Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Yes, one was copy.com and one was the original Nexus mod's link.  The .esp files within the download packages with the same description were different sizes.  I guess you or someone helping you made a modification to the .esp to allow it to better integrate into the guide's mod assortment?

"Tutorial Killer" mod could use some instructions in the guide.  It's difficult to tell if the FOMOD main file installs properly for the guide mod configuration - there are options in the FOMOD installer and some of them are greyed out.

EDIT:  Here are some mods not covered by your guide that you make want to look into because they may be able to add something -

"Fallout New Vegas Redesigned 2", if not for that main mod which has a ton of conflicts with other mod content in your guide, check out this misc mod within that mod's page: "Dracomies Improved Textures 1-4".  It retextures some stuff that is currently untouched by your mod list (all but one chair).

"Fallout Character Overhaul - HD Teeth"

Any performance mods, like "Better Game Performance"?  I haven't tested that one myself yet.

This one looks neat: "Water Purification Overhaul" - hardcore version.

Also this one: "Placeable Lights - New Vegas Edition"

Edited by oqhansoloqo

My issue is similar to the person earlier about the textures not working. The issue is that archive invalidation isn't working. I'm experiencing this and have tried numerous fixes and still no textures loading. I have it ticked in MO and all the ini files are correct yet it still does not work. Any idea how to fix this? I really don't want to unpack all my BSA's just to get textures to work.

My issue is similar to the person earlier about the textures not working. The issue is that archive invalidation isn't working. I'm experiencing this and have tried numerous fixes and still no textures loading. I have it ticked in MO and all the ini files are correct yet it still does not work. Any idea how to fix this? I really don't want to unpack all my BSA's just to get textures to work.

The last person ended having to make sure all the fallout INIs and the fallout game directory was not read-only. You should start with that and the. See if it you are running as an admin.

The last person ended having to make sure all the fallout INIs and the fallout game directory was not read-only. You should start with that and the. See if it you are running as an admin.

Unfortunately I am plagued by the Windows 8 file security system. That I can't uncheck readonly on folders. It just instantly reverts back to readonly after I uncheck it. I am an admin and have full access.

I don't have much experience with windows 8. This may a question for the Mod Organizer guys. Luckily the STEP forums are the official MO support forums.

I'll make a post there, the only reason I didn't was because my SR:LE works like a charm. No issues, just FNV gives me the issue. 

"Tutorial Killer" mod could use some instructions in the guide.  It's difficult to tell if the FOMOD main file installs properly for the guide mod configuration - there are options in the FOMOD installer and some of them are greyed out.

EDIT:  Here are some mods not covered by your guide that you make want to look into because they may be able to add something -

"Fallout New Vegas Redesigned 2", if not for that main mod which has a ton of conflicts with other mod content in your guide, check out this misc mod within that mod's page: "Dracomies Improved Textures 1-4".  It retextures some stuff that is currently untouched by your mod list (all but one chair).

"Fallout Character Overhaul - HD Teeth"

Any performance mods, like "Better Game Performance"?  I haven't tested that one myself yet.

This one looks neat: "Water Purification Overhaul" - hardcore version.

Also this one: "Placeable Lights - New Vegas Edition"

Am led to believe the FCO - HD Teeth mod will be integrated into the next full FCO upgrade, so maybe consider waiting till that's done?

Though I must admit, I've dropped the HD teeth in and it's quite nice. :)

EssArrBee - I'm confused with the "Tutorial Killer" mod part of the guide - I don't know if I downloaded the correct file and picked the correct options in the FOMOD.  It feels like maybe I didn't, and the instructions in the guide don't specify, so I'm lost with that mod installation.

You are like "The New Vegas Compiler".  :)  Great job with the guide!  It definitely deserves its own background (not the Skyrim one) and also deserves a more prominent display/link to it on the site.

OrdinaryM - I'd investigate through forums on the internet by doing searches for "Windows 8" + "Read-only".  Or "how to make a file writeable in windows 8", or something like that.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Am led to believe the FCO - HD Teeth mod will be integrated into the next full FCO upgrade, so maybe consider waiting till that's done?

Though I must admit, I've dropped the HD teeth in and it's quite nice. :)

FCO just updated to 2.0 and has teeth. Lucky me.

EssArrBee - I'm confused with the "Tutorial Killer" mod part of the guide - I don't know if I downloaded the correct file and picked the correct options in the FOMOD.  It feels like maybe I didn't, and the instructions in the guide don't specify, so I'm lost with that mod installation.

You are like "The New Vegas Compiler".  :)  Great job with the guide!  It definitely deserves its own background (not the Skyrim one) and also deserves a more prominent display/link to it on the site.

OrdinaryM - I'd investigate through forums on the internet by doing searches for "Windows 8" + "Read-only".  Or "how to make a file writeable in windows 8", or something like that.

The latest version of MO doesn't seem to play well with the Tutorial Killer FOMOD. Select manual during install and then right click the Tutorial killer folder and select set data directory. That will install all the esps (four of them). I'll have to look into the MO installer some more, since it doesn't play nice with xml code the has extra <installSteps> lines, but it does install OneHUD and PN correctly, so all that FOMM is needed for is PN - Extra Options and uHUD. 

Nice - I'll make those changes before starting my game.  The only mod from your list that I disabled was the Roleplayers Alternative Start mod (as well as the .esp in Tutorial Killer for that) because it seemed kind of immersion-breaking to just wake up in a bed all fine and everything after the intro video.  I get the reason for the mod though and might use it in a different playthrough.

Fallout NV Redesigned will get a major update. Have you seen the author's pictures of what's coming? It looks like he's going to change many characters so their appearance matches their story and personality. Will you test it when it comes out?