Enhanced Distant Terrain (by SparrowPrince)

z929669

Z, is there a tester available for the comparison? Want to make sure that these posts are being caught and properly assigned. Might need to ressurect the MT discussion we had in admin about coordinating elements like this directly with the formal testing team.

Z' date=' is there a tester available for the comparison? Want to make sure that these posts are being caught and properly assigned. Might need to ressurect the MT discussion we had in admin about coordinating elements like this directly with the formal testing team.[/quote']

I placed a sticky in the MT forums ... so far, nobody's biting :dry:

I am in the process of getting my Skyrim configured from scratch after many months not playing ... I'll be able to do some testing soon as well.

If you have anywhere specific in mind please post here.

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2880&action=lastpost

It's a catch all that I'll be using so I don't have to check all of the individual threads. This will help as I'm doing the compares in the 15-30 minute breaks I'm taking from writing this screenplay and I'd much rather spend the time comparing the mods than finding the different threads.

• 5 months later...

HD Enhanced Terrain PRO is mutually exclusive (100% overlap) with Enhanced Distant Terrain 1.65

Previous version of HDET (Hd Enhanced Terrain and Map snow) at least had a highres snow texture...

noise.dds in both HEDT versions is more or less the same - PRO version has higher contrast

EDT noise.dds looks more or less like uniform noise of high amplitude, with different filters applied.

HDET noise.dds looks like plain, level background with numerous "patches" or "features".

I can't really tell which version would look better. Again, i think this requires some consideration, and one of the mods should be dropped, or appropriate note should be added.

• 1 year later...

The mod author has combined all his mods into one uber mod. STEP staff are looking at it to see what changes may need be made. Just keep using what you have for now if you have the mod working already.

I am in my first S.T.E.P. 2.2.9 Project install ... I just reached Enhanced Distant Terrain by SparrowPrince  and wondered if I should skip it? I can't see staying in a holding pattern.

Thank you! :cool:

[New member and new modder. FWIW!]

Edited by CloakedBreton

It's now apart of The Ruffled Feather. It's a all in one installer for SP's mods since he isn't around to maintain everything.

Thanks! Installing The Ruffled Feather - Mod Collection by SparrowPrince, now.

I wasn't saying holding pattern, CloakedBreton. I meant grab the merged mod. Just that at the time I didn't have the link to hand. :)

Understood. I didn'y mean to imply that you wanted me to sit on my hands!

I need a refresher on netiquette, AGAIN ... :turned: