A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I know there has been a bit of talk about TES Arena. I always thought it clashed with Unique Border Gates so hadn't tried it.

But having watched Brodual's video I don't think it does. In fact it looks quite good.

I noticed in the comments that the author is reworking the cities to improve FPS.

So have any REGS users tried the mod?

Is there a clash anywhere??

Edit* From memory I think Inns and Taverns might have been an issue

I tried TES Arena again and I must say wow, the towns he add fit in perfect with the vanilla skyrim world. The amount of detail and blending in with the environment is stunning. Also the interiors are pretty much finished and the towns are already filled with properly named NPCs with AI packages. Just... WOW! I am so surprised! Almost cannot believe the development the mod must have gone through since last time I tried it 2 months ago. 

If he puts in quests and backstories to each town, which it seems he is working on right now, then TES Arena is going to be my favorite city mod by far... Especially considering the towns have strong justification in TES/Skyrim lore. I think when he finishes it is gonne be totally epic. 

I just disabled some of 13oranges mods to prevent conflicts, haven't seen any direct conflicts so far (didn't check in tes5edit though). 

Edited by Nearox
  • +1 2

I tried TES Arena again and I must say wow, the towns he add fit in perfect with the vanilla skyrim world. The amount of detail and blending in with the environment is stunning. Also the interiors are pretty much finished and the towns are already filled with properly named NPCs with AI packages. Just... WOW! I am so surprised! Almost cannot believe the development the mod must have gone through since last time I tried it 2 months ago. If he puts in quests and backstories to each town, which it seems he is working on right now, then TES Arena is going to be my favorite city mod by far... Especially considering the towns have strong justification in TES/Skyrim lore. I think when he finishes it is gonne be totally epic. I just disabled some of 13oranges mods to prevent conflicts, haven't seen any direct conflicts so far (didn't check in tes5edit though).

Which mod did you disabled? Thanks.

I'm not really involved in pack development anymore, but seeing as it doesn't really have hard conflicts with REGS mods (apart from perhaps the 2 I mentioned before) it should be a no-brainer IMHO once he finishes the mod. It will still be in my modlist until that time regardless though.

its funny because CJ said he gave up modding. The Copy/paste of the post went way better than expected. I do believe he'll still maintain this pack though. Hopefully. From ETaC posts section. 

Posted Image

CJ231126 kudos637 posts

That was a business trip she went on last month, not vacation.

Also, I realize that Jenna did not post here about me giving up modding, so if you're wondering why I wasn't posting, that's the reason.

And for new mods to expand I to have been adding Tes arena and also Forgotten Settlements... I've briefly looked at them in game and there seems to be a problem with one but so amazing together. I am unsure right now though.

Edited by hishutup

Just checked Dragonmourninn.esp with Tes5Edit and it does have 31 itms.  I went ahead and cleaned.  Same for the 2 itms in Inns and Taverns.esp.  Probably harmless that they're in there, but no harm in cleaning.  Might want to update the guide.

Edited by bern43