New Forest Atronach - by Ren by Rengel

rootsrat

What do you think of the quality of the original versus revised and how it looks in game. It's hard to reach a conclusion from the screenshots.

Agreed. I can't tell a difference between the Matriarchs. They look identical to me. I'm not saying that this is the case...because I have no proof of that whatsoever...but in OTHER mods, sometimes you don't realize that the mod isn't that impressive until you look at the HRDLC and realize it's just a SLIGHTLY sharper version (cough telvanni reborn cough). Again, not saying that's the case here at all. 
The screens are not a fair representation, since the lighting angles are different. The only way to properly compare would be using Nifscope or Blender or something that will place the texture onto the model under identical lighting conditions ... or just look in-game in good light. Video might work well too, but that is time consuming.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of the quality of the original versus revised and how it looks in game. It's hard to reach a conclusion from the screenshots.

Agreed. I can't tell a difference between the Matriarchs. They look identical to me. I'm not saying that this is the case...because I have no proof of that whatsoever...but in OTHER mods, sometimes you don't realize that the mod isn't that impressive until you look at the HRDLC and realize it's just a SLIGHTLY sharper version (cough telvanni reborn cough). Again, not saying that's the case here at all. 
The screens are not a fair representation, since the lighting angles are different. The only way to properly compare would be using Nifscope or Blender or something that will place the texture onto the model under identical lighting conditions ... or just look in-game in good light. Video might work well too, but that is time consuming.
Not sure if this gif image helps, but here it is:

Posted Image

Not sure if this gif image helps, but here it is:

Posted Image

That one is tough to judge as well, because one of them has lots of green covering the body, and the other doesn't. I assume that this green is in flux, so that one has neither more or less ... ? Based on these alone, I like the darker one (darker spriggan, not darker background), but I suspect that the lighter colored spriggan may have better detail under all that green magic.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Ren's version personally, though I don't know if it's "vanilla-ish" enough for STEP. It's what I'm using though. :) I like the extra pattern details.

Up close you notice the pattern but in game you don't see it that much when you fighting these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Ren's version personally' date=' though I don't know if it's "vanilla-ish" enough for STEP. It's what I'm using though. :) I like the extra pattern details.[/quote']

Up close you notice the pattern but in game you don't see it that much when you fighting these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice the stuff that glows in particular, even without pausing :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm personally a fan of the BoS textures and they are simply improved vanilla. Ren's are a bit too dark and the extra patten of gold makes no logical sense as to why a creature of the wood and forest would have gold inlaid on it. Just my opinion and thoughts.