A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I just added Mighty Magic to my line up (took me long enough) after reading an article about playing a mage character and general magic discussion (plus mod link roubndup) by Kelmych. First impressions: love the new Candlelight functionality so much i dropped Wearable Lanterns from my line up (had been having some broken functionality with the mod, lanterns still rendering after removal from inventory).

I successfully added the Mighty Magic plugins to my SPO / ACE / SSR merge, although I notice an inconsistency in my Smithing Perk tree (ACE Smithing vs SPO conflict?), so I need to dig deeper than a scripted error check to see what's up (& make sure ACE Smithing wins the conflict as I prefer its tree).

ACE MM SPO SSR patch Merged;Smithing Perks Overhaul RemadeACE Archery DragonbornACE ArcheryACE EnchantingACE MeleeACE SmithingACE ArmorACE SpeechACE SynergyACE BYOGACE MagicACE Realistic FightingSSR ACE Armor PatchMM - Alteration ExtrasMM - Illusion ExtrasMM - RestorationMM - ScalingMM - VoiceMM - DestructionMM - Enchantments RebalanceMM - ConjurationMM - AlterationMM - ArtifactsMM - Fortify Magic School Enchantment & AlchemyMM - IllusionMM - Conjuration ExtrasMM - Dual CastingMM - Restoration Extras

I looked inTES5Edit and it appears ACE Smithing wins the conflicts with SPO before merging, no errors after (although I do need to renumber FormIDs to avoid errors). I'm not sure why I was seeing an inconsistent Basic Smithing perk in my otherwise "as expected" ACE Smithing tree, I'll take another in game. 

Edited by redirishlord

I just added Mighty Magic to my line up (took me long enough) after reading an article about playing a mage character and general magic discussion (plus mod link roubndup) by Kelmych. First impressions: love the new Candlelight functionality so much i dropped Wearable Lanterns from my line up (had been having some broken functionality with the mod, lanterns still rendering after removal from inventory).

I successfully added the Mighty Magic plugins to my SPO / ACE / SSR merge, although I notice an inconsistency in my Smithing Perk tree (ACE Smithing vs SPO conflict?), so I need to dig deeper than a scripted error check to see what's up (& make sure ACE Smithing wins the conflict as I prefer its tree).

ACE Complete SPO SSR patch Merged;Smithing Perks Overhaul RemadeACE Archery DragonbornACE ArcheryACE EnchantingACE MeleeACE SmithingACE ArmorACE SpeechACE SynergyACE BYOGACE MagicACE Realistic FightingSSR ACE Armor PatchMM - Alteration ExtrasMM - Illusion ExtrasMM - RestorationMM - VoiceMM - DestructionMM - Enchantments RebalanceMM - ArtifactsMM - ConjurationMM - AlterationMM - Fortify Magic School Enchantment & AlchemyMM - IllusionMM - Conjuration ExtrasMM - Dual CastingMM - Restoration Extras

I didn't get to use all the spells, but what I saw was really promising. The scaling is compatible with pretty much every other spell mod as far as I can see, and some of the added spells (the storage spells from Conjuration specifically) are great. I would be interested in knowing if it mucks with Undeath at all though.

I'm not playing a Necromancer at the moment and I haven't used Undeath before so I don't have any insight there.

Edit: the Undeath mod sounds both interesting and problematic (author unavailable due to final year at Uni per Oct 2013 note). I saw several reports of issues, console command to leave area being the "best" solution, etc.

As far as conflicts with MM, couldn't load both into TES5Edit and see what conflicts appear? That would give you a quick idea, although the quest related stuff conflicting with other REGS items might be harder to sus out.

Edited by redirishlord

I'm not playing a Necromancer at the moment and I haven't used Undeath before so I don't have any insight there.

Edit: the Undeath mod sounds both interesting and problematic (author unavailable due to final year at Uni per Oct 2013 note). I saw several reports of issues, console command to leave area being the "best" solution, etc.

As far as conflicts with MM, couldn't load both into TES5Edit and see what conflicts appear? That would give you a quick idea, although the quest related stuff conflicting with other REGS items might be harder to sus out.

Yeah, I saw those issues as well. I may just leave it out of my load order for now. The main reason I added it was that it added a couple Necromancer lairs, some black magic and some black soul gem stuff. I thought that would add to immersion a bit, but I have a lot of vampire mods and likely wasn't going to actually use the lichdom part of it.

I don't know what Mighty Magic is, but if it just adds spells it should be fine. However if it changes existing spells/perks then that's where the issues will start.

Most of the issues being reported on Undeath's page are due to conflicts anyway, it's just that a lot of nexus users will just blame the first mod they stumble upon and not think that it could be a conflict or simply a case of pebkac.

Hi there.  I've just finished installing SR:LE and seems to be working as of yesterdays build.  I'm currently looking to add REGS then Requiem using Smile44's pack.

First question though (I've done a quick search and can't see an answer)  Is there a specific reason why Nernies city and village is only installed at 1.25 and not updated to 1.26?

Edit : second question.  The next two mods after that for the Sewers and windhelm lighthouse also state I should not activate them?  do you mean as I not activate the ESP within them (and therefore I can delete it?) or not activate the mod in Mod Organiser at all? In that case do I not need to download them?

Just trying to make sure I get things correct apologies for the questions.

Edited by rhodsey

Edit : second question.  The next two mods after that for the Sewers and windhelm lighthouse also state I should not activate them?  do you mean as I not activate the ESP within them (and therefore I can delete it?) or not activate the mod in Mod Organiser at all? In that case do I not need to download them?

As far as I understand the sewers and lighthouse are fully included in the REGS-Cities mod. You should download them and endorse if you like them though.

Hi there.  I've just finished installing SR:LE and seems to be working as of yesterdays build.  I'm currently looking to add REGS then Requiem using Smile44's pack.

First question though (I've done a quick search and can't see an answer)  Is there a specific reason why Nernies city and village is only installed at 1.25 and not updated to 1.26?

Just trying to make sure I get things correct apologies for the questions.

1) 1.26 is just an esp, REGS already provides a fixed esp for that in the form of REGS - Cities.esp. You basically only download Nernie's 1.25 for the meshes and other contents in it.

2) You don't need to activate them, nor download them. Downloading them is optional but recommended so you can support the original mod author with an endorsement.

1) 1.26 is just an esp, REGS already provides a fixed esp for that in the form of REGS - Cities.esp. You basically only download Nernie's 1.25 for the meshes and other contents in it.

I'd also add that this is why you have to download the loose files version (or have BSA unpacking enabled in MO) for it to work. :)

I'm sorry if this has answered before, the search function doesn't give me the results, but if I try to "start a another life" as a member of the College Of Winterhold, it takes a few minutes to load and CTD's.I'm running a SR:LE + REGS setup but I have followed every letter of both guides, even updated to 3.5 of REGS and it didn't help.My game loads perfectly fine if I start a life as a Necromanger or as a shipwreck.If needed, here is my mod order;

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espRaceCompatibility.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmREGS - Resources.esmRSkyrimChildren.esmLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmWinterholdDestruction.esmORS_SolitudeGate.esmORS_MorthalPain.esmmannyDragonhead.esmmannyBlackRock.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmXFLMain.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espCutting Room Floor.espiHUD.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espXFLConfig.espWhen Vampires Attack.espWEBS extended.espSulfurRocks.esptowConversation.espChesko_WearableLantern.espRaceMenuPlugin.espFootprints.espFootprints - Ash.espSkyUI.espTradeBarter.espDual Sheath Redux.espUIExtensions.espConvenient Horses.espORM-Arvak.espORM Convenient Alsvid.espTheEyesOfBeauty.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espFISS.espAMatterOfTime.espRaceMenu.espAshRocks.espEpisodeParallax.espBeards.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espORS_DremoraUpdate.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espELFX - Dragonborn.espSkyFalls DB + FS Small Waterfalls.espELFX - Exteriors.espRealisticRoomRental.espRelightingSkyrim-FULL.espELFX - Dawnguard.espRealisticWaterTwo.espAOS.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espWetandCold.espTraps Are Dangerous.espWM Trap Fixes.espCoT-WeatherPatch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espWetandCold - Ashes.espCoT-WeatherPatch_DB.espClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espDeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.espAOS2_CoT3_1_patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espELE-Interior Lighting Merged.espPrometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.espBetter Dynamic Snow.esp3DNPC.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espELE-Interior Lighting.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espVividian ENB.espVividian - Weather Patch Vanilla.espVividian - AllinOne Presets.espVividian - Weather Patch CoT.espVividian - Extended Weathers - CoT.espClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.espCoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.espCCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.espBook Covers Skyrim.espCWIELnFXPatch.espExpandedWinterholdRuins.espSDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.espFCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp3DNPCEFF.espPrometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.espELE HF-Interior Lighting.espRRR_ELFX-Patch.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espRealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.espHelgen Reborn.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.espREGS - Cities.espRavenRockExpanded.espOBIS.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espRaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.espBring Out Your Dead.espREGS - Better Docks.espRBB Long and Row Boats - REGS.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.espRealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.espHearthfireChimneysFalskaar.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espCWINPCImprovements.espRSChildren.espOBISDB.espOBISDB-FaceMasksFix.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espELE DB-Interior Lighting.espELE DG-Interior Lighting.espCloaks - Dawnguard.espMoonAndStar_MAS.espSky Haven Temple M&M3.espInns and Taverns.espDawnofWindhelm.espWetandCold - Holidays.espHebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espBetterDGEntrance.espBFT Ships and Carriages.espNightingale Hall.espNightingaleArrows.espInconsequential NPCs.espXFLDialogue.espCloaks.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espSMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.espDead Body Collision.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espDragonmournInn.espUnderstone Keep Repair.espDawnofRiften.espORS_ChaptersLinker.espImmersive Orc Strongholds.espTheDomain.espPoint The Way.espUniqueBorderGates-All.espAtlas Legendary.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves.espAdalMatar.espRRR_3DNPC-Patch.espquest_nomercy.espSDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esptos_laintardale_hf.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixes.espKhalSpellmakingMod.espREGS Patch - 3DNPC.espCWIDawnDragonPatch.espquest_seaofghosts.espDaggercross_Alley.esptos_amber_guard.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espChesko_Frostfall.esptos_granitehall.espProvincial Courier Service.espquest_pitfighter.espBetter City Entrances - All in one.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.espDrinking Fountains of Skyrim.espETaC - Falskaar Patch.espCCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.espDagiRaht.espGuardAnimationsGDO.espGuardAnimations.espSFO - Dragonborn.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.espdD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.espdD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.espCCO_SIC_Patch.espNPC Knockout Overhaul.espXFLPanel.espfFastTravelSpeedMult_4.espDSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.espDSAMG - Greybeard Fix.espAHZmoreHUD.espBFSEffects.espXFLPlugins.espMoss Rocks.espMoss Rocks_DB.espBrows.espmintylightningmod.espMintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.espChesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espSMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.espAtlas Compass Tweaks.espParalyze.espDeadlyDragons.espREGS Patch - CRF.espSnowbound Acres.espREGS Patch - Riften NavFull.espquest_andtherealmsofdaedra.espREGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.espUniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.espPilgrimsDelight.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espMagic of the Magna-Ge.espHoldBorderBanners.espHearthfireChimneys - ETaC.espBooksOfSkyrim.espMzarkWonders.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.espRun For Your Lives.espPP_OgmundsTomb.esphigh hrothgar overhaul.espiNeed.espMoonAndStar_Undeath_compat.espAethernautics.espGildergreen Regrown.espSDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.espPrometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.espUniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.espApple garden.espPP_WindcallerPass.espChesko_Step418_SN.espRBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.espquest_pitfighter_dlc01.espInconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.espAlternate Start - Live Another Life.espSR Conflict Resolution.espETaC - Complete.espETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.espETaC - Complete LoS Patch.espETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.espETaC - Complete BFT Patch.espETaC - Complete ORS Patch.espREGS - SRLE Patch.espBashed Patch, 0.espASIS-Dependency.espDual Sheath Redux Patch.espASIS.esp

I'm sorry if this has answered before, the search function doesn't give me the results, but if I try to "start a another life" as a member of the College Of Winterhold, it takes a few minutes to load and CTD's.I'm running a SR:LE + REGS setup but I have followed every letter of both guides, even updated to 3.5 of REGS and it didn't help.My game loads perfectly fine if I start a life as a Necromanger or as a shipwreck.If needed, here is my mod order;

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espRaceCompatibility.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmREGS - Resources.esmRSkyrimChildren.esmLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmWinterholdDestruction.esmORS_SolitudeGate.esmORS_MorthalPain.esmmannyDragonhead.esmmannyBlackRock.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmXFLMain.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espCutting Room Floor.espiHUD.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espXFLConfig.espWhen Vampires Attack.espWEBS extended.espSulfurRocks.esptowConversation.espChesko_WearableLantern.espRaceMenuPlugin.espFootprints.espFootprints - Ash.espSkyUI.espTradeBarter.espDual Sheath Redux.espUIExtensions.espConvenient Horses.espORM-Arvak.espORM Convenient Alsvid.espTheEyesOfBeauty.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espFISS.espAMatterOfTime.espRaceMenu.espAshRocks.espEpisodeParallax.espBeards.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espORS_DremoraUpdate.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espELFX - Dragonborn.espSkyFalls DB + FS Small Waterfalls.espELFX - Exteriors.espRealisticRoomRental.espRelightingSkyrim-FULL.espELFX - Dawnguard.espRealisticWaterTwo.espAOS.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espWetandCold.espTraps Are Dangerous.espWM Trap Fixes.espCoT-WeatherPatch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espWetandCold - Ashes.espCoT-WeatherPatch_DB.espClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espDeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.espAOS2_CoT3_1_patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espELE-Interior Lighting Merged.espPrometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.espBetter Dynamic Snow.esp3DNPC.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espELE-Interior Lighting.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espVividian ENB.espVividian - Weather Patch Vanilla.espVividian - AllinOne Presets.espVividian - Weather Patch CoT.espVividian - Extended Weathers - CoT.espClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.espCoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.espCCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.espBook Covers Skyrim.espCWIELnFXPatch.espExpandedWinterholdRuins.espSDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.espFCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp3DNPCEFF.espPrometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.espELE HF-Interior Lighting.espRRR_ELFX-Patch.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espRealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.espHelgen Reborn.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.espREGS - Cities.espRavenRockExpanded.espOBIS.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espRaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.espBring Out Your Dead.espREGS - Better Docks.espRBB Long and Row Boats - REGS.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.espRealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.espHearthfireChimneysFalskaar.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espCWINPCImprovements.espRSChildren.espOBISDB.espOBISDB-FaceMasksFix.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espELE DB-Interior Lighting.espELE DG-Interior Lighting.espCloaks - Dawnguard.espMoonAndStar_MAS.espSky Haven Temple M&M3.espInns and Taverns.espDawnofWindhelm.espWetandCold - Holidays.espHebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espBetterDGEntrance.espBFT Ships and Carriages.espNightingale Hall.espNightingaleArrows.espInconsequential NPCs.espXFLDialogue.espCloaks.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espSMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.espDead Body Collision.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espDragonmournInn.espUnderstone Keep Repair.espDawnofRiften.espORS_ChaptersLinker.espImmersive Orc Strongholds.espTheDomain.espPoint The Way.espUniqueBorderGates-All.espAtlas Legendary.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves.espAdalMatar.espRRR_3DNPC-Patch.espquest_nomercy.espSDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esptos_laintardale_hf.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixes.espKhalSpellmakingMod.espREGS Patch - 3DNPC.espCWIDawnDragonPatch.espquest_seaofghosts.espDaggercross_Alley.esptos_amber_guard.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espChesko_Frostfall.esptos_granitehall.espProvincial Courier Service.espquest_pitfighter.espBetter City Entrances - All in one.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.espDrinking Fountains of Skyrim.espETaC - Falskaar Patch.espCCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.espDagiRaht.espGuardAnimationsGDO.espGuardAnimations.espSFO - Dragonborn.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.espdD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.espdD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.espCCO_SIC_Patch.espNPC Knockout Overhaul.espXFLPanel.espfFastTravelSpeedMult_4.espDSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.espDSAMG - Greybeard Fix.espAHZmoreHUD.espBFSEffects.espXFLPlugins.espMoss Rocks.espMoss Rocks_DB.espBrows.espmintylightningmod.espMintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.espChesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espSMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.espAtlas Compass Tweaks.espParalyze.espDeadlyDragons.espREGS Patch - CRF.espSnowbound Acres.espREGS Patch - Riften NavFull.espquest_andtherealmsofdaedra.espREGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.espUniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.espPilgrimsDelight.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espMagic of the Magna-Ge.espHoldBorderBanners.espHearthfireChimneys - ETaC.espBooksOfSkyrim.espMzarkWonders.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.espRun For Your Lives.espPP_OgmundsTomb.esphigh hrothgar overhaul.espiNeed.espMoonAndStar_Undeath_compat.espAethernautics.espGildergreen Regrown.espSDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.espPrometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.espUniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.espApple garden.espPP_WindcallerPass.espChesko_Step418_SN.espRBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.espquest_pitfighter_dlc01.espInconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.espAlternate Start - Live Another Life.espSR Conflict Resolution.espETaC - Complete.espETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.espETaC - Complete LoS Patch.espETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.espETaC - Complete BFT Patch.espETaC - Complete ORS Patch.espREGS - SRLE Patch.espBashed Patch, 0.espASIS-Dependency.espDual Sheath Redux Patch.espASIS.esp

Hello TDarkShadow,

I think you have skipped things from SRLE guide as to merge the "vividian ENB" plugins. Go back to the guide and check that. Sorry it is just a quick look at your plugins list. Are you sure about the place of the ETaC plugins? Are you using BOSS or LOOT?

Edit: What is FISS? Does it come from SRLE either REGS?

Alkira.

Edited by Alkira

FISS is a plugin to save your MCM configurations between saves, I think :p

Not sure about anything from SRLE, but a ctd right at the start usually means something out of place (record, mesh, something the engine did not expect). Try making sure of the order of the dynamic patches' masters (especially import for LOOT, usually the cause for those types of crash) and ETaC does not seem to be in the right place at all, as Alkira said :p

I'd also add that this is why you have to download the loose files version (or have BSA unpacking enabled in MO) for it to work. :)

thanks I'd gottent he loose files just couldn't tell for definate about the guides.

One last question.  I'm mostly through the guide now but Amber Guard the mod from the Steam Workshop?  For some reason It does not have a BSA file only an ESP?  All of the others (granite hall etc) correctly have both files in the Overwrite folder but Not Granite hall.

Is that correct for everyone else?  Seems strange to not have a BSA unless he completely reuses vanilla textures and objects?

EDIt :Ignore this Just did what I shouldv'e done in the first place and searched the thread!

Edited by rhodsey