rootsrat

RP chopping and mining

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18336/?

This looks pretty interesting:

This mod allows a player to mine and chop wood in a more realistic maner, by needing to spend time working. For a vanilla install it has only advantages and is intented for players using realism mods adding the need to eat, sleep, etc.

- Ore veins are infinite.

- In order to mine ore, click on it and push the wait button to advance time (or look at your screen for an hour, it'll work too).

- Your character is rewarded by a variable number of ore, depending on the metal

I don't know if the yield is configurable, I will look into this at home. Would be good if it was. 

Some may say that there is a potential for abuse (set it to max value and just wait to get lots of ore), but I'm of an oppinion that if you WANT to cheat you will cheat anyway. Just use console, right? 

Also, if you have a hardcore realism mod installed and set the wait timer to max, you'll die mining for iron ore.

The only issue I see with this is new prices that may conflict with other mods. To be yet tested.

::EDIT::

Other mods that also change the scripts included in this mod are:

- Ars Metallica

- SkyRe

- USKP

Do you guys think it will be safe to use this mod?

Just off the top of my head, USKP fixes entering the mining animation while sneaking (the player would get stuck sneaking I believe), Ars metallica includes that fix of course, but also adds a little bit of smithing xp when the player mines ore.

I have no idea what SkyRe does to it, I have never used it. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mousetick
      Discussion topic:
      I'm Walkin' Here by Fudgyduff
      Wiki Link
      SKSE plugin with customizable JSON configuration.
      QOL: Disables collision between player and NPCs so that they don't push the player or block narrow passages.
      The description on the Nexus mod page is very short and rather vague:
      What this does exactly is disabling collision so the NPCs are no longer solid: they can walk through the player and vice-versa. They'll still get in your face while you're in a conversation, or clump together stuck in passageways. So it's not perfect, but it's much better than vanilla.
      The following NPCs and situations are addressed:
      Disables collision while the player is in dialogue. Disables collision between the player and their allies. Disables collision between the player and their summons. Disables collision between the player and their allies' summons. Each of the above can be turned on or off via configuration settings (all ON by default).
    • By DoubleYou
      Discussion topic:
      QUI by Qudix
      Wiki Link
      I'm assuming Qudix will drop the Alpha from the title at some point. I have pre-emptively done so for this topic title. This mod adds various UI fixes and tweaks:
      AddItemMenu alternative (basically an explorer of the items for your list of plugins that can be then added to your inventory if desired if I understand it right) Stay at the System Page fix The ability to add/remove buttons from the main menu Remove the Creation Club banner.
    • By z929669
      Discussion topic:
      Stay At The System Page - AE by Magus80Mods
      Wiki Link
      Alternative to Fudgyduff's version that seems will never be updated.