A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I'm mining the SR:LE guide atm, lots of fixes I didn't know about & need to implement (I followed instructions & fixed a world edit, hurray!). I've got a straight REGS SRLE profile now, so I'm using my existing successful merge list and just doing some trial and error with the "new to me" mods I haven't vetted yet. The only variable I don't have a good handle on is navmeshes, apparently they don't play nice with the merge script if two edit the same space - so I have to be extra cautious with city overhauls.

I'm mining the SR:LE guide atm, lots of fixes I didn't know about & need to implement (I followed instructions & fixed a world edit, hurray!). I've got a straight REGS SRLE profile now, so I'm using my existing successful merge list and just doing some trial and error with the "new to me" mods I haven't vetted yet. The only variable I don't have a good handle on is navmeshes, apparently they don't play nice with the merge script if two edit the same space - so I have to be extra cautious with city overhauls.

Don't merge mods that overwrite each other, that is literally a minefield. Some work well, some are simply disastrous :x The merge script *still* can't handle overwriting records and for navmesh I believe that's even worse :/

• +1 1

"Don't merge mods that overwrite each other, that is literally a minefield."

Could you elaborate a bit on that? I just followed the SR:LE instructions on the RW2 plugins, in that particular case no renumbering of formids. I'm not sure I understand your use of overwrite in this case, but would definitely like to pick up any best practices you use.

As far as overwriting navmeshes, I had holes in the terrain outside Whiterun when I attempted to merge Nernies and various other REGS city overhauls. Is there a proper procedure to check plugins (maybe with TES5Edit) to determine if they edit the same navmesh, so that I can optimize my merging (all that's fit and none that's not)?

>> ninja'd by TB; permissions would be needed from the various mod author's to add a merged plugin to the guide, correct? but instructions for users to make their own should be no problem, right?

Edited by redirishlord