Arrow Recovery System Overhaul by Seb263

CJ2311

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51149/

When hitting a target, arrows do not randomly disappear off the corpse but rather have a chance of breaking.When missing a target, loose arrows also have a chance of being broken once you retrieve them.The chances of an arrow breaking (whether they hit or miss) are not calculated by one simple value.Instead, the resistance of each arrow type is automatically calculated and is totally configurable via the mod menu (for each type of arrow).Once you retrieve a broken arrow, you have 2 options:- Chop wood so as to re-craft the arrow with the pieces you have picked up.- Resell the broken pieces for half the price of the original, intact, arrow.

In addition to this, an automatic retrieval system for arrows in your proximity has been implemented:Once you retrieve an arrow (whatever it may be), you will automatically retrieve all the other arrows in a radius which you can configure.You may choose to retrieve all types of arrows, or only the ones matching the first one you manually retrieved.It is also possible to include NPC corpses in the radius search.

Every arrow from the base game, DLCs, and even mods (of all types) are recognized by the mod and are completely customizable.

Just let me endorse this already, you silly nexus!

Looks interesting.  The quick gathering of arrows could replace that tedious chore and arrows missing breaking is a good idea.  (Wrye Bash tweaks can alter than chance to break arrows that hit so that is redundant).  Gather up broken arrows for repair is kind of cool, especially for ranger or hunter type characters. 

But is it worth running extra scripts (and an ESP)?  Maybe for immersion for rangers and archers who would gather and repair arrows, perhaps not for others.

It might be nice to have small packs dedicated to certain types of play throughs.  I know there are some mods I only use because I want a better sneaking experience that I would not bother with if I had a mage or heavy armor warrior who did not rely on sneaking - similarly there are some great magic overhauls I don't bother using as my character almost never uses magic.  (I tend to like overhauls that make the primary skills of my character more difficult to use so that the game is a challenge with them but also adds extra details and immersion around that skill to enhance the play through.) Small packs that suggested using mods x,y and z and described the necessary compatibility patches would be handy.

Edited by statmonster

Well if you just wanted to recover more arrows then all you'd have to do is use the arrow tweak option in the bashed patch to increase arrow recovery rate.

This mod however changes how arrows are recovered. If there was a mod in STEP previously it would have probably been Arrow Tweaks.

• 1 month later...

I have been using this mod for over a month now and its excellent.  The ability to adjust the breakability of individual types of arrows just makes sense to me and automatic retrieval of arrows is an awesome function.  

I am not so enamored with the repairing of arrows function, as I think arrows are too easy to come by as it is.  Good thing is you can turn this off.  

Nice mod overall.

Just started a new game that isn't devoted to archery and even though I tend towards a multi-purpose load order so I can allow my character to grow in any direction in game.  I decided to drop this mod as I don't really really mind my arrows disappearing and I can adjust the rate of arrow loss (globally) in my bash patch to save a load order spot.

Even though I merge many of my plug-ins I still find my self running out of spots!

• 3 months later...

I do think "Arrow Recovery From Actor" tweak in Wrye Bash (as of version 3.04.4) is not working at all (no corresponding entry is added in bashed patch). The best mod I use isABT - Recover 50% Less Arrows and Boltsfrom Arrow Tweaks mod. I only use that and "Deeper Bolt Improved" +8 unitsOthers Arrow tweaks I rely on "Weapons and Armor Fixes" mod.

Edited by gamingsrc