Conflict Resolution

It surely helps a lot!

Thanks Daniel for the detailed explanation!  ::):

EDIT: Daniel, I forgot to mention that in the legendary esp there is an inconsistency in: Book Covers Skyrim.esp Book 0703A4B2 in FULL - Name & DESC - Book Text.
Reason for this is that the vanilla record falsely addresses Dreyla as Dinya (she is a priestess of the Temple of Mara in Riften), and by reading the relevant note you clearly see it is intended for Dreyla. You can also have a look at the NOTES section of UESP.
It would be nice if you can address this in your next update (forwarding the UDBP Book text and changing the FULL - Name to "Letter to Dreyla from Modyn".)   ::):

Thanks again!

You were quite right. I had also missed a text change to The Anticipations and one in Liminal Bridges. Those and the Letter to Dreyla will be in my next update along with improved OBND Book Bounds.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Hello Neo,

Looking one more time at the CR patch, I think that:

1. Cell Block 2 Sub-Block 7 0001522C <PurewaterRun01> needs to be added (forward the Record Flags & XCCM from USKP).

2. Weather 0300959F <SoulCairnAurora> is not needed any more as the latest version of ELFX-Dawnguard.esp addresses the conflict.

Can you pls have a look?

Thank you!  ::):

Hello Neo,Looking one more time at the CR patch, I think that:1. Cell Block 2 Sub-Block 7 0001522C needs to be added (forward the Record Flags & XCCM from USKP).2. Weather 0300959F is not needed any more as the latest version of ELFX-Dawnguard.esp addresses the conflict.Can you pls have a look?Thank you! ::):

By Ysmirs Beard! Just kidding... Will look tonight.

Edit: Updated.

Block 4 > Sub-Block 3 > 03005EAA DLC1RedwaterDen02 > Temporary > 030148D7

Conflict Resolution: Use record from ELFX - Exteriors.esp then move the Z position from Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp.

Problem Resolved: Floating candle fix from unofficial patches was not properly forwarded.

That's now in ELFX - Dawnguard.esp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Neo just redoing the CR without ELFX Exteriors edits (REGS compatibility etc.) and found this;

Block 2 > Sub-Block 4 > 00071FFE SolitudeJusticiarsHeadquarters > Temporary > 00015F44

Conflict Resolution: Use record from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp then move the XLRL - Location and DATA - Position/Rotation records from Cutting Room Floor.esp. Edit DATA - Flags to "10000101".
Problem Resolved: Changes from Cutting Room Floor and Enhanced Lights and FX needed to be merged.

There does not appear to be a DATA - Flags entry to edit unlike the previous entry, possible C&P error?

::):

Edited by Smile44
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Can I follow up on Smile's post above please?  I too have come across the issue he has raised but also, unlike him, in the previous entry i actually have no idea HOW to edit the Data flags to "10000101" according to the instructions below.  

Block 2 > Sub-Block 4 > 00071FFE SolitudeJusticiarsHeadquarters

Conflict Resolution: Use record from ELE-Interior Lighting Merged.esp then move the XLCN - Location and XOWN - Owner records from Cutting Room Floor.esp. Edit DATA - Flags to "10000101".
Problem Resolved: Changes from Cutting Room Floor and Enhanced Lighting for ENB needed to be merged.

Help me please?

This is what my "data flags" look like before I do anything to them, and I dont want to do anything to them till i actually understand what to do.

Posted Image 

Many thanks

Right click on the entry and you get options one of which is 100000101. Select it and you are golden. That instruction isn't clear but it is possible that Neo meant it to be so as he is trying to nudge us all to learn these tools better. Of course if he didn't intend that then yes the instruction is not clear as I spent a little time looking for answers before it occurred to me to try right clicking.

::):

• 2 weeks later...

0001392A ArmorElvenGildedCuirass

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp then move the Weight from Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp.

Problem Resolved: Object bound and armor mesh fixes from unofficial patches were not properly forwarded.

I'm finally attempting this CR and am not clear on the wording above:   Skyrim.esm, update.esm, USKP.esp, and Weapons and armor fixes remade.esp have weights as 4, 4, 4, 7.   The instructions say use record FROM USKP then move weight FROM Weapons and Armor fixes.  So am I copying the 4 from USKP to WAF or am I copying the 7 from WAF to USKP ?  

It seems most instructions use from and from.  Little tough for me to grasp this winner and loser conflict stuff even after watching some vids.   Thank you NEO for doing the legwork here but it's still not clear to me yet.    Thanks

Just so I have this straight... I reviewed the Basics of Resolving Conflicts STEP wiki and my step is to:

Copy the records for the 4  files Skyrim.esm Update.esm USKP.esp WAF.esp so they show up in the new SR Conflict Resolution.esp file I created.  So now there are 5 columns and I need to copy the record from USKP.esp to SR Conflict Resolution.esp and copy the Weight from WAF.esp to SR Conflict Resolution.esp ?