Conflict Resolution

I know you said to use your conflict resolution patch as a double-check, but I cheated and used it right out of the gate. I did a full top-down install of everything per the guide as of March 21st, with no checks in-between, and lo-and-behold, everything works slick as can be (based on really rough testing). With a mere GTX660 2GB card, I seem to be getting a solid 30fps in Solitude with Vividian enabled (minus DoF). That's just stellar, considering all the mods installed.

Point being - thank you very much for sharing your .esp. Huge huge huge help.

+1,

I have cheated as well and used your conflict res esp :)

Game is running beautifully, thx so much.

Just wanted to say thanks. I was so timid about tackling CR, but I recently started because I wanted to use SR:LE. I read the in depth newvegas guide and used your cr.esp as a base and started adding REGS to the mix. WOW...I mean don't get me wrong you definitely have to pay attention as well as have an understanding of what you want the outcome to be but all in all diving into editing is not as daunting as I thought. Now I'm sure I'll make some mistakes along the way but I'm already on to adding my own choices into the mix and looking at all the values and changes etc.

Just wanted to say thanks for prompting me to get off my butt. I encourage everyone else to as well. Having it predone is a timesaver but then you are always bound to someone else. Its worth taking the plunge.

• +1 2

Guys,

I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong and why it isn't efficient.

I have updated my previous (stable and running well) SR:LE profile except for TC I do not play with because of too many Khajit caravans crushed on the road.

As I was a bit lazy, I took the SR Conflict Resolution.esp Neo gave us earlier in this thread, install the proper TC version, run boss, and then TES5 to edit it.

I removed any edits using TC, sort masters and quit.

(In fact all the 0000003C list and the 00016BB4 edits.)

I removed TC, open TES again and add any missing edits not related to  TC , and edits with TC in "the conflicting module" section but NOT as the override base.

Sort masters again and quit.

After alternative start MCM configuration properly done, I choose the camping in the wood start.

Then I get unproper woodcutting animation, naked bandits, Infinite Loading when going outdoor.

Do I miss a step in the process with the SR conflict?

Or is it just not possible to proceed that way?

Edited by Malouz

Yes sorry not mentionning it but both have been made.

Waiting for any knowledge unlightement ^^, I have rebuild the CR Patch from scratch without TC edits and start playing with it without issue.

(Even started a new save with a uGrid at 11 so I guess it's pretty stable now. ^^)

I'm gonna compare both versions to understand what I miss.

Thanks.

Hi Neo,

CR guide says:

000B994E dunMossMotherValdrDaggerConflict Resolution: Use record from WeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.esp then move INAM - Impact Data Set from AOS.esp.Problem Resolved: Changes from Audio Overhaul for Skyrim, Guard Dialogue Overhaul, and Weapons and Armor Fixes needed to be merged.

NAM8-Equip Sound & NAM9-Unequip Sound from AOS.esp need to be forwarded as well.

0701CE02 DLC2BoundWeaponDaggerConflict Resolution: Use record from Dragonborn.esm.............0701CE03 DLC2BoundWeaponDaggerMysticConflict Resolution: Use record from Dragonborn.esm.............

Did you mean Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp?

Thanks!

Edited by Astakos

Is there a way to edit the premade .esp in order to delete some of its masters the I don't use(e.g. ELE)?

Don't know if there is a better way but here is how I did it:

I would recommend doing this one at a time for each mod you are removing:

• Backup the conflict resolution esp
  • Install the missing mod and activate the esp(s) and BOSS sort em
  • Run tes5edit and tick only the conflict resolution esp
  • Check the conflict resolution esp header and check if the mod you want to remove is listed under masters
  • Go through the conflict resolution tutorial and find each record in the conflict resolution esp that the missing mod's record is directly used (ie tutorial says use record from ELE or drag from ELE) and right click and select remove.  Now if there were multiple mods involved make a note of this record as you may need to come back and re-add this record after you have removed the mods you want to, if there is still a conflict.
  • When you think you have done enough right-click the conflict resolution esps and select clean masters.
  • If you have done enough you should be able to click on the headers record and see that the mod you want to remove is no longer listed you can then close tes5edit and save the conflict resolution esp. If it is still listed you have missed a record
  • uninstall the mod.
  • repeat as necessary for each mod your are not using
Edited by mscheetham

I have been building a custom conflict resolution patch based on the SR:LE one (downloaded). It was working great until recently. Now whenever I have the patch enabled, Skyrim will crash at the start screen. The dragon logo appears, but right before it starts spinning and the menu text should come up, the game CTDs.

I cant track down the error, I made too many edits to be sure which one it is. I tried creating versions of the patch where I deleted 1 group, such as Activators or Worldspace, etc. This didnt help. Which either means something wrong in 2 or more groups, or something else that I dont know about or is subtle.

If its an issue in 2 or more of the groups, Its way too hard to track down by process of elimination. The CTD type is indicative of a missing master, but as far as i can tell I have no missing masters, or unresolved references.

Would anybody have an idea how I broke my conflict resolution patch?

Edited by MadWizard25