A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

For SR:LE + REGS users; Thordir's RS Children patch for ETaC (v12) causes fail on launch if used with ETaC v13. It was in my previous v12 load order so I discovered the incompatibility when I had to track it down by trial and error (TES5Edit didn't find an issue when processing my load order but Skyrim hung without game menu on launch).

• +1 3

I think next time I'll refresh the page, Nearox will have an admin rank.

@ETaC v13: I think every patch that has to do with North dragon bridge and the navmesh in morthal will be broken (except the ones in the guide, which I triple-checked)

Edited by CJ2311

Hello Nearox,

I'm in doubt concerning Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins, usually modders either present an ESP file, or if there are some sort of issues they also offer an ESM file as an alternative.

In EWDS both are present, is there a preference from past experience with the mod or can I go either way, at least I don't think I should install both.

Checked the MOD page and the question was asked there as well but the reply from the modder was somewhat vague.

Edited by Ogham

I think next time I'll refresh the page, Nearox will have an admin rank.

Movin up in the world!

Hello Nearox,

I'm in doubt concerning Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins, usually modders either present an ESP file, or if there are some sort of issues they also offer an ESM file as an alternative.

In EWDS both are present, is there a preference from past experience with the mod or can I go either way, at least I don't think I should install both.

Checked the MOD page and the question was asked there as well but the reply from the modder was somewhat vague.

Just install all the files as instructed by REGS. I.e. if REGS does not mention any files to be excluded then you can assume to install all that come with the package. As for EWDR, I cannot check right now but yes I believe there is both an ESM and an ESP and that they should both be used. ESM is used a resource file, as far as I understand it, though for more technical details on that you'd have to ask CJ2311.

Yes but at the moment ELFX exteriors has some conflicts with ETaC... It's mainly some floating light bulbs or double braziers etc. However it is rather annoying when playing the game.

The problem is threefold:

1) Jenna said she was working on the ELFX - ETaC patch but I haven't seen it yet.

2) I can't fix the light source via tes5edit, only via CK (I think) of which I don't have enough knowledge. 

3) If you are using Neo's premade SR Conflict Resolution.esp, it will have a master dependency on ELFX - Exteriors.esp

So at the moment you are basically stuck with the floating light sources, until Jenna releases the patch. Alternatively, you can either do the SR CR guide manually or cut out the records in the premade patch that have master dependency on ELFX - Exteriors.esp.

Now that REGS has been updated by CJ I'll work on updating the REGS-SRLE compatibility guide too. 

Does ELFX without ELFX - Exteriors compatible with ETaC without patch? I can use Lantern of Skyrim instead. Thanks.

Does ELFX without ELFX - Exteriors compatible with ETaC without patch? I can use Lantern of Skyrim instead. Thanks.

If you're not using the ELFX - Exteriors plugin, then for any vanilla interiors that ETaC 13 makes changes too, there could be lights in the "wrong" position, or extra light sources - which can cause flickering if there's more than 4 shadow casting light sources.

Again, that's just for vanilla interiors, and if you are using the No Inns version of ETaC, then obviously there shouldn't be any ELFX conflicts inside inns.

Honestly, it's not so terrible, and when MJB updates everything along with the ELFX patch, then it will all be fine.

Did anyone actually read a post from MJB in which she said that she will make the patch for ELFX - Exteriors as well as the main ELFX plugin?

• +1 1

Did anyone actually read a post from MJB in which she said that she will make the patch for ELFX - Exteriors as well as the main ELFX plugin?

I remember her posting quite a while ago about updating the ELFX patch. It was just around the time when the ELFX update came out. As far as I am aware the ETaC patches have the option for both interior and exterior in the FOMOD, so I assumed both would be patched.

@CJ, and Nearox

Can we merge all ETAC patches? - Do we need to leave out CRF patches?

ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ORS Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete CRF Patch.esp

ETaC - Whiterun CRF Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete WC Holidays Patch.esp

ETaC - Falskaar Patch.esp

ETaC - BDS Patch.esp

Can we merge all REG Patches?

REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp

REGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.esp

REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp

REGS Patch -3DNC.esp

Another point

ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp may need BUM rule to load it after ETaC - Complete.esp

Edited by darkside

Why don't you recommanded inns version of EaTC ?

Because Inns are already modified by Perseid's inns mod, which is incompatible with ETaC.

Dawn of serie compatible with JK's serie. Why is not proposal ?

For performance reasons, you'd need a good PC to handle both mods. And also because I feel JK's work on the cities is already great by itself.

Is the mod solitude dock district compatible with pack explorer ?

Not really, NPCs will get stuck in that area a lot and there'll be some clipping buildings at the dock. By the way, Solitude docks district has also small incompatibilities with interesting NPCs and Better Docks.

@CJ, and NearoxCan we merge all ETAC patches? - Do we need to leave out CRF patches?Can we merge all REG Patches?Another pointETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp may need BUM rule to load it after ETaC - Complete.esp

You can actually merge all of the above (REGS and ETaC patches) in one single esp.
  • +1 2