Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

STEP 2.2.9 is getting pretty close, so I'll be back on this stuff sometime next week guaranteed. My time will be split between tidying up any loose strings we didn't get in the update and F&L though.

My plans upon return:

• DDSopt section - I'f used it and will be making a supplemental page for the recommendations. I'll do a couple for different system specs. Plus, people can use the DDSopt guide for a more thorough direction.
  • Finish MCM sections, tiny job to do that one.
  • Finish testing the mods I currently had in my testing profile. NVBII, NV Uncut Series.
  • Finish LOOT testing and getting most of the bash tags converted to the LOOT masterlist.
  • Move on to bigger things, NVR3, larger content mods (Beyond Boulder Dome, Prject Brazil, TTW), new weapons and armor, and probably a few more minor gameplay mods.

THis in no way reflects what will actually happen if anything four out of five will get done, I'll forget about the fifth and everything will come in a different order.

THis in no way reflects what will actually happen if anything four out of five will get done, I'll forget about the fifth and everything will come in a different order.

Sounds about right. That's how it usually works for me anyway.

Good to hear you'll be back at this guide soon, I'm excited to read your guide on DDSopt, never dared trying this thing out, so I'll probably learn a thing or two.

But until at least the Roberts patches are out, I will probably be setting my New Vegas gaming on a temporary hiatus, so that I might get a whole fresh experience, without ridiculous clipping skin. 

Mine is on hiatus until the rest of the gameplay mods are added in (and NVR3 tested and possibly implemented).  I figure it's no point starting yet until every mod worth installing is in place, otherwise I'll probably have to start a new game again.

lol - well I'm not interested in Project Brazil or TTW though.  I assumed you're going to do them last, since they are such major changes to the original game.  It sounds like PB is pretty much a separate game altogether that uses the same game engine.

www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56328/?

Dat Soda Machine. :)

I assume this will make it in too?

Damn, what is going on here? It's like every great modder who disappeared around the year 0 A.S. (After Skyrim) are coming back to New Vegas?

@EssArrBee

Sure, a bunch of them are weapons and armors so I don't think that those have a problem with the game. A couple are from what's recommended from the pack here, and a bunch are from NVEC patches.

TheInheritance.esp

Russell.esp

FCO - GlowingOne.esp

ADAM Complete.esp

ADAM Complete - Project Nevada Patch.esp

357retex.esp

singleshot_retex.esp

AnimatedFanV2.esp

TmT - Open Broken Doors1.01.esp

Jackal.esp

OldCourierDuster_Replacer.esp

M-30 Assault Rifle.esp

Radar.esp

M50 Sniper Rifle.esp

Weapon Stat Viewer.esp

New Vegas Error Corrections Extras.esp

NVEC Complete SomeguySeries Patch.esp

NVEC Complete WMX Patch.esp

NVEC PN COMBO Patch.esp

Edited by Crimson13

The FCO - GlowingOne.esp, AnimatedFanV2.esp and the ADAM ones have new instructions for how to install them:

See here for ADAM:  https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas#ADAM_-_A_Definitive_Armor_Mod

See here for FCO: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas#Fallout_Character_Overhaul

See here for AnimatedFan: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas#Animated_Fan

• 357retex.esp
  • singleshot_retex.esp

Those are both supposed to be moved to the Optional ESP's list (so that they aren't used).

I don't recognize any of the others.

Edited by Vaportrails

@EssArrBee

Sure, a bunch of them are weapons and armors so I don't think that those have a problem with the game. A couple are from what's recommended from the pack here, and a bunch are from NVEC patches.

• TheInheritance.esp
  • Russell.esp
  • FCO - GlowingOne.esp
  • ADAM Complete.esp
  • ADAM Complete - Project Nevada Patch.esp
  • 357retex.esp
  • singleshot_retex.esp
  • AnimatedFanV2.esp
  • TmT - Open Broken Doors1.01.esp
  • Jackal.esp
  • OldCourierDuster_Replacer.esp
  • M-30 Assault Rifle.esp
  • Radar.esp
  • M50 Sniper Rifle.esp
  • Weapon Stat Viewer.esp
  • New Vegas Error Corrections Extras.esp
  • NVEC Complete SomeguySeries Patch.esp
  • NVEC Complete WMX Patch.esp
  • NVEC PN COMBO Patch.esp[/spoiler}

Put behind the NV Bounties, same mod author.

Directions to sort these are on the guide. You have to use BUM, or the BOSS userlist manager.

Guide says to move these to optional section with MO.

Don't use this unless you check that it is compatible with YUP.

As for the rest, put weapons, armor, and clothing behind other weapons, armor, and clothing mods. I can't guarantee that F&L works with NVEC, never tried it out. FPS Weapon Wheel has a weapon stat viewer thing that pops ups. TmT could be put behind some other gameplay, it probably doesn't matter where it goes as long as it is before the Bashed Patch. Check if Radar.esp need Unified HUD to work correctly and see my supplemental page for how to update: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas_UISectionUpdate

The page is not completely done, but should help if Radar.esp needs to be added to the UI section.

BUM refuses to work for me. When I first start it it gives me an error about how F:NV isn't in the Program Files so I either say Yes and go through this whole process which I can't fix or say No and it'll just close on me until I say Yes and do the whole stupid thing again. I had the same problem months ago when I started it so I deemed it a lost cause.

I didn't know the New Vegas Error Corrections Extras.esp could conflict with YUP, but looking at the conflicts it only seems to overwrite FPS Weapon Wheel.