Conflict Resolution

No, you can go though the whole conflict resolution in one chunk if you want to. I tend to take thing in small bites, like one section at a time, and then save so that if I screw up I only have to redo that section.

Hi Danimal,. and thanks. I was wondering about that as well, if I mess something up, is there an 'undo' so to speak?

I say that because after I make a few edits, they stop being populated under the ConflictResolution.esp. This is pretty confusing.

I am not sure what you mean by stop being populated. When you fire up TES5Edit all you ESPs that you use for a particular profile should be active. For the first edit you will have selected 'copy as override into..' and selected "new file" and in to box enter "SR Conflict Resolution". After that for all other edits when you select "copy as override into" you check the box to the left of "SR Conflict Resolution". You SHOULD run BOSS before running TES5Edit to make sure your mods are in the proper order. Here is Neo's first edit:

Block 0 > Sub-Block 1 > 000580A2 WhiterunJail02

Conflicting Module(s):

• Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp (Mod)
  • Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm (Mod)
  • EnhancedLightsandFX.esp (Mod)
  • ELE - Interior Lighting.esp (Mod)

Conflict Resolution: Use record from ELE - Interior Lighting.esp then move the XLCN - Location and XCMO - Music Type records from Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.

Problem Resolved: Fixes from unofficial patches were not properly forwarded.

What this means is to copy the FormID "000580A2" into the FormID box in the upper left of TES5Edit (type it in or simply cut and paste). For most conflicts this is the very right number. This will take you to the record in question. That will show all the conflicted mods that Neo lists in columns on the right pane (assuming you have those mods all installed). The "Use record from ELE - Interior Lighting.esp" means right-click on the name of that column  and select "copy as override into ...". A list of mods will appear. If you already created  a "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" select it. Now "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" will appear as a new column on the very right in the right-pane. The example above requires you to move two records from the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp". What this means is find the row named "XLCN - Location" in the column "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp". Then you left-click on that record and drag it all the way to the column "SR Conflict Resolution.esp". Do exactly the same thing for the "XCMO - Music Type" conflict. Now you could continue editing other conflicts. If you chose not to, a window of ESPs that were modified will appear. If you did things correctly that will only be ""SR Conflict Resolution.esp".". It should already be checked. Closing will save you changes. If you think you screwed up simply uncheck the box next to ""SR Conflict Resolution.esp" and you will not save anything. Then try again.

Hi Danimal,. and thanks. I was wondering about that as well, if I mess something up, is there an 'undo' so to speak?

There is a way to undo, but for a novice it may seem complicated. Let say you screwed to the conflict listed in my previous post, here is what you would do. In the left-pane find "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" and expand the "+" to show it records. Then expand cell, expand block 0, expand sub-block 1, and right click the record "000580A2" and select "remove". This will remove the record and "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" will no longer be listed if you search for FormId "000580A2". Now you can redo your edits. Before you exit TES5Edit on the left pane right-click on "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" and select "sort masters" and right-click again on "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" and select "clean masters". Then exit to save.

I am not sure what you mean by stop being populated. When you fire up TES5Edit all you ESPs that you use for a particular profile should be active. For the first edit you will have selected 'copy as override into..' and selected "new file" and in to box enter "SR Conflict Resolution". After that for all other edits when you select "copy as override into" you check the box to the left of "SR Conflict Resolution". You SHOULD run BOSS before running TES5Edit to make sure your mods are in the proper order. Here is Neo's first edit:

What this means is to copy the FormID "000580A2" into the FormID box in the upper left of TES5Edit (type it in or simply cut and paste). For most conflicts this is the very right number. This will take you to the record in question. That will show all the conflicted mods that Neo lists in columns on the right pane (assuming you have those mods all installed). The "Use record from ELE - Interior Lighting.esp" means right-click on the name of that column  and select "copy as override into ...". A list of mods will appear. If you already created  a "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" select it. Now "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" will appear as a new column on the very right in the right-pane. The example above requires you to move two records from the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp". What this means is find the row named "XLCN - Location" in the column "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp". Then you left-click on that record and drag it all the way to the column "SR Conflict Resolution.esp". Do exactly the same thing for the "XCMO - Music Type" conflict. Now you could continue editing other conflicts. If you chose not to, a window of ESPs that were modified will appear. If you did things correctly that will only be ""SR Conflict Resolution.esp".". It should already be checked. Closing will save you changes. If you think you screwed up simply uncheck the box next to ""SR Conflict Resolution.esp" and you will not save anything. Then try again.

Perfect explanation. +1 

Thanks again, I finished with the first lot, but this one has me stumped:

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp, right-click on the conditions bar and select add. Move the "MQ102" condition from Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp and overwrite the newly created condition slot(GetWantBlocking).

So when I ran into that I exited and only saw my ESP. So I guess I got the hang of the basics. Care to take a shot at explaining one like this? I right-clicked on the "Conditions" bar and selected "add" and nothing happened. The guide would lead me to believe that "(getwantblockin)" would appear. Halp.

Perfect explanation. +1 

Thanks again, I finished with the first lot, but this one has me stumped:

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp, right-click on the conditions bar and select add. Move the "MQ102" condition from Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp and overwrite the newly created condition slot(GetWantBlocking).

So when I ran into that I exited and only saw my ESP. So I guess I got the hang of the basics. Care to take a shot at explaining one like this? I right-clicked on the "Conditions" bar and selected "add" and nothing happened. The guide would lead me to believe that "(getwantblockin)" would appear. Halp.

I know the answer to this, as this at first stumped me too. To late for me now, bedtime. But if you search this very thread for my use name you will find the post where I ask the very same question and I believe it was Neovalen who answered it.

I think I got it. MonoAccipiter helped me out. The last part I am stuck in is finding the Orc Female fix parameters...

and change the "Female Behavior Graph">"Model">"MODL - Model Filename" to "ActorsCharacterDefaultFemale.hkx".

I found the Race > 00013747 OrcRace. But I can't seem to locate the "Female Behavior Graph" part. I'm on pause until then.

Short night, went out with some friends. Went ahead and skipped to the worldspace edits for ELE - Interior Lighting.esp and finished that up. Whats left to do:

ELE - Interior Lighting.esp Blocks 6 through 9

All other ELE modules. (smaller)

A lot of work, but worth it in the end.

Sorry I still haven't gotten to this guys... real life so busy and I'm literally falling asleep writing this one... soon I hope! Real life keeps kicking me. At least I got block 6 done... and I've done the preliminary block 7, 8, 9 run around in game just need to write it all down.

Hi Neo,

I can understand that you are quite hooked with writing up ELE CR & RL issues; but when you find the time can you have a look at the following UDBP conflicts (some of its recent version)

• Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Armor 0701961C <DLC2TT2EnchNelothsRing>
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Armor 07029093 <DLC2EnchArmorStalhrimLightBootsCarry03>  up to  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Armor 07029100 <DLC2EnchArmorStalhrimLightBootsMuffle> (conflict at FULL - Name with WAF)
  • Several Books with BCS (most of them is OBND - Object Bounds & some DESC - Book Text and one (Book 07027A13 <DLC2WE05Note>) on Data Type). I am sure that Daniel had a reason (especially after 2.8.3 update today), but I am just mentioning them for the sake of clarity. I do believe though that the ones with conflict at DESC - Book Text should be forwarded.

Thanks mate!

Hi Neo,

I can understand that you are quite hooked with writing up ELE CR & RL issues; but when you find the time can you have a look at the following UDBP conflicts (some of its recent version)

• Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Armor 0701961C
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Armor 07029093  up to  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Armor 07029100 (conflict at FULL - Name with WAF)
  • Several Books with BCS (most of them is OBND - Object Bounds & some DESC - Book Text and one (Book 07027A13 ) on Data Type). I am sure that Daniel had a reason (especially after 2.8.3 update today), but I am just mentioning them for the sake of clarity. I do believe though that the ones with conflict at DESC - Book Text should be forwarded.

Thanks mate!

1. I likely wouldn't forward the jewelry expensive keyword as it's not that expensive. I suspect forwarding the disallow enchanting might be a fix, Looks like it was:

"Neloth's Ring of Tracking (DLC2TT2EnchNelothsRing) should not be disenchantable. It was set to a template item when it should not have been. (Bug #14834)"

Therefore I will write something up for CR right now.

2. These are intentionally ignored by WAF. Note that in WAF the heavy armor set is "heavy stahlrim" and the normal set is just "stahlrim". USKP has a different take but the WAF is consistent with the rest of the sets.

3. I will leave these up to Daniel if he wants to forward them, if he finds them wanting I'm sure he will update. Mostly because I don't have time to take a closer look right now. He reads these comments so maybe he will chime in.

EDIT:

Neloth ring fix added.

0701961C DLC2TT2EnchNelothsRing

Conflicting Module(s):

• Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp (Mod)
  • Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp (Mod)

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp then move the MagicDisallowEnchanting keyword from Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp and add one to the KSIZ - Keyword Count. Remove the TNAM - Template Armor.

Problem Resolved: Fixes from unofficial patches were not properly forwarded.