Pure Waters

torminater

Pure Waters

It's not a very new mod but a very well made one with loads of work and updates.

As always it is up to the liking of the player as to which one of the two mods he/she prefers.

In the case that no problems derive from switching water mods with your current saves I suggest you should try it out for yourself. It has improved a lot since the release version and as far as I can see he gets some support from other modders and still tries to expand on his work.

• 6 months later...

From reading the mod page, it has too many issues especially with the most popular lighting mods, CoT and RCRN, as well as other lighting mods. Also has issues with any fog/weather related mods. That are some big issues and he's trying to get those mod author's to make their mods compatible with Pure Water, when it seems like it should be the other way around. :unsure: The author also states that he's in talks with CoT author to make it compatible, but the CoT page says that there will be no more updates for CoT unless it's to make it compatible with DLC content. Too many if's.

However, the mod itself looks pretty darn good.

That is a lot of ifs. It would need to be stunning to be even remotely worth it, and WATER is pretty enough for me I think.

I think there is/was a note on COT mod page about a 3.0 release this spring, no other info. But spring is far away, and STEP might choose a different weather/lighting mod anyway...

Many thanks for your info Techangel85 :D

I was wondering the exact same thing, which mod to use... I prefer the looks of Pure waters over WATER.

Pure waters looks much better IMO, but WATER has some nice extra features that pure waters lacks, like water fall lods, changes in the flow direction of the water etc. About lighting mods, I asked about the incompatibility issues on the mod page, and according to the author, pure waters works fine with both CoT and RCRN. In fact, Gopher (I assume you know him) uses both CoT and Pure waters in hus current Lets Play and has no issues at all. The only thing is water transparency during foggy weather. The water looks like it is no longer transparent at the surface. This is actually a vanilla bug, but since in the vanilla game, the water doesn't look transparent at all, the transition isn't as obvious.

I totally <3 Gopher, watch his LP every day!

He does use both, I also saw PW author comment that it was theoretically possible to merge the textures of PW with the extras of WATER, but with no guarantee of success or even stability. I don't think I have the courage to try that myself >.<

I was wondering the exact same thing, which mod to use... I prefer the looks of Pure waters over WATER.

Pure waters looks much better IMO, but WATER has some nice extra features that pure waters lacks, like water fall lods, changes in the flow direction of the water etc. About lighting mods, I asked about the incompatibility issues on the mod page, and according to the author, pure waters works fine with both CoT and RCRN. In fact, Gopher (I assume you know him) uses both CoT and Pure waters in hus current Lets Play and has no issues at all. The only thing is water transparency during foggy weather. The water looks like it is no longer transparent at the surface. This is actually a vanilla bug, but since in the vanilla game, the water doesn't look transparent at all, the transition isn't as obvious.

Sounds like the author needs to update his page then if there are no issues there because he states all those thing I mention in the Compatibility section of his page:

Compatibility:

Pure Waters should be compatible with everything (except other water mods of course). I've noticed problems with some weather / lighting mods (like URWL). In this case, load Pure Waters AFTER this mod (if you load it before, my mod will not appear and you will have Vanilla water).

Climates of Tamriel WILL destroy soft shorelines and transparency effects of Pure Waters (I'm in talk with COT author to make his next version compatible). Other lighting mods may destroy it as well, I've not tested them all. Sadly I can't make a specific version for each weather mods...

To be clear, any mod adding more FOG in weathers will surely break Pure Waters settings and rendering. Fog and transparent water effects are not really compatible in this graphics engine, so PW will be perfect in addition to a Vanilla weather or some "soft" lighting mods, but not with heavy weather mods (unless it does not touch to fog effects). Please ask to [put a weather mod here] authors to make his mod compatible with PW (by decreasing fog amount) if you think it break PW, as I can not do anything myself (unless remove water transparency effect, but NO WAY ^^).

I stated RCRN myself because of the volumetric fog in RCRN.

He does use both, I also saw PW author comment that it was theoretically possible to merge the textures of PW with the extras of WATER, but with no guarantee of success or even stability. I don't think I have the courage to try that myself >.<

I don't think Gopher use both Pure Waters AND WATER, no he doesn't.

What I think Salvador said was that gopher uses both PW And CoT, not PW and WATER.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

I totally

He does use both, I also saw PW author comment that it was theoretically possible to merge the textures of PW with the extras of WATER, but with no guarantee of success or even stability. I don't think I have the courage to try that myself >.

I was indeed talking about CoT and Pure waters. I believe he also uses RLwC but it is not in his mod list.

I would love to merge WATER and PW but I'm not sure how to. To make use of all the extra features in WATER you need the main esp enabled, yet the PW auther advises to disable the esp in favor of his esp....

@ Techangel.

I know about the problems he posts on the page, that is why I asked him about it.. It seems it can do with an update or at least an improvement. The thing is, it is not entirely wrong. He adds transparency to water, and the game engine cannot handle fog effects and transparency at the same time, so whenever foggy weather kicks in, the transparancy of the water is gone, making it look ugly again (still better than vanilla). If someone knows a solution to this problem, that would be much appreciated :thumbsup:. I need to check in-game if the same thing happens with the WATER mod. Maybe someone with WATER installed can check this, although, I am not sure WATER adds extra transparency effects to the water.

He wouldn't use both CoT and RLwC because they're largely incompatible with each other.

Yes you're right, I knew that...:wacko:

I was under that impression, he doesn't use ENB or other post processing, yet his dungeons have quite dark good lighting and he uses the RLwC torch.

Are the dungeons better/darker because of the Enhanced Lights and FX? He uses his own Night vision mod, and he quite needs it. Might just be an issue with youtube though.

I think he uses the CoT-Hazardous (since the other dungeons plugin have lots of dirty edits, I also use this) and Warm interiors (me). I use it and looks exactly like mine dungeons.

I rather the CoT original nights then the lighter ones, I don't know if he uses because hes video is dark, but it can be youtube messing with the light.

ELFX don't touch dungeons, only interiors. I use it too and is awesome.

I tried RlwC torches too but, I really liked the Improved Torches better: (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6319) So much better/more realistic.