A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

You got my BIG thanks for sharing! Just wondering why you opted not to renumber FormIDs, since the author of the merge script says that they should be for 99% of cases. What I never understood is: What determines whether you need to disable renumbering or enable? If the mod contains scripts that refer to, or are referred by, specific formids?Also have you run into any issues while playing the game at those locations?

No problem so far, but haven't had much time to test. I reopened them after merging with TES5edit to check without error.Just a few notes. I am using BOSS with full SRLE and REGS.I didn't merge REGS CRF patch as discussed long time ago.I also didn't merge CWI ELFX patch due to load order requirement.I also didn't merge Heart fire chimney with REGS patch due to "I can't remember why"

Edited by darkside

Thanks to everyone :D

Just a quick note about JK's Whiterun, did some testing on it, it works fine on my computer (really medium specs) and about bugs and such most were pretty minor stuff, except a bench stuck inside a rock, and you can find them here! (bugs in image description)

About the merges, if you've done some and they work let us know! :D

• +1 1

Re- JK's and that bench, I believe he's aware from forum posts.

I've got a list of merged plugins on my STEP profile page, but they are a mix of STEP, SR:LE, REGS and other stuff that caught my eye (BTW the early/late/other merges are broken up that way to facilitate LOOT sorting but really they could be one uber merge). I'm finishing up a straight STEP + REGS install and I'll make an Early load order, Late load order and other merges as needed. Of course others can do the same, just avoid mods with MCM, mod &/or script dependencies.  

Edited by redirishlord

@Nearox

I can post some more merge mods from SRLE and a few extra mods.

See below. All without renumber FormID except a few merges.

I don't need to merge more REGS mods because I already have enough esp slots to add perks, followers, and mods from MMO packs.

Atlas - MERGED.esp

Atlas Legendary.esp

Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp

Early Mods - MERGED.esp

EpisodeParallax.esp

Moss Rocks.esp

Moss Rocks_DB.esp

SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp

SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp

SulfurRocks.esp

WEBS extended.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp (Need some manual merge if I remember correctly)

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX - Dragonborn.esp

ELFX - Dawnguard.esp

Head - MERGED.esp (Use RENUMBER FORM ID)

Beards.esp

Brows.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

The Eyes Of Beauty - Elven Edition.esp

High Level Enemies - SIC.esp

High Level Enemies - SIC.esp

High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp

mintylightningmod.esp

mintylightningmod.esp

MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp

SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp

SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp

SkyFalls DB + FS Small Waterfalls.esp

TheChoiceIsYours.esp

TheChoiceIsYours.esp

TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp

TheChoiceIsYours_Dragonborn.esp

Weapon - MERGED.esp (Use RENUMBER FORM ID)

Daedric Dawnbreaker.esp

NightingaleArrows.esp

TavernCloths-MTM.esp

Dawnbreaker_PeacefulExplosion.esp

Edited by darkside

Thanks, Gandaganza, for "picking up the torch" here!

Nearox: I am still shy about using CK, but I will go look at those videos and also find CJ's navmesh editing tutorial post way back in this thread and give it a try. If it seems like something I'm comfortable with, then I'll let you know. A bigger problem for me is lack of time, though.

Since there's talk about adding JK's Whiterun to the REGS list - I just yesterday saw mention of Ultimate Whiterun by someone on the main ETaC comments thread.

It's different from JK's or DoW in that it significantly alters the layout of Whiterun, making it bigger by pushing out the exterior walls and adding more houses. This seems like an interesting take on overhauling the city.

I'll probably install it and "take a tour," but was wondering if anyone has tried it and what they thought of it.

• +1 1

Well, I'm a novice when it comes to the CK and TES5Edit but I can use them and have a rough idea about what I am doing. Like Keith I'm a bit time poor at the moment but expect things to improve in October. I'll have a hunt around for those tutorials as well and if I can help I will. Hopefully it will be a case of many hands make light work. Cheers 

JK strikes again:  JK's Windhelm

Here's my list of merges:

https://pastebin.com/5aaADCPd

Thanks for sharing :)

Well, I'm a novice when it comes to the CK and TES5Edit but I can use them and have a rough idea about what I am doing. Like Keith I'm a bit time poor at the moment but expect things to improve in October. I'll have a hunt around for those tutorials as well and if I can help I will. Hopefully it will be a case of many hands make light work. Cheers 

Yeah CK knowledge will mostly be necessary when adding new conflicting mods and when arthmoor decides to change the CRF navmesh once again :D. Generally mod updates dont require us to look at them in the CK for REGS compatibiltiy, but when they do it is critical. 

Guys,

Has anyone of you ever considered or tried this mod: Legacy of the Dragonborn (Dragonborn Gallery) by icecreamassassin?

From the description and pictures it looks extremely nice and well built...I was thinking of giving it a go.

Any opinions?

Thanks!  ::):

I'm uslally not a big fan of mods that revolve around hundreds of mannequins... Feels like a big player home disguised as a museum. And REGS so far has had a strict no-player-housing rule. Reading the description though apparently everything is tied to ane xtensive quest, going through 4 dungeons and a new worldspace. Hmmm. Still seems like the description doesn't tell everything. I'd love to see a video before I try it out, but there is none linked at the page and I cannot find a decent youtube vid on it.

Also in the solitude world space, there is already Nernie's cities. SRLE however puts Book Library there, so Gandaganza and I will look at whether we are gonna keep Nernie's or whether we go for the Book Library mod. 

Edited by Nearox

Thanks, Gandaganza, for "picking up the torch" here!

Nearox: I am still shy about using CK, but I will go look at those videos and also find CJ's navmesh editing tutorial post way back in this thread and give it a try. If it seems like something I'm comfortable with, then I'll let you know. A bigger problem for me is lack of time, though.

Since there's talk about adding JK's Whiterun to the REGS list - I just yesterday saw mention of Ultimate Whiterun by someone on the main ETaC comments thread.

It's different from JK's or DoW in that it significantly alters the layout of Whiterun, making it bigger by pushing out the exterior walls and adding more houses. This seems like an interesting take on overhauling the city.

I'll probably install it and "take a tour," but was wondering if anyone has tried it and what they thought of it.

We looked at UW back in february/march, but IIRC there were a range with issues with it and we decided to ditch it in favor of DoW. JK's WHiterun generally just looks so good, plus it has DoW compatibility so having 2 mods there will probably be enough. 

Thank you too for your willingness to look at the CK. It seems we have a few people here who'd be interested in doing it for REGS, which is just fantastic. Indeed I recall CJ making a navmesh tutorial before. Have you found it yet?

We looked at UW back in february/march, but IIRC there were a range with issues with it and we decided to ditch it in favor of DoW. JK's WHiterun generally just looks so good, plus it has DoW compatibility so having 2 mods there will probably be enough. 

Thank you too for your willingness to look at the CK. It seems we have a few people here who'd be interested in doing it for REGS, which is just fantastic. Indeed I recall CJ making a navmesh tutorial before. Have you found it yet?

Hmm, well UW has had 3 updates since March, including navmesh fixes from what I see. I also read one report where the person is using along with DoW and JK's WR. Anyhow, I wasn't suggesting it for REGS - I'm just interested in it personally, as it makes the same kinds of major changes that ETaC does, rather than simply adding more flora and... stuff.

I promise to report back after I've looked around and maybe take some screens. I'll also look at the exterior to see how it plays along with REGS (again, for me personally, but who knows who else might want to add it in their mod line-up.)

As for CJ's quick tutorial, I was wrong. It's not in the REGS thread, but rather a separate one, over here (on the second page of posts).

I'm uslally not a big fan of mods that revolve around hundreds of mannequins... Feels like a big player home disguised as a museum. And REGS so far has had a strict no-player-housing rule. Reading the description though apparently everything is tied to ane xtensive quest, going through 4 dungeons and a new worldspace. Hmmm. Still seems like the description doesn't tell everything. I'd love to see a video before I try it out, but there is none linked at the page and I cannot find a decent youtube vid on it.

Also in the solitude world space, there is already Nernie's cities. SRLE however puts Book Library there, so Gandaganza and I will look at whether we are gonna keep Nernie's or whether we go for the Book Library mod. 

Well...I wouldn't say that I disagree! From its description, wiki & pics, it looked to me as a very "polished mod"; though, its updates are quite frequent lately meaning the author is quite active on this mod, But still, perhaps I will give it some time to settle and then try it.

I haven't realized that it's either "Books of Skyrim" or "Nernie's Cities"!! Do they conflict that much?