General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

I wasn't sure where to post this since I am not looking for troubleshooting help, nor suggesting a mod, rather just inquiring for information. But... one of my favorite things in Skyrim is role-playing... obviously a lot of people I am sure share that same trait. And I like to take my character out to earn some extra gold by hunting and killing local wildlife to haul back to town and sell to the town merchants. Does SR (and even STEP for that matter, but I am following the SR guide currently and about halfway through) have any mods in it that either enhance hunting or increase the value of pelt and fur spoils of a kill so I can take my trophy game back to town and reap the benefits of my marksmanship and hard work? :)

I was just curious. I looked through all the mods and nothing really stuck out to me about this subject. Is this something I should put in the suggestions thread?

I wasn't sure where to post this since I am not looking for troubleshooting help, nor suggesting a mod, rather just inquiring for information. But... one of my favorite things in Skyrim is role-playing... obviously a lot of people I am sure share that same trait. And I like to take my character out to earn some extra gold by hunting and killing local wildlife to haul back to town and sell to the town merchants. Does SR (and even STEP for that matter, but I am following the SR guide currently and about halfway through) have any mods in it that either enhance hunting or increase the value of pelt and fur spoils of a kill so I can take my trophy game back to town and reap the benefits of my marksmanship and hard work? :)

I was just curious. I looked through all the mods and nothing really stuck out to me about this subject. Is this something I should put in the suggestions thread?

I'm currently looking at hunterborn for an immersive hunting/skinning mod. v1.1 is not out of beta just yet though.

Imp helm esp is from Improved Close faced Helmets. Guessing you didn't install one of the modules.

Snap, my bad, you are correct, it comes from the full face no cloth around neck option, which I missed.

Thanks!

BD

Guys, need a bit more help.. drawing\sheathing animation.

It doesnt look that any of them are working -

- with one-handed sword: sword on the back, but animation like its on a hip

- with 2 swords: both on a back, but animation also like its only one and on a hip

- arrows are drawed from vanilla position of the quiver

and so on...

I was installing all animation mods strict to the guideline and dont think that i have messed smth with Fnis. Any advice is higly appreciated. I think the problem is with Immersive animations, but i have no ideas why its not working. It's installed properly, nothing ovverides the files with drawing\sheathing animations....

It doesn't need to be manual - either the default or the integrated FOMOD installer does not do the job right but the other one does. So just tick (or untick) the box for that at the top of MO and try to install it again and see if that works.

reinstalled it manually. no help. animations dont work.... dagger, one handed sword, dual swords, one handed sword+shield, dual maces, dual axes, arrow draw... all are vanilla

have absolutely no idea what im doing wrong. attaching screenshots of immersive animations conflicts, filetree, and animations section of mod manager.... hope it may help

Pictures.7z

ok, it works. reinstalled with default fomod... now only arrow thing still doesnt seem to be correct. actually im not sure- is there any mod which makes an animation for drawing an arrow from the hip?

ok, it works. reinstalled with default fomod... now only arrow thing still doesnt seem to be correct. actually im not sure- is there any mod which makes an animation for drawing an arrow from the hip?

Xp32 skeleton should include the draw arrow anim. It did in previous versions. Will dbl check tonight.

while testing found one strange thing - follower hp does not restore... is that intended? Which mod may affect that?

lol, got healing hands to proceed... the follower is staggered when i heal him... so weird

ok' date=' it works. reinstalled with default fomod... now only arrow thing still doesnt seem to be correct. actually im not sure- is there any mod which makes an animation for drawing an arrow from the hip?[/quote']

Xp32 skeleton should include the draw arrow anim. It did in previous versions. Will dbl check tonight.

doesn't contain now

while testing found one strange thing - follower hp does not restore... is that intended? Which mod may affect that?

EFF has the option to make followers default, protected, or essential. Protected/Essential followers always regen heath. For some followers that can die in vanilla they do not regen health (I.e. the female warrior in the bannered mare), if you want them to regen set them protected/essential. Details on each follower can be found on UESP.