Omolong

Dawnguard Rewritten Arvak - Convenient Alsvid Patch by cmdo

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36322/?

I saw Vond post this over in a Skyrim Revisited thread, and I noticed that there wasn't a thread for it here, so I thought I'd post it.

I tested this ingame, and didn't experience any issues, and the records in the esp don't conflict with anything, and the model included makes it so that it has all the same effects as the Dawnguard Revisisted Arvak, just with the Flame Atronach version.

The only "problem" with it is that it's not currently included in BOSS. Can load anywhere after Convenient Horses.esp from looks of things.

There's also a version for use with Footstep Overhaul

The only "problem" with it is that it's not currently included in BOSS. Can load anywhere after Convenient Horses.esp from looks of things.

And that problem is solved - I just added it into the masterlist.

Is this still being considered for the next update or something? I haven't experienced any issues with it, and it's a nice little immersion thing between the two mods.

The horse for Serana in Convenient Horses is already fire and everything. All this mod does it make it so that it uses the models and textures already provided in Dawnguard Rewrriten - Arvak. Which will work no matter what version of that mod you install, as all versions install all of the textures.

Then it is an issue of convenient horses. Nonetheless: vampires are susceptible to fire damage, so why sit on a horse covered in blazing flames?

Maybe they're like reptiles and need a heat source to help them metabolize in this caseblood and flaming horses increase circulation with a proper saddle...

Posted by torminater - Today 05:05 PM

Then it is an issue of convenient horses. Nonetheless: vampires are susceptible to fire damage, so why sit on a horse covered in blazing flames?

Because then you are more badass then the rest of the supernatural entities around you! :) 

What better way to show your dominance than sitting on a horse that will incinerate your underlings should they fall out of line? :)

Too bad that you have a weakness against fire as vampire lord as well. Also serana keeps her head covered when it is sunny outside, and complains every 10 seconds about it. Her underlings charge through the cities at midday massacring townpeople without sth to cover their head... Sry that argument doesn't do it for me.

There are many things about elder scrolls vampirism that make no sense at all tbh. :)

Well, maybe the fire is magically made inert in the horse.. would also explain why you don't get burned riding Arvak.