General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Hi, I am installing the symphony of Skyrim part and I am confused, are sounds of skyrim esp's supposed to be before the unofficial patches in the load order? Because BOSS puts them between SPIKE.esm and Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Hi' date=' I am installing the symphony of Skyrim part and I am confused, are sounds of skyrim esp's supposed to be before the unofficial patches in the load order? Because BOSS puts them between SPIKE.esm and Unofficial Skyrim Patch[/quote']

Nope they shouldn't be there. Are you installing the crashfix options for SoS? You should use the normal main files and not the crashfixes unless you DO get crashing from SoS. Either that or your BOSS list is screwy.

Anyone here finding their MCM section in game is missing mods? Frostfall's MCM doesn't show up for me consistently despite having ample time to load, no idea why.

Only issue I've had is the mcm for a mod remaining blank. Exiting menu and coming back fixed it though.

while testing found one strange thing - follower hp does not restore... is that intended? Which mod may affect that?

EFF has the option to make followers default, protected, or essential. Protected/Essential followers always regen heath. For some followers that can die in vanilla they do not regen health (I.e. the female warrior in the bannered mare), if you want them to regen set them protected/essential. Details on each follower can be found on UESP.

I was curious about this and Deadly Dragons. Deadly Dragons has an option that sets quest NPCs, followers and some others to essential.

I'd like to have quest givers and important NPCs as essential so I don't miss out on anything, but I don't really mind losing non-quest giver followers. Think it would work to activate the Deadly Dragons essential setting and then set individual followers as protected with Extended Follower Framework?

Glowing weapon/light: ENB related. I believe it's a side effect of SSAO (Aiyen correct me if I'm wrong)

I *think* the horizon thing is from CoT and is intentional. Anyone got an opinion?

--------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, now I have a question/problem. I seem to be pretty stable running around the game, except for that damned road just outside Riverwood... any ideas? VRAM is only 2500 and so is RAM, was the first thing I checked. Usually a freeze not a CTD. Papyrus log is squeaky clean.

Edit: Using google search I am not alone... even unmodded the area can cause bad CTD.

Edit2: Go figure, re-enabling ENB (which I disabled for added fps during testing) fixes the issue. Guess there is something to that "crash fix" Boris goes on about ;)

I quite agree there is something HORRIBLY buggy about THAT DAMNED road. In fact it was so buggy it is where I would check for stability lmao because if I could get through there then I could get through just about anything. There were several spots in particular that had the most problems. The road also as you said never made me CTD just a freeze which I consider worse if not using Borderless Window as I have to log off Windows since task manager won't show up during a freeze without it.

Alright this question is going to bug the hell out of me so I think I should make a thread. While testing some seam and weird fire glitches that showed up more prominently with an ENB (to where I actually posted for feedback on them) I noticed what a disparity there was between VRAM and RAM usage between Vanilla (Optimized HRDLC, USKP, UHRP + ENB) and Fully Modded (Skyrim Revisited + Extras and ENB). I used Vanilla to determine if it was a mod causing the issue either through effects or textures which wasn't the case.

Anyone else here interested in helping me figure out what mods are causing the most RAM bloat (thereby contributing to the 3GB Crash)? If so I'll make a thread in the main S.T.E.P. forums.

Anyone else here interested in helping me figure out what mods are causing the most RAM bloat (thereby contributing to the 3GB Crash)? If so I'll make a thread in the main S.T.E.P. forums.

This has already been attempted phazer11. The problem as I also wrote in the other thread is that you cannot just compare script mods memory use like you can with textures. Textures are a fixed number that is the same for all. 

Script mods are dynamic and change their use depending on what happens ingame. So it might not be because they cause bloat, they just perform as they are written and hence require so and so much memory to do it. 

Bloat by scripts are normally a result of scripts not getting cleaned properly after having been executed. This could have happened for any number of reasons. 

However most of these are normally cleaned when changing from interior to exterior, or to a city. At least they should be. 

So at the end of the day the easiest thing to do is to just lower the amount of memory that textures take up to make sure that all the script mods have what they need. 

Quick question:

Under SkyTest Realistic Animals, and forwarding changes from various DLC's section.

It says:

Right-click the "LLCT - Count" record in SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp and select "Edit".

Add one to the value and click [OK].

Okay, am I supposed to turn the value into a "1".  Or am I supposed to actually add 1 to the value already there.  For example, the value was 4, now add 1, so change the value to a "5"?

Changing it from 4 to either 1 or 5 both turn the record from green to red. Just putting that out there too.

Alright' i've installed all the mods in the guides up to werewolf mastery except the ones pertaining to automatic variants and dual sheath redux, that if I understand correctly I must install later on. My question is, if I want to install the basic guide to installing skyre and Asis as well, should I finish completely configurating Skyrim Revisited or should I follow the guide to install skyre and asis and THEN finish configurating Skyrim Revisited?

Alright' i've installed all the mods in the guides up to werewolf mastery except the ones pertaining to automatic variants and dual sheath redux' date=' that if I understand correctly I must install later on. My question is, if I want to install the basic guide to installing skyre and Asis as well, should I finish completely configurating Skyrim Revisited or should I follow the guide to install skyre and asis and THEN finish configurating Skyrim Revisited?[/quote']

I would personally not recommend you to go for SkyRe unless you really must have to.

It might end up giving you some unwanted headache. :)

SkyRe EncounterZones is standalone and pretty cool to have though.