Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I am listening to Radio New Vegas on Youtube while installing this guide. Feel awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHf7Sx0Lgqs

I found a few things. Hopefully, I am not too annoying to you guys. This is from someone that doing fresh install.

1) Merging instruction for ILO Merged.esp

- Somehow, I needed to sort load order once with LOOT before merging. Otherwise I can't add "ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp" to the merge, even though I tick it in the Merge Plugins' first screen. This plugin will not show up on the screen before final merge. I think it has to do with load order of master esm(s). NOTE - I never run LOOT before this step.

2) LOOT custom rule instruction for ILO Merged.esp

- You didn't instruct user to click "LOAD AFTER" before adding esp's name. This is true for other LOOT rule instructions in this guide as well.

- We can't really drag plugins from the list because these esp(s) hasn't been installed yet. 

3) Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement installation

- When install RWLE - Someguy's Mods patch collection, when picking FNV option. It will install both FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp and FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp. You instruct to hide only FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp. FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp will have missing master "NewVegasBountiesIII.esp".

4) Which version of Wasteland Flora Overhaul do you guys preferred?

5) LOOT rule for Mono's Updated ADAM Package

"ADAM-FAUE_Patch.esp" is not in the mod installation. The esp's name is "ADAM Complete - FAUE Patch.esp"

-----------------------------

I know that this guide is not for totally new user, but these changes may make it more clear.

Thanks!

Another vote for the fertile version. To me it simply looks more like the Mojave, which is much more lively than the typical concept of a desert.

There are several sets of comparative photos of the actual real life locations and the games versions:

https://www.amusingplanet.com/2011/05/real-life-locations-in-fallout-new.html

Grand Tour of the Mojave at FNV Nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58439/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59525/?

Bonus wallpaper of Hoover Dam from an aerial perspective:

https://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details/3884/hoover_dam_aerial.html

Re: RWLE - Someguy's Mods Patch Collection: The only patch included that applies to one of the current mods is the New Vegas Bounties II one, but it seems to be for TTW. Can this be used with regular FNV?

I am listening to Radio New Vegas on Youtube while installing this guide. Feel awesome.

*snip*

I found a few things. Hopefully, I am not too annoying to you guys. This is from someone that doing fresh install.

1) Merging instruction for ILO Merged.esp

- Somehow, I needed to sort load order once with LOOT before merging. Otherwise I can't add "ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp" to the merge, even though I tick it in the Merge Plugins' first screen. This plugin will not show up on the screen before final merge. I think it has to do with load order of master esm(s). NOTE - I never run LOOT before this step.

2) LOOT custom rule instruction for ILO Merged.esp

- You didn't instruct user to click "LOAD AFTER" before adding esp's name. This is true for other LOOT rule instructions in this guide as well.

- We can't really drag plugins from the list because these esp(s) hasn't been installed yet. 

3) Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement installation

- When install RWLE - Someguy's Mods patch collection, when picking FNV option. It will install both FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp and FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp. You instruct to hide only FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp. FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp will have missing master "NewVegasBountiesIII.esp".

4) Which version of Wasteland Flora Overhaul do you guys preferred?

5) LOOT rule for Mono's Updated ADAM Package

"ADAM-FAUE_Patch.esp" is not in the mod installation. The esp's name is "ADAM Complete - FAUE Patch.esp"

-----------------------------

I know that this guide is not for totally new user, but these changes may make it more clear.

Thanks!

These things doesn't really have as much to do with the whether the guide is for new users or not, as they have with things getting lost in transit when additions are fairly free-flowing. Which is why feedback is always welcome.  :^_^:

4) The dead version is more along the lines of what was originally envisioned for the game. The environment is an integral element to the storytelling, so I'd recommend that version.

EDIT: I've changed the guide according to your suggestions, with the exception of number one, because I'm still not 100% used to Merge Plugins Standalone.

@Satur9: My guess is that the RWLE patch just changes the new worldspace added by NVBII, so therefore it's compatible with both standard NV as well as TTW.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

4) The dead version is more along the lines of what was originally envisioned for the game. The environment is an integral element to the storytelling, so I'd recommend that version.

Unless you live in the desert and know the fertile version is the correct one. [emoji14]

I'm aware that the Mojave is a lot more fertile than the dead version, as Satur9 showed with the pictures. I just meant that the original game is much more dead and I personally prefer to follow precedence when it comes to these things, so that was just my opinion.  :^_^:

There's also the fact that a massive nuclear war should have had some rather drastic environmental consequences. As well as the 60+ years of man-made climate change they probably brought on (given that oil was mostly used up before the Great War). Just look at China's ever growing deserts or the Aral Sea. Not very fertile places.

EDIT: Should point out I know the Aral Sea isn't shrinking because it got warmer, but I find it a fitting example of what could happen to already dry-zones when it gets even dryer.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

That's why I never really like the Capital Wasteland, as I saw no reason for it not to have grown back. I just always thought a naturally arid habitat would behave differently, I guess.

Should be pointed out that the lush forests surrounding Nagasaki is a better example than Chernobyl (though it still backs your point just the same) which only had a reactor meltdown. According to this Stanford webpage nothing except very large doses of radiation makes noticeable damaged to the growth of an ecosystem, so the most adverse effects on plant life would probably come from other effects of the bomb.

There's actually a fairly famous photo of three divers who dove into the radioactive pool at Chernobyl to fix a release valve. They died a few days later, but prevented the whole reactor block blowing up. Saw it just a few days ago:

3ik0Q7I.jpg

Could I change the time scale from 30 to 24 or even 12 without breaking all the scripts?

Project Nevada has an option in the MCM menu to change the timescale. I think the default PN timescale is 20. I like 20 myself and don't recommend much lower. That is 1:20 ratio so it's 3 seconds in your time is 1 minute of game time is 3 minutes for 1 hour is 72 minutes for 1 day. Play for three hours and you get to play about 2 1/2 days if you don't sleep, wait, or fast travel. 

Scripts really start to breakdown with timescale <15. 

Hello there!

In the EssArrBee's additional weapons merging no cheat in the optional part for the ADAM thing its say to right click ADAM complete.esp select Add masters and tick SRB's addicional weapons. But its not the other way? To add masters to SRB's?

Hmm what about IMPACT mod? I guess its not on the guide because of compatibility no? Cuz i'm thinking about adding that.

For the no cheat version of my recommended weapons, you add the master to ADAM because you are adding the M24E1 to the inventory of a dead ranger that is hidden somewhere in the wasteland. That dead ranger is from ADAM, so you need my weapons plugin to be it's master for it to use the weapon. I forget who I worked out the location of the weapon with. It might have been han solo.

I tested IMPACT and it seems compatible to me. I forget why I didn't add it to the guide though. I think it needed another patch that I didn't want to make on my own.