New Forest Atronach - by Ren by Rengel

rootsrat

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49543/

Again, from the author that I discovered today :) And again, I like it! It's a retexture of spriggans and matrons. The main file adds a new type of attronach to be summoned, but the retexture only is available in optionals.

::EDIT::

There are no retextures of these in current STEP.

Compares:

HRDLC(current STEP)->AMB(Book of Silence but not used in STEP)->Rens(replacer pack only)

Spriggan front

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spriggan face

Spriggan back

Spriggan Matron front

Spriggan Matron face

Spriggan Matron back

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone care to post before/after screens?

It's an entirely new atronach, so there is no before.
Yea, but it uses a Spriggan Matriarch or whatever they're called as the Atronarch. There is no added creature. 
There's a standalone Atronach file (doesn't interfere with vanilla Spriggans) and there's a replacer (replaces Spriggan textures and matriarch textures).

Ok, here goes. For this one, I noticed that the separate retexture optional file DOES NOT overwrite any vanilla files when installed. Rengel, could you shed some light on this please?  CORRECTION: It's the Wisp Mother retexture that does not overwrite any vanilla files, not this one. Nevertheless, the below showed in my game for spriggan texture...

At the moment, the spriggan has no texture applied to it, however the spriggan matron one works perfectly fine. Apologies for not 1:1 compares, but it's hard to take perfect shots of hostile toons in game.

I do like the Matron retexture I must say, but Spriggan needs to be fixed.

• Spriggan Matron, HRDLC  >>  Rengel's

Posted Image  >>  Posted Image

• Spriggan, HRDLC  >>  Rengel's

Ok' date=' here goes. [s']For this one, I noticed that the separate retexture optional file DOES NOT overwrite any vanilla files when installed. Rengel, could you shed some light on this please? [/s] CORRECTION: It's the Wisp Mother retexture that does not overwrite any vanilla files, not this one. Nevertheless, the below showed in my game for spriggan texture...

At the moment, the spriggan has no texture applied to it, however the spriggan matron one works perfectly fine. Apologies for not 1:1 compares, but it's hard to take perfect shots of hostile toons in game.

That's strange.. the spriggan shouldnt be like that. Can you tell me how you installed it and what file you're using?

What do you think of the quality of the original versus revised and how it looks in game. It's hard to reach a conclusion from the screenshots.

Agreed. I can't tell a difference between the Matriarchs. They look identical to me. I'm not saying that this is the case...because I have no proof of that whatsoever...but in OTHER mods, sometimes you don't realize that the mod isn't that impressive until you look at the HRDLC and realize it's just a SLIGHTLY sharper version (cough telvanni reborn cough). Again, not saying that's the case here at all. 

Ok' date=' here goes. [s']For this one, I noticed that the separate retexture optional file DOES NOT overwrite any vanilla files when installed. Rengel, could you shed some light on this please? [/s] CORRECTION: It's the Wisp Mother retexture that does not overwrite any vanilla files, not this one. Nevertheless, the below showed in my game for spriggan texture...

That's strange.. the spriggan shouldnt be like that. Can you tell me how you installed it and what file you're using?

I use Spriggan and Matron Replacer file from Optional Files section on Nexus. I installed it in Mod Organizer, as per usual, double clicking on the file.

It replaces the following files for me:

Posted Image

Jeezas, I feel like I'm back at work - I test software for a living and this feels like bug reporting :D

I use Spriggan and Matron Replacer file from Optional Files section on Nexus. I installed it in Mod Organizer, as per usual, double clicking on the file.

It replaces the following files for me:

Posted Image

Jeezas, I feel like I'm back at work - I test software for a living and this feels like bug reporting :D

Yeah, bug fixing sucks specially when you don't know about it until a month later LOL!!

Apparently the mesh had the wrong paths and nobody said anything! I just updated the file right now please download that one! >__