Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Will Impact be added to the guide at some point, or are you still waiting on compatibility patches? Would've also suggested Destruction Overhaul Reloaded, but it looks like the mod author's given up on updating it. Shame.

Also, is it worth moving over from Unified HUD to UIO during my current playthrough, or should I wait until the next one to avoid any potential issues?

Do not move from one to the other unless you want to start a new game. I have no clue how updating in the middle might work.

I'm looking at IMPACT and Destruction Overhaul and a bunch of new energy weapons right now.

IMPACT looks like the best one of those because it adds some really cool visuals - greatly looking forward to the inclusion of that one.  While Destruction Overhaul looks interesting because it creates the ability to change your surroundings by using weapons, it also kind of worries me that irreversible damage to scenery can be done.  :)

The mod author for Destruction Overhaul said that he won't continue to work on it because it's too much for him. Has compatibility and technical issues, so it probably shouldn't be added to the guide. I'll probably just install it on another MO profile and use it when just messing around and not playing seriously.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2372574-i-wont-be-working-on-destruction-overhaul-anymore/

EDIT: Just tried it out now, has a lot of potential, really is a shame the guy is halting work on it. Very rough, but could be amazing with a bunch of extra polish.

Edited by Jax765

The author of Destruction Overhaul can be kinda weird. I've had some PMs with him on the nexus and he was always very nice, but I guess he just gets frustrated. Destruction Overhaul includes some of the mods he pulled a while ago, so it's almost worth trying just for that.

Is it the same author of "Animated Fan", "Collision Mesh Overhaul WIP", or "Ragdoll Overhaul - ULTIMATE"?  I still have those 3 mods installed - any reason to remove them?

If you have Destruction Overhaul I'm positive that Animated Fan is in that mod, the other two I haven't looked into yet. I wouldn't remove the mods if you have them though because they are good mods. I would have them in the guide right now if it they were available and there is no compatibility problems with them. Actually, I think they all merge into Bashed Patch, but I'd have to look it up.

In other news I've tested Russel quite a bit and I like him. Pretty fun little quest he takes you on and I haven't seen any problems yet. Also, tested a couple more of those Yuki gameplay tweaks and I'll those when I get a chance since they are small and I already have the merging instructions up.

When you include Russel, can you mention in the forum the changes to other mods that have to be done as a result? Like Willow, I've seen a bunch of other mods that need patches for them to work together properly.

Yuki gameplay tweaks - awesome.  The ones you already included make the game a lot better.  :)

• +1 1

Sooo, I came here just to say thank you for your excellent guide, works like a charm for me  ::): first time anyone brought me to using MO and Wrye Flash btw, didn't seem necessary until now.

As it comes to things to add to the collection, Russel would be awesome (I already added him myself and testing it at the moment, especially the FCO - Russel patch) 

I noticed one thing during playing (sorry if its allready been mentioned): The aiming for the Wattz Laser Rifle is kinda off: when aiming down the sights all of it is tilted to the left top side of the screen, only when shooting the ironsights are in the right place.

I've googled a bit and it seems to be a general Problem with the Weapon Animation Replacer Mod, i simply hid every file beginning with "2h" in the folder named "_1stperson" and this solved the issue. 

So if anyone loves the Wattz Lasor Rifle as much as me this would be a solution if you can live with the vanilla first Person animations  :;):

I've been ignoring the the updates to the Advanced Recon mods for about a week now. I'll try to address them tonight when I add a couple of little mods.

I've run into a couple bugs with Russell, but they were all known bugs. First, was that Headshot or w/e his name is won't progress his dialog and the other is crashing during an certain even I won't mention. I'll try the extra plugin for it and see if that works. NVAC messages were even popping up during that event and it still froze. 

Sooo, I came here just to say thank you for your excellent guide, works like a charm for me  ::): first time anyone brought me to using MO and Wrye Flash btw, didn't seem necessary until now.

As it comes to things to add to the collection, Russel would be awesome (I already added him myself and testing it at the moment, especially the FCO - Russel patch) 

I noticed one thing during playing (sorry if its allready been mentioned): The aiming for the Wattz Laser Rifle is kinda off: when aiming down the sights all of it is tilted to the left top side of the screen, only when shooting the ironsights are in the right place.

I've googled a bit and it seems to be a general Problem with the Weapon Animation Replacer Mod, i simply hid every file beginning with "2h" in the folder named "_1stperson" and this solved the issue. 

So if anyone loves the Wattz Lasor Rifle as much as me this would be a solution if you can live with the vanilla first Person animations  :;):

I may added to many weapons by now. Some are bound to not play friendly with everything else.

Does the new version of ENB do anything to improve the way ENBoost works?  (newest version being v0.263, versus the last version v0.249)

No clue. I can't even get the latest MO and ENB to work together on my laptop.

"I've been ignoring the the updates to the Advanced Recon mods for about a week now. I'll try to address them tonight when I add a couple of little mods."

Yeah, I saw that the author said he got rid of the scripted installer for those mods.  I installed those mods (when they had the installers) like your guide said to do and I think they all installed OK... I take it there's no reason to reinstall them if they installed OK already with the previous version, since that (getting rid of the installer) seems to be the only change to those mods (according to the changelogs anyway).

"I may added to many weapons by now. Some are bound to not play friendly with everything else."

Personally, I think you already added enough weapons.  The more I think about it, I think that what makes the most sense is perhaps to have fewer energy weapons - afterall, they are newer tech that probably would be more expensive and more difficult to manufacture than ballistic weapons.  Take into consideration that the world is a post-nuclear ravaged wasteland... I think there should be fewer energy weapon options available.  They should also be "overall" more powerful weapons too than the ballistic weaponry, since they are more state of the art weaponry.  Also, if they have some kind of really cool specialized energy discharge feature/effect that makes it fun to use.  So taking that into consideration, I hope that whatever energy weapons you do add help to keep the gameplay balanced and add rather than subtract from the higher-level gameplay (since I think that energy weapons should be more catered to a stronger high-level gameplay than a strong low-level gameplay).  Whatever is added, overall I hope that it makes the game either more challenging where the game is normally overly easy and a little less challenging where the game is too difficult in an unbalanced or nonsensical way... and rewards smart/resourceful/experienced (or upper-level) gameplay.  The idea about upper-level gameplay is that once you have maxed out your character it's kind of nice to think that you are so skilled and experienced that that, plus your hard-to-come-by or outrageously expensive equipment is kickass and makes you a supreme force not to be reckoned with, yet not totally invincible either.  But, you don't want to feel that way when you are just starting out and still low-level or even mid-level, because that's lame.  That's my take on adding content to the game.

Edit: I did see a cool-looking Yuki mod that makes more miscellaneous items into usable weapons. Like wrenches and rakes.  I don't know if there's anything unbalanced about the way the mod works, but it sounds like a cool concept.  Afterall, a lot of tools and hard or sharp or pointy objects can really be used as weapons.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

If might be compatible with the Bashed Patch. 

No need to install the Advancd Recon mods again. It's actually harder to install now that you have to do it all manually with mutliple files. I'm just being lazy about updating it. I should have done it last night, but I was tired from christmas crap and beer. Just four more days and I can finally relax and play video games non-stop.

Not sure about any guns being rare, this is 'Merica after all.

Okay, two more Yuki mods added. That Sentry Bot mod is cool.

Finally did the Advanced Recon mods. If that new install script came out sooner he wouldn't have had to change nothing.

Also, tested Russell and ran into just about every bug the mod is known for. Froze twice in the big event and then the third time the quest got stuck and I had to use the console command to move it forward. The next part of the quest is broken for females and the then the ending slideshow was completely bugged out and just stopped working so I couldn't ever get back to the mojave.

I can't see adding that mod right now in it's current state. Maybe later on when NVBIII comes out and someguy has time to address the bugs. The mod is really good, but I can see adding something that is going to freeze up on people.