Blacksmithforge water fix

gwoody79

This is kinda unneeded if your useing the W.A.T.E.R mod as it adds animated water to this already.

I disagree, the W.A.T.E.R implementation is an animated water texture / nif, this changes it to actual water instead. You can see the difference in the screenshots compared to WATER.

That being the case, you can actually drop items into the water now and it has a proper collision model.

• +1 1

This is kinda unneeded if your useing the W.A.T.E.R mod as it adds animated water to this already.

I disagree, the W.A.T.E.R implementation is an animated water texture / nif, this changes it to actual water instead. You can see the difference in the screenshots compared to WATER.That being the case, you can actually drop items into the water now and it has a proper collision model.

That is nice... and something that I would have expected a mod called "Water" to appropriately address :P

yeah I liked it too, as it does actually make it look like water (something vanilla or any other mod hasn't been able to accomplish)...

No noticable performance loss or glitches that I have come across yet.

A small, but good fix & improvement.

• 3 years later...

Corinthians 15:51-52: “Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed† - ucg.org

There, now that this has been properly necro'd. 

What are you guys using to fix your trough and forge water if not this and this?

Or is there some other reason this isn't included in STEP?
It's been in my load order since I started modding skyrim and I haven't found a reason to remove it yet.

Edited by onem4nb4nd

What are you guys using to fix your trough and forge water if not this and this?

Doesn't it have a problem with enbs?

Edit: Oh. I just saw the second link. Cool. Down it comes!

(Obviously, this stuff is going to have trouble with mods that change the position of forges - and settlement expansion mods have really, well, expanded since those days.)

Doesn't it have a problem with enbs?

Edit: Oh. I just saw the second link. Cool. Down it comes!

(Obviously, this stuff is going to have trouble with mods that change the position of forges - and settlement expansion mods have really, well, expanded since those days.)

Yes, indeed. I should have mentioned that it only works if your forges and troughs haven't moved from vanilla locations. I just figured most in STEP wouldn't fall under that category anyway. 300+ mods, myself, and these serve me well!

Nope, apparently WATER used to though.

Did it? It still uses the animated fake water which looks rather decent. In my opinion, this is the best method because it has  maximum compatibility, it doesn't require world edits, and as I say, it looks decent. I really have never personally wanted to keep my belongings in a trough or stand in one, so water effects are no biggie. RWT uses most my effects, which are now actually outdated, as I improved them. It doesn't have troughs and some other things such as puddles. I prefer tweaking and adding such effects myself, which is why my plugin is vanilla water++. You can certainly grab these effects and replace/add them to the other mods easily.