A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

@phryxolydian: You installed the inns version of ETaC in addition to Perseid's inns, there's the source of the problem. (And I would bet that's why you landed underground in the earlier screenshot, as a conflicting door record + navmesh could send you somewhere where you're not supposed to be.)

Also, don't use the ELFX - No Taverns, use RRR's patch instead.

@Keith: The fix for Bjorsi is in ETaC 10, but there was nothing wrong with the blacksmith's packages...

And concerning FaTT, it does not have a quest at all, it's just there for you to explore and use the notes to figure out what to do. No compass markers, no nothing :)

EDIT: Forgot to post what I came here to post about in the first place:

- ETaC has been updated to v10 (which doesn't have Falkreath at all, since that's being rebuilt). Patches are still getting uploaded so the instructions might not use the correct name for the Inns & Taverns patch.

- Hearthfire Chimneys for ETaC required an update as well, so I sent that to Scarla. Hopefully she'll get my PM soon and upload the updated version.

- Falksaar has been updated (DG patch no longer required, among other things)

Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 2

But I made absolutely sure when reinstalling ETaC to pick the No Inns version. I'll install everything again, as well as the patches for ETaC.. 

EDIT: Nope, I just installed everything again from ETaC and its patches No-Inns version and it's still the same. Either ETaC was incorrectly packed the No-Inns folders or some of the REGS patches has something to do with it. Or I'm just plain stupid.. probably the latter but, can anyone using the no-inns version verify in-game that this is not happening to you as well? It's at the inn in Dawnstar. Thanks.

Edited by phryxolydian

Is "Fight Against the Thalmor II" still on the table for possibly making it back into REGS at some point?

I read through older posts, but was not clear on that.  There was a lot of information to go through, and it is probable that I just missed it.  I found details about it being removed, but nothing clear about whether it might be back at some point.  I apologize if I am just missing it.

If this is not coming back, or if it may not come back, would it be possible for me to get the FATT2 patches as they currently stand?  I am interested in trying out the "Recruit More Blades - Sky Haven Temple Enhanced" mod that ties all of FATT together, and would appreciate anything I can get ahold of that may help improve stability.  I am capable of troubleshooting issues for myself if I run into them...I promise I won't be expecting any support here for it.  I know you guys have enough to do without dealing with that.

Thanks

On the ETaC mod page there are no patches as explained in the guide as least not currently. There is only v10 and Instructions.

Edit: Included mod I was talking about.

Ooh, I think I can answer this one!

The patches are still being uploaded and should be there at some point in the near future.

Edited by noobzor

But I made absolutely sure when reinstalling ETaC to pick the No Inns version. I'll install everything again, as well as the patches for ETaC.. 

EDIT: Nope, I just installed everything again from ETaC and its patches No-Inns version and it's still the same. Either ETaC was incorrectly packed the No-Inns folders or some of the REGS patches has something to do with it. Or I'm just plain stupid.. probably the latter but, can anyone using the no-inns version verify in-game that this is not happening to you as well? It's at the inn in Dawnstar. Thanks.

I'm using the new ETaC along with RRR and I installed ETaC with the recommended options including No Inns (but excluding Interesting NPCs). I'm not using ELFX. I don't have any problems with the Dawnstar Inn.

Hey noobzor, check your PMs mate.

Thank you!

On the ETaC mod page there are no patches as explained in the guide as least not currently. There is only v10 and Instructions.

Edit: Included mod I was talking about.

It looks like the patches are up now. 

Yep, ETaC patches are up (finally, hurrah for Time Warner, even my shitty 3rd world ISP would have let me upload that faster) as well as the Hearthfires Chimneys update.I was going to add the chimneys module for Falskaar to the guide, but it's nowhere to be found on the mod page at the moment...EDIT: Ninjas everywhere.Concerning FaTT 2, it's not coming back unless MadFrenchie fixes the Bloodlet Throne CTD (I've been unable to fix it, except by deleting half of the stuff that the mod adds in there). Now I know MadFrenchie is MIA on the nexus, but apparently he's still active on the workshop (I can see a comment of his on FaTT 2 from the 26th of April) and he did say that he'd look into the issues (Page 4 of the comments here)

Edited by CJ2311

I was going to add the chimneys module for Falskaar to the guide, but it's nowhere to be found on the mod page at the moment...EDIT: Ninjas everywhere.Concerning FaTT 2, it's not coming back unless MadFrenchie fixes the Bloodlet Throne CTD (I've been unable to fix it, except by deleting half of the stuff that the mod adds in there). Now I know MadFrenchie is MIA on the nexus, but apparently he's still active on the workshop (I can see a comment of his on FaTT 2 from the 26th of April) and he did say that he'd look into the issues (Page 4 of the comments here)

Thank you for the info.  I saw in the comments for Hearthfire Chimneys that there was some issue with the new version of Falskaar chimneys (something about out of order masters and unresolved references), so Scarla took it down until it is fixed.

And sorry for ninja-announcing stuff...I don't have a lot going on today, and have been just checking various mods all day. :)

Edited by noobzor

I'm using the new ETaC along with RRR and I installed ETaC with the recommended options including No Inns (but excluding Interesting NPCs). I'm not using ELFX. I don't have any problems with the Dawnstar Inn.

Yeah, everything's working fine now with the new update. I had ETaC's 9.2 packages on Downloads tab as hidden and that's how I reinstalled it. I guess the packaging was off for the No Inns version, then? Glad to see that ovens are still there, I take it this is Nernie's magic? Only thing that seems strange is the inside doors don't match the outside doors, but that really is just nitpicking. Hmm can someone remind me why is the No Inns version used? I completely forgot lol

Also, since FAtT II isn't going to be used, then ETAC's Dragon Bridge South could be implemented...

Yeah, everything's working fine now with the new update. I had ETaC's 9.2 packages on Downloads tab as hidden and that's how I reinstalled it. I guess the packaging was off for the No Inns version, then? Glad to see that ovens are still there, I take it this is Nernie's magic? Only thing that seems strange is the inside doors don't match the outside doors, but that really is just nitpicking. Hmm can someone remind me why is the No Inns version used? I completely forgot lol

Also, since FAtT II isn't going to be used, then ETAC's Dragon Bridge South could be implemented...

I think ETaC Dragon Bridge South conflicts with FATT IV, which is still in REGS.  FATT II is pretty much all down on the Cyrodiil border, as far as I understand it.

FATT IV is not compatible with ETAC Dragon Bridge South - there are specific instructions in the guide to not install ETAC Dragon Bridge South if you are using FATT IV.

Noooooooooooooooooo!

I went to merge together all of the new ETaC v10.0 patches I've installed, and when I ran my (now standard) Check for Errors run in TES5Edit before running the Merge Script, I get these messages in TES5Edit:

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [10] ETaC - Complete 3DNPC Patch.esp[00:00]                 NAME - Base -> [01003328] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]               Above errors were found in :[REFR:10001DA0] (places [01003328] <Error: Could not be resolved> in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MorthalExterior02 [CELL:000093BD] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -9,15))[00:00]             Above errors were found in :GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MorthalExterior02 [CELL:000093BD] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -9,15)[00:00]           Above errors were found in :GRUP Cell Children of MorthalExterior02 [CELL:000093BD] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -9,15)[00:00]         Above errors were found in :GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block 1, -2[00:00]       Above errors were found in :GRUP Exterior Cell Block 0, -1[00:00]     Above errors were found in :GRUP World Children of Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C][00:00]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "WRLD"[00:00] Above errors were found in :[10] ETaC - Complete 3DNPC Patch.esp[00:00] Checking for Errors in [11] ETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.esp[00:00] Checking for Errors in [12] ETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.esp[00:00]                       Door -> [058900DE] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]                     Above errors were found in :Door Triangle #2[00:00]                       Door -> [05890007] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]                     Above errors were found in :Door Triangle #1[00:00]                   Above errors were found in :Door Triangles[00:00]                 Above errors were found in :NVNM - Geometry[00:00]               Above errors were found in :[NAVM:0B890290] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24))[00:00]             Above errors were found in :GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24)[00:00]           Above errors were found in :GRUP Cell Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24)[00:00]                       Door -> [05890054] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]                     Above errors were found in :Door Triangle #2[00:00]                       Door -> [05890053] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]                     Above errors were found in :Door Triangle #1[00:00]                       Door -> [058900DD] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]                     Above errors were found in :Door Triangle #0[00:00]                   Above errors were found in :Door Triangles[00:00]                 Above errors were found in :NVNM - Geometry[00:00]               Above errors were found in :[NAVM:0B8900EE] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior01 [CELL:00008EA2] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,25))[00:00]             Above errors were found in :GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior01 [CELL:00008EA2] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,25)[00:00]           Above errors were found in :GRUP Cell Children of WinterholdExterior01 [CELL:00008EA2] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,25)[00:00]         Above errors were found in :GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block 3, 3[00:00]                 NAME - Base -> [02047114] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]               Above errors were found in :[REFR:0B89004D] (places [02047114] <Error: Could not be resolved> in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExteriorEdge [CELL:00008EDF] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 27,23))[00:00]             Above errors were found in :GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExteriorEdge [CELL:00008EDF] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 27,23)[00:00]           Above errors were found in :GRUP Cell Children of WinterholdExteriorEdge [CELL:00008EDF] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 27,23)[00:00]         Above errors were found in :GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block 2, 3[00:00]       Above errors were found in :GRUP Exterior Cell Block 0, 0[00:00]     Above errors were found in :GRUP World Children of Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C][00:00]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "WRLD"[00:00]               Door Ref -> [05890054] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]             Above errors were found in :Door #2[00:00]               Door Ref -> [05890053] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]             Above errors were found in :Door #1[00:00]               Door Ref -> [058900DD] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]             Above errors were found in :Door #0[00:00]           Above errors were found in :Linked Doors[00:00]         Above errors were found in :NVMI - Navigation Map Info[00:00]               Door Ref -> [058900DE] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]             Above errors were found in :Door #2[00:00]               Door Ref -> [05890007] <Error: Could not be resolved>[00:00]             Above errors were found in :Door #1[00:00]           Above errors were found in :Linked Doors[00:00]         Above errors were found in :NVMI - Navigation Map Info[00:00]       Above errors were found in :Navigation Map Infos[00:00]     Above errors were found in :[NAVI:00012FB4][00:00]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "NAVI"[00:00] Above errors were found in :[12] ETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.esp[00:00] Checking for Errors in [13] ETaC - Complete Fountains Patch.esp[00:00] Checking for Errors in [14] ETaC - Complete Inns and Taverns Patch.esp[00:00] Checking for Errors in [15] ETaC - Complete LoS Patch.esp[00:00] Checking for Errors in [16] ETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.esp[00:00] Checking for Errors in [17] ETaC - Complete ORS Patch.esp[00:00] All Done!

So, it seems the 3DNPC and EWDR patches need some fixing. Whose are those?

EDIT: I posted about this on the main ETaC comments thread.

Edited by keithinhanoi