A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Outstanding, thanks for confirming CJ, I'm upgrading to ETaC v13. I followed your recommendations on JK's overhauls but added Dawn of Whiterun to his compatible WR file, my fps was tolerable there and I like it being a crowded trading hub. You were spot on about Windhelm, I prefer JK's take on it, and Blue Piano's Riften.

Yeah, I always thought Dawn of Windhelm made the lower part of the city look a bit too cheerful for a place where argonians and dark elves are being oppressed... :|

On a different note, REGS v4 is now out. Grab it while it's hot.Fair warning, the structure of the guide has changed a bit now that there is no longer a "Foundation" section. However, the changelog should help you find all the changes you need to do.

• +1 6

Small question concerning the userlist.

ADD: RBB Long and Row Boats - REGS.espBEFORE: ETaC - Complete.espADD: RBB Large Boats.espBEFORE: ETaC - Complete.esp

According to the guide we use the merged version.

So I guess the reason I don't see the two above mentioned esp's is because they are replaced by

RBB - REGS merged.esp. ?

Edited by Ogham

Question about User List:

ADD: REGS - Better City Entrances.espBOTTOM: Towns and Villages

The file is named "Better City Entrances - All in one.esp" and it has already a place in the BOSS Master List (Quests B)

So, is it necessary or recommended to create a OVERRIDE rule?

PS: Just want to say OBRIGADO from PORTUGAL to all of you who contribute day after day for the STEP community. You guys rules & Keep it coming!!

• +1 1

Question about User List:

ADD: REGS - Better City Entrances.esp

BOTTOM: Towns and Villages

The file is named "Better City Entrances - All in one.esp" and it has already a place in the BOSS Master List (Quests B)

So, is it necessary or recommended to create a OVERRIDE rule?

PS: Just want to say OBRIGADO from PORTUGAL to all of you who contribute day after day for the STEP community. You guys rules & Keep it coming!!

You're getting the wrong file, you should get the REGS compatible optional only.

É sempre bom ver tugas por estas bandas :p

Edited by Gandaganza
  • +1 1

You're getting the wrong file, you should get the REGS compatible optional only.

In that case the BUM rules is OK but not the guide as it states clearly:

"Special Instructions:

• STEP and SRLE users should install only the main file Better City Entrances - All in One download."

Looking at REGS version 4.0

Do we need to use CRF patch for ETAC? CRF is now in both STEP and SRLE. Thanks.

You don't have to download the one on ETaC's page, but you have to use the one in the REGS - Patches.

@Better City Entrances: I'll fix the esp name in the userlist asap.

• +1 2

@NearoxDo you plan to continue using ELFX and ELFX exterior based from SRLE with REGS?

Yes but at the moment ELFX exteriors has some conflicts with ETaC... It's mainly some floating light bulbs or double braziers etc. However it is rather annoying when playing the game.

The problem is threefold:

1) Jenna said she was working on the ELFX - ETaC patch but I haven't seen it yet.

2) I can't fix the light source via tes5edit, only via CK (I think) of which I don't have enough knowledge. 

3) If you are using Neo's premade SR Conflict Resolution.esp, it will have a master dependency on ELFX - Exteriors.esp

So at the moment you are basically stuck with the floating light sources, until Jenna releases the patch. Alternatively, you can either do the SR CR guide manually or cut out the records in the premade patch that have master dependency on ELFX - Exteriors.esp.

Now that REGS has been updated by CJ I'll work on updating the REGS-SRLE compatibility guide too.