC and ReProccer (The ReProceer forwarded SiC names, overwriting the patch). After I rebuilt the reproccer it didn't conflict with anything. I expected it and the Reproccer to match, and SiC to conflict, but it didn't conflict with anything, not SiC, not Reproccer. At first I thought I had accidentally de-selected it. I checked in TES5edit 4 times. Skyre_SiC_Patch would be in the list loaded in TES5edit, then I would check for conflicts, and it would disappear. I would look at the Reproccer and SiC and try to find the records previously conflicted, but to no avail. This doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone able to tell me what the heck happened? is this common? The only change I made was to rebuild the reproccer.

Hi! I hope this pack is being kept alive, it fixes all issues that made me drop the game (too abundant loot and boring combat). Thank you for that! I'm currently trying to install parts on top of STEP Extended + REGS, and have a few questions please:1) The guide says to install Weapon & Armor Fixes according to STEP, but there's an Immersive Weapons patch in WAF that's not mentioned - I'm guessing I still have to install it? Also should that one load before Morrowloot.esp like the other 2 WAF plugins, or not?2) Could I keep the Realistic Room Rental Enhanced Version from REGS if I don't use the survival mods like ineed, or were there problems beyond it adding too much food?3) I read through the thread and it seems like SPERG-MMO is currently not patched fully, and ASIS' spawn function still has those issues with double-spawning quest NPCs (and editing those mods out of the ini didn't work), correct? I'd just stick to TTR and the other spawn mods then.4) Could I use Heavy Armory together with its CCO patch, Morrowloot patch, and WAF patch, or would it likely still require additional editing to make it fit your build? (I know Immersive weapons already adds a lot, but I'm toying with the idea of replacing IW with this)5) If I wanna use Stealth Skills Rebalanced, I'm guessing STEP's Bashed patch rec for adjusting crime detection distance to 1000 is no longer needed/ could overwrite mod settings?Also a question for all MMO-REGS users:Which REGS quest mods should I definitely leave out to not break the loot balance - Garfink already mentioned Fight against the Thalmor IV for the full glass armor npc, any others? (if I see something shiny, I can't keep myself from picking it up :;): )

Edited by Vedra

@Vedra

I can't answer all your questions, but I will do my best. First of, this pack is awesome.

It is fairly well maintained. Up to date with step 2.2.9

1. I'll check my set up tomorrow night (work travel) and let you know

2, I use RRR, have no issues. Only issues is the extra food.

3. I don't use sperg, but I don't have issues with asis spawning double quest npcs. You need to use garfinks ini file for it though.

4.i would expect there would need to be some patch to keep the armor from being distributed.

5. I would try it with out the edit and see if the mod works properly.

I use regs, I don't notice any unbalance it caused, but obis and obis redone do imbalance the loot

Also, sorry for the slow response, this forum isn't as active as before. Don't let that stop you from trying this pack. It is really good.

• +1 1

Hey, thanks for replying! Meanwhile I completed the install according to the guide (without Heavy Armory, just with what's in there) and something is definitely not right, despite me checking everything from top to bottom twice. I'm guessing it's the load order, since I use LOOT, and not all of the added BOSS masterlist rules (which the guide says we should take into account too) were clear to me (like something "bottom" a category which I don't have in LOOT). In the intro there are these problems:

- some guys' armor (f.i. Ralof, Ulfric, Hadvar) is whitish-purplish-shiny.

- during character creation, my char wears a helmet.

- character creation interrupts the running scripts/ starts before they are finished; when I go into the menu after, a lot of MCM menus are empty.

- I suddenly can't survive the roof jump (and that's as far as I get here; otherwise it runs well, no stuttering).

Or could it be the STEP Delev + Relev tags on the Amidianborn content addon? LOOT warns me that morrowloot.esp usually should load after any esps with relev tags, but there's no such rule in the guide regarding the content addon. The changelog also says something about bash tag instructions for it, but there are none, so I just kept the STEP rec.

My loaded plugins order (I did this on top of a working STEP 2.2.9 Extended + REGS install, with the intent to weed more out as needed, so currently it's a lot):

• Skyrim.esm
  • Update.esm
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
  • Dawnguard.esm
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
  • HearthFires.esm
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
  • Dragonborn.esm
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
  • Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
  • Falskaar.esm
  • Wyrmstooth.esp
  • ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esm
  • Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
  • REGS - Resources.esm
  • WinterholdDestruction.esm
  • ORS_SolitudeGate.esm
  • ORS_MorthalPain.esm
  • mannyDragonhead.esm
  • mannyBlackRock.esm
  • Cutting Room Floor.esp
  • 83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp
  • Footprints.esp
  • Moss Rocks.esp
  • Nausicaa's Tweaker.esp
  • Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
  • Dodge Mod.esp
  • RealisticHumanoidMovementSpeed.esp
  • Endgame NPC Overhaul.esp
  • 3DNPC.esp
  • ETaC - Complete.esp
  • Elemental Staves.esp
  • DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp
  • ClamsDropPearls.esp
  • Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp
  • BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp
  • Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
  • Convenient Horses.esp
  • BFSEffects.esp
  • Beards.esp
  • RaceMenu.esp
  • Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
  • Brows.esp
  • Lock Overhaul.esp
  • DragonShoutVoice.esp
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp
  • Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Conjuration.esp
  • Footprints - Ash.esp
  • ORM-Arvak.esp
  • mintylightningmod.esp
  • Rainbows.esp
  • RealisticRoomRental.esp
  • Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp
  • SMDropLitTorch.esp
  • ShootingStars.esp
  • Soul Gems Differ - NS.esp
  • SkyUI.esp
  • SkyTweak.esp
  • Dual Sheath Redux.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Alteration.esp
  • DeadlyCombat.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Archery.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Block.esp
  • Moss Rocks_DB.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Restoration.esp
  • Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_TwoHanded.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_OneHanded.esp
  • Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp
  • Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
  • CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
  • ExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp
  • ADS.esp
  • Morrowloot.esp
  • DeadlyDragons.esp
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
  • ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp
  • Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
  • Distant DetailHF.esp
  • SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp
  • ETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.esp
  • REGS - Cities.esp
  • Bring Out Your Dead.esp
  • BetterQuestObjectives.esp
  • Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
  • BetterQuestObjectives-PersidRRentalPatch.esp
  • SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp
  • RavenRockExpanded.esp
  • REGS - Better Docks.esp
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
  • MoonAndStar_MAS.esp
  • NoxUE2.00.esp
  • MoonAndStar_ImmersionPatch.esp
  • ETaC - Complete LoS Patch.esp
  • Sky Haven Temple M&M3.esp
  • Inns and Taverns.esp
  • DawnofWindhelm.esp
  • DFB - Random Encounters.esp
  • Hebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.esp
  • Oblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.esp
  • BetterDGEntrance.esp
  • BirdsHFclean.esp
  • BFT Ships and Carriages.esp
  • RBB - REGS Merge.esp
  • BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
  • Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
  • BetterQuestObjectives-BetterStealthAIPatch.esp
  • ETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.esp
  • Inconsequential NPCs.esp
  • ERSO 09.2 - Radiance.esp
  • Inconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.esp
  • TheChoiceIsYours.esp
  • SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
  • Point The Way.esp
  • HearthfireChimneys - ETaC.esp
  • RealisticWaterTwo.esp
  • WetandCold.esp
  • AOS.esp
  • DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
  • Traps Are Dangerous.esp
  • IHSS.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Speech.esp
  • TradeBarter.esp
  • Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp
  • Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
  • Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
  • Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Destruction.esp
  • AOS_TAD Patch.esp
  • WetandCold - Ashes.esp
  • When Vampires Attack.esp
  • aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
  • Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
  • RealisticWaterTwo - Merged Patches.esp
  • HearthfireChimneysFalskaar.esp
  • SFO - Dragonborn.esp
  • Scarcity - Less Loot Mod.esp
  • NonEssentialChildren.esp
  • Immersive Weapons.esp
  • WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
  • Lore Weapon Expansion.esp
  • Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
  • DawnofWhiterun.esp
  • High Level Enemies - SIC.esp
  • ORS_DremoraUpdate.esp
  • High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp
  • High Level Enemies - Hardcore.esp
  • Nightingale Hall.esp
  • Cloaks.esp
  • Dead Body Collision.esp
  • Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
  • DragonmournInn.esp
  • Run For Your Lives.esp
  • Stealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Enchanting.esp
  • Animated Weapon Enchants.esp
  • Paralyze.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_HeavyArmor.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Illusion.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_LightArmor.esp
  • Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp
  • Smithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.esp
  • 1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Alchemy.esp
  • Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp
  • Understone Keep Repair.esp
  • DawnofRiften.esp
  • ORS_ChaptersLinker.esp
  • Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
  • TheDomain.esp
  • UniqueBorderGates-All.esp
  • ETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.esp
  • AdalMatar.esp
  • RRR_3DNPC-Patch.esp
  • quest_nomercy.esp
  • SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp
  • SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
  • tos_laintardale_hf.esp
  • Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
  • REGS Patch - 3DNPC.esp
  • CWIDawnDragonPatch.esp
  • Apocalypse - More Apocalypse.esp
  • CCO_SIC_Patch.esp
  • fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
  • iHUD.esp
  • kuerteeGoldAjustment.esp
  • randomthunder.esp
  • quest_seaofghosts.esp
  • Daggercross_Alley.esp
  • tos_amber_guard.esp
  • ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp
  • tos_granitehall.esp
  • Provincial Courier Service.esp
  • Better City Entrances - All in one.esp
  • ETaC - Falskaar Patch.esp
  • quest_pitfighter.esp
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
  • REGS Patch - CRF.esp
  • Snowbound Acres.esp
  • REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp
  • quest_andtherealmsofdaedra.esp
  • ETaC - Complete ORS Patch.esp
  • REGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.esp
  • UniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.esp
  • REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp
  • PilgrimsDelight.esp
  • The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
  • Extended Encounters.esp
  • PP_OgmundsTomb.esp
  • high hrothgar overhaul.esp
  • BlockSparkles.esp
  • Gildergreen Regrown.esp
  • SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp
  • mjhReducedGoldRewards.esp
  • Prometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.esp
  • TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
  • UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp
  • Apple garden.esp
  • PP_WindcallerPass.esp
  • quest_pitfighter_dlc01.esp
  • ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
  • Chesko_Step418_SN.esp
  • RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.esp
  • STEP Extended Patch.esp
  • MMO Merged Patches.esp
  • vSCM_SmarterCombatMusic.esp
  • ASIS-Dependency.esp
  • Bashed Patch, 0.esp
  • Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
  • ASIS.esp

Help please?

Posted Image

Edited by Vedra

you're missing a texture... Some of the mods have replacement esp... So, don't forget to have the main mod with all of the assets installed...

Some of the patchers may be outdated and have errors. That being said, seriously open tes5edit and look for any errors. Some are harmless and others are bad. 

null references are fine, but something like error cannot be resolved is an issue. 

Edited by hishutup

They definitely are all installed, but I'll re-download the resource mods, maybe something got corrupted? That doesn't explain the helmet on my char though, so there must be more problems with an armor mod?

Conflict resolution is the one thing I haven't touched yet (Sharlikran's video is a bit confusing for me as a non-modder, since he seems to know what all the variables do and decides accordingly), but I'll try to wrap my head around it.

They definitely are all installed, but I'll re-download the resource mods, maybe something got corrupted? That doesn't explain the helmet on my char though, so there must be more problems with an armor mod? Conflict resolution is the one thing I haven't touched yet (Sharlikran's video is a bit confusing for me as a non-modder, since he seems to know what all the variables do and decides accordingly), but I'll try to wrap my head around it.

Purple textures means some textures are missing or corrupted. Open the console and click on the purple armour to see which plugin provides that texture. Helmet on character creation is a bug that occurs sometimes. Restart the game and you should be fine. I belive kryptopyr has made a mod that fixes this. Sorry for the lack of updates. Will hopefully get some time this weekend to update mods and check patches.

Thanks for the tips! Clicking directly on Ulfrics purple armor only gives me the FormID 0001b131 which isn't an armor but "UlfricRef", same with Ralof's, 0002bf9e. But both still come from Skyrim.esm. So how could these suddenly be missing/corrupted when my STEP+REGS install already worked fine and their armors aren't even from the new mods?I did some digging and it seems there are other possible causes:- overloaded VRAM so the textures simply aren't loaded: I have a 3GB card, textures from STEP Baseline install. According to Skyrim Performance Monitor, VRAM during the cart ride starts out at around 2GB (the armor textures are already purple at that point) and keeps climbing to around 2.7, so I'm guessing that's not it?- one of the new .esps changes a path to the vanilla textures so they can't be found anymore: I'm guessing one of you would've already run into that problem if that were the case?- there's a load order conflict: that's still possible since my LOOT load order seems very jumbledAlso there was even more weirdness this time around and I didn't even make it to character creation: Hadvar gets attacked by wolves, and the carts lose their paths and turn over, so I get stuck at the gates. WTH, never happened to me before.

@dreadflopp:

In case you have time to update (fingers crossed!), here are a few inconsistencies I noticed during install:USKP has version 2.0.6 out, and the STEP Patches were updated to 2.2.9 v2

also (to make matters worse :;): ), REGS just updated tooThere are a few patches hidden in STEP mod installers that seem relevant, but are not mentioned/revisited in the guide, so it's unclear whether we should track those down & re-install, or if those conflicts are fixed in your own patches:

Weapons & Armor Fixes has an Immersive Weapons patch

Closer Quivers & Longer Arrows does too

Even Better Quest Objectives has a patch for Better Stealth AI for followers

Audio Overhaul has a patch for Traps are dangerous

The ASIS .ini changes are outdated, there's no perkmodexclusions anymore since all are excluded by default now (we have to include the perkmods we want instead).Also, there was talk in this thread about problems with duplicate NPCs from Moon & Star and Snowbound Acres, but those are not currently excluded (in my spawns ini I tentatively excluded most REGS mods with new npcs/quests, but don't know if it'll work). 

And the Dragon Combat Overhaul install notes were not 100% clear to me: The mod itself is called "No spinning death animations Merged", but it is merged into the STEP Patches too. So that means STEP users should put DCO after the STEP Patch, and that doesn't cause problems?

Edited by Vedra

TEXTURE PROBLEM SOLVED! It was Immersive Armors, the instructions say to delete the Ecksstra.esp. But that means the Ecksstra.bsa doesn't get auto-activated, and apparently it should be activated by hand (I thought it wasn't needed cause that .esp never gets replaced).

That still leaves the script overload causing funny cart rides, which I'll solve by deactivating some mods till after the tutorial - any tips on which ones need/not be active on game start?

Also, what's up with me suddenly not surviving the jump through the roof, that looks like one of the mods edits the hitpoints or damage too much?

@vedra

1) The guide says to install Weapon & Armor Fixes according to STEP, but there's an Immersive Weapons patch in WAF that's not mentioned - I'm guessing I still have to install it? Also should that one load before Morrowloot.esp like the other 2 WAF plugins, or not?

Looked into the WAF patch for IW just a little bit. It is new to WAF 5.0, I have WAF 4.0 installed right now, as I didn't update to STEP 2.2.9. This is mainly due to I was having WAY to much fun playing to be troubled with updating a bunch of mods. I'll do it later, maybe after another playthrough. Anyway, I digress, I have had no issue without the patch. The patch shouldn't hurt though. I'll take a look at it in TES5edit in my 2.2.8 semi extended full REGS v3.4.2 (okay, minus some of the gameplay stuff) MMO (GSRP) profile and see if it plays nice. I expect it will.

TEXTURE PROBLEM SOLVED! It was Immersive Armors, the instructions say to delete the Ecksstra.esp. But that means the Ecksstra.bsa doesn't get auto-activated, and apparently it should be activated by hand (I thought it wasn't needed cause that .esp never gets replaced).

Really glad you got the texture problem solved. I'm still a noob at this stuff so I was very happy to see the experienced pros help you tackle it :)

That still leaves the script overload causing funny cart rides, which I'll solve by deactivating some mods till after the tutorial - any tips on which ones need/not be active on game start?

Also, what's up with me suddenly not surviving the jump through the roof, that looks like one of the mods edits the hitpoints or damage too much?

There was a lot of discussion earlier in this thread about scripting heavy mods. Because of that I stripped down my STEP extended profile a lot to help with stability. I got rid of:

• Wet and cold
  • footprints
  • Burn Freeze Shock Effects
  • Enhanced Blood Textures.

I was sorry to do so, but after I did the increase in stability was dramatic. I don't miss them at all anymore (well maybe the blood a bit... but I kinda want a Kill Bill style of that).

Don't know about the roof thing. I vaguely remember reading a mod or pack description that discussed a much more realistic penalty for falling. I wasn't interested in it at the time though. And I don't remember the name of it. Did you perhaps installed a mod that changed it? Anyone else able to help on this one?

Oh wow I really like the new pack I currently am running STEP with REQUEIM and 40 other mods and although I love the gameplay and challenging difficulty i'm looking for something that allows for more customization with small aspects to the game... had a look through and will defintly be installing this on a clean step when I get the chance