Follower Commentary Overhaul - FCO by terzaerian

statmonster

A good mod for those looking for followers who speak more or more interestingly.

Features:

Follower Commentary Overhaul does two things: first, it goes through follower commentary as originally added to the game and "unlocks" it for the use of the whole voicetype. My Anska mod already works the same way: it takes lines that, before, were "locked" on to Mjoll's NPC specifically, and made them valid commentary for any follower NPC using the FemaleNord voicetype. Follower Commentary Overhaul blows the doors off by doing the same for most of the existing idles.Secondly, Follower Commentary Overhaul adds new idles to all vanilla follower voicetypes who did not have their own in a fashion similar to my Nazeem mod: I comb through the audio for each voicetype and pick and cut good comments, and then attach them to the voicetype in the game when they have been picked up as followers.In total, over 1,000 lines of dialogue for the 18 vanilla follower voicetypes were added in; some exactly as they are found elsewhere in the game, others with minor edits, cuts or recombinations where this could be done without ruining the audio quality. This is also done in such a fashion that each voicetype in a sense becomes a personality: for example, the FemaleCommander will call out hostile archers and mages as targets in combat; MaleKhajit pines for his homeland of Elsweyr; FemaleEvenToned will notice if you're infected with a disease and exhort you to get treatment. Other idles are conditionally bound to only occur after certain points in your's or your follower's development - they'll only start talking about dragons after Mirmulnir lets the cat out of the bag, or will begin reveling in their growing mastery of the arcane, or marksmanship prowess.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52019

• +1 4

statmonster, on 04 Apr 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

I've been using it a bit and like it. If you have multiple followers it's probably worth going into the MCM and reducing the frequency of comments a bit.

I tend to strategically place followers around a home, like the Druids Den, where they can't cause to much trouble. I'll keep that MCM on mind though, especially if I'm adding some vanilla to Vilja to see how they interact.

This mod is a huge overhaul improvement and a solution to repetitive dialog that NPC's tend to have, I have noticed the mod impacts more than just potential follower NPC's...finally Farengar has some different and humorous idle chatter!

This mod is a MUST!  Brilliant idea and works amazingly.  There is a lot of interactions between followers also.  Its funny to see Lydia initiating conversations for once!!  It was something that Vilja used to do, strange seeing happening with vanilla followers.

The mod is still rough around the edges, I hear some things that simply don't belong in anyway shape or form contextually (like Hadvar's statements about getting out of the Helgen's cave system from an NPC in the Dragonsreach Throne Room. ) and NPC's tend to chatter to themselves even when no one is nearby. BUT, it still is a thing of beauty because the randomness often works rather well and some of the comments are hilariously appropriate. Some voice types don't work as well because they have relatively few lines, but all that is configurable via toggles/frequency.

Yeah, Jon Battle-Born (modded follower) will talk while we travel on horseback, usually about the Greybeards or the dragon problems but also about bandits running amok in the province. He will also make the comments about caves, ruins and scenic views, as one would expect.

• 8 months later...