Conflict Resolution

Well you could try using the merge plugin script and comparing its results to yours. It's a nice troubleshooter for such things, I've found many of the steps in the the CR guide are redundant if you're using that (after checking for it's compatibility with the plugins and comparing it to manual several times).

I'm talking about Mator's plugin script. What I'd do is the mods you have that aren't covered by Neo's patch I'd try merging the ones that make sense to try with Mator's plugin. that should at least give you a decent start on fussing out your issue.

Ah, ok, thanks. Ive already merged a lot of mods beyond Neo's mods. My conflict resolution was based off of those merges. And it worked until recently.

Im wondering if there is a record edit that if bad, would cause the game to CTD similar to missing master.

I also removed mods and modified my conflict resolution after removing those mods, and those mods I removed were masters for my CR patch. I did remove all references to the removed mods. However, is it possible that tes5edit does not recognize all edits based on removed masters? The check for errors option should find these issues right, and report an unresolved reference?

Im wondering because the CTD is so similar to a missing master. Perhaps tes5edit produces false negatives?

Edit: Redid the entire patch. Works now. 

Edited by MadWizard25

Hi Neo,

Question...

As per guide:

Cell > Block 2 > Sub-Block 8 > 000DBF12 MarasEyePond01 > Temporary > 00105C8CConflict Resolution: Use record from Relighting Skyrim.esp then move the DATA - Position/Rotation from Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp.Problem Resolved: Light edited by Relighting Skyrim needed to be moved due to added items from Alternate Start - Live Another Life.
Shouldn't we then go back to parent ID (000DBF12) and forward the "LTMP - Lighting Template" & "XCIM - Image Space" from ELE-Interior that is now conflicting?

Thanks!

In case you are going to add the new AOS "AOS2_DGDB_USKP Patch.esp" 

Compatibility patch for the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLCs and the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. Must be loaded after AOS, USKP, both DLCs but before the compatibility patch for the weather mod of your choice. Makes individual DLC and USKP patches obsolete.

to your mod list, one entry in your conflict resolution page has become superfluous:

Magic Effect 0010F7EF ShockDamageFFAimed75

Conflict Resolution: Use record from AOS.esp and move the DNAM - Magic Item Description from Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.
Problem Resolved: Description fix from unofficial patches was not properly forwarded.

Looks like you are right; it's still missing records compared to the old DLC patch.

ADDED:

0003DF19 LItemBanditBossCuirass

Conflict Resolution: Use record from OBIS.esp then move the added AMB items from aMidianborn_ContentAddon.esp and change the LLCT - Count to 4.
Problem Resolved: Leveled list conflict between Organized Bandits In Skyrim and aMidianBorn Book of Silence needed to be properly merged.

Something might have gone wrong when I installed the Content Addon. I only see 2 AMB items:

• ArmorIronBandedCuirassBrown_AMB "Banded Iron Armor - Brown Fur" [ARMO:5201A857]
  • ArmorSteelCuirassBWhite_AMB "Steel Armor with Pauldrons - White Fur" [ARMO:5201F9C3]

Add the one entry from OBIS and I end up with a LLCT count of 3. Did I miss an item?

Edited by thommaal
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no Idea how to type this question but if a mod doesn't forward a unofficial patch change does that mean that there is a blank spot in the last mod where there is info showing under the unofficial patch? I want to learn how to do conflict resolution and I hope someone is willing to help me out a lil

I have no Idea how to type this question but if a mod doesn't forward a unofficial patch change does that mean that there is a blank spot in the last mod where there is info showing under the unofficial patch?

Yes, that's usually true. For a few record types (like conditions) that can have multiple entries (vertically) you also need to check whether the unofficial patch change was forwarded but it is lower or higher within the same record type.  Note that sometimes (but not often) the mod author didn't forward the unofficial patch entry intentionally because of other changes made by the mod.

• 3 weeks later...

OBND Object Bounds for books

I saw the discussion a couple of pages back about small differences between Book Covers Skyrim and the Unofficial Patches and thought I would try to clear that up.

You are correct that there are a couple of text differences in BCS, mainly to do with the four books that are touched with the Even Better Quest Objectives mod. They are in BCS but not in USKP.

Doccdr did standardise book sizes within volume sets so that all books of a set are the same size and that will cause a few minor differences with the Unofficial Patches. I will be sending some suggestions to the UPP team shortly about this. I have inherited these changes from the early BCS versions.

As for the OBND changes, I have just found that there are actually plenty of them that are in error and some that were missing completely. UDBP did address the ones that were missing from Dragonborn but both UPP and I have implemented some of them incorrectly.

While looking at the Bookshelves Updated SKSE Script, I found a chance comment about the Book OBND data being inconsistent and I did find that there were two different OBND sets used for the standard books and the tall ones were also off. By going into the CK and selecting a test book and using "Recalc Bounds", I have found the preferred OBND set values.

I will be updating Book Covers Skyrim with all new and accurate OBND values for my next release (no timescale yet since I have just pushed 2.8.4 out yesterday) and then passing all these changes over to the relevant UPP teams as a group bug report. There are also some books flagged as Notes and some that have a Note pick up sound too that I will highlight for review.

For reference, here are the accurate OBND values (Journals and Notes were already correct)...

Large book : -11, -15, -3, 11, 14, 3

Standard book : -9, -11, -1, 9, 11, 1

Journal : -6, -9, 0, 6, 8, 1

Note : -8, -5, -, 8, 5, 0

I hope that helps?

It surely helps a lot!

Thanks Daniel for the detailed explanation!  ::):

EDIT: Daniel, I forgot to mention that in the legendary esp there is an inconsistency in: Book Covers Skyrim.esp Book 0703A4B2 <DLC2RRLetterDinyaHouse01> in FULL - Name & DESC - Book Text.
Reason for this is that the vanilla record falsely addresses Dreyla as Dinya (she is a priestess of the Temple of Mara in Riften), and by reading the relevant note you clearly see it is intended for Dreyla. You can also have a look at the NOTES section of UESP.
It would be nice if you can address this in your next update (forwarding the UDBP Book text and changing the FULL - Name to "Letter to Dreyla from Modyn".)   ::):

Thanks again!
Edited by Astakos

My conflict resolution was based off of those merges. And it worked until recently.Im wondering if there is a record edit that if bad, would cause the game to CTD similar to missing master.

Yes. A particularly insidious problem is that if your CR patch merges entries from two plugins and has an entry referencing a property such as a keyword, class or the like. This will all work fine when you first do it. The problem can come when any of the plugin involved gets updated. If the plugin with that property gets updated and the property you referenced in your CR patch is removed from the dependent plugin, then your CR patch will look fine in WB (all green), but when you load the game you will get an ILS with the emblem displaying just before the choice of whether to start a new game or lad a save, etc comes up.