General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Thank you Vond!

Wrye Bash is offering to merge 6 patches for me. If I select merge patch when I build my Bashed Patch will it create a new patch and I can then deactivate the six merged ones for a net gain of 5 ESP slots?

It merges those files into the bashed patch, so if you already used that you'll even save six, not five. So yes, you can deactivate them after (WB will show a + icon for files that are deactivated but merged)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hello, I have a question about ENB, from what I understand it is very demanding hardware wise, my processor isn't that young anymore, but as I said before, my graphics card is a Geforce GTX 580, probably 1gb of vram, but I am not sure. Is it ok to use the RealVision ENB preset or should I tweak it/use another?

Thank you Vond!

Wrye Bash is offering to merge 6 patches for me. If I select merge patch when I build my Bashed Patch will it create a new patch and I can then deactivate the six merged ones for a net gain of 5 ESP slots?

It merges those files into the bashed patch, so if you already used that you'll even save six, not five. So yes, you can deactivate them after (WB will show a + icon for files that are deactivated but merged)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Is there any reason not to do this? I've often wondered why Neo chooses not to in baseline SR.

Posted by Superpat - Today 03:18 PM

Hello, I have a question about ENB, from what I understand it is very demanding hardware wise, my processor isn't that young anymore, but as I said before, my graphics card is a Geforce GTX 580, probably 1gb of vram, but I am not sure. Is it ok to use the RealVision ENB preset or should I tweak it/use another?

You should be able to run it with decent performance. You might need to tweak certain things, but that is already covered in the ENB specific threads on this forum. 

I can't get AV to run under SUM any more. It runs fine standalone, but under SUM, it grinds to a halt during processing of AV.  I've tried increasing the memory allocation as far as I can (1,250mb) but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I really want to be using SUM because I've hit the active .esp limit, and the merged patch is an obvious way to reduce my .esp count!

Any ideas?

I can't get AV to run under SUM any more. It runs fine standalone, but under SUM, it grinds to a halt during processing of AV.  I've tried increasing the memory allocation as far as I can (1,250mb) but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I really want to be using SUM because I've hit the active .esp limit, and the merged patch is an obvious way to reduce my .esp count!

Any ideas?

Try deleting the consistency file under my docs/my games/skyrim/skyproc? Also put your mem allocation back to 750 default, increasing it CAN cause problems.

It is supposed to overwrite them, which I always forget when either the CK updates or I have to do a verify :P

MO is awesome for that though, I just keep the scripts in a SKSE folder that is loaded at the very top of my mod list and so they will always override the CK's scripts while keeping it clean.

I use the Blacksmithforge water fix mods from RolloDG, and one thing I've noticed about its vanilla version plugin in TES5Edit is that it's missing the Record Flags- Compressed headers. I'm wondering if that's a sign of a potential issue?

Was moving mods and ModOrg to another drive and lost mod priority, can someone send me:

ModOrganizer\profiles\Skyrim Revisited\modlist.txt file, nvm if you have other mods installed, still will be better than sorting all from start.

Was moving mods and ModOrg to another drive and lost mod priority, can someone send me:

ModOrganizer\profiles\Skyrim Revisited\modlist.txt file, nvm if you have other mods installed, still will be better than sorting all from start.

This is from Thursday evening, I updated at home through yesterday's updates but I had to come downtown this morning for the Soldier Field 10mi run and came into the office, but it's 99% of the list. Off to the races~

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9536481/modlist.txt