General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Can't get DSR to patch, whether through SUM or on its own: patcher opens and fails just about immediately as soon as it starts import, giving an exception message about Java heap space.

[OPEN DEBUG FILE] Opening Debug File
[2] [EXCEPTION] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(Unknown Source)
at lev.LInChannel.extract(LInChannel.java:199)
at skyproc.Consistency$ConsistencyV2.importHeader(Consistency.java:427)
at skyproc.Consistency$ConsistencyV2.importConsistency(Consistency.java:341)
at skyproc.Consistency$ConsistencyV3.upgrade(Consistency.java:536)
at skyproc.Consistency$ConsistencyV3.importConsistency(Consistency.java:504)
at skyproc.Consistency.importConsistency(Consistency.java:104)
at skyproc.SPImporter.importMod(SPImporter.java:510)
at skyproc.SPImporter.importMods(SPImporter.java:447)
at skyproc.SPImporter.importActiveMods(SPImporter.java:305)
at skyproc.gui.SUMGUI$ProcessingThread.run(SUMGUI.java:924)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[3] [SUM] Exit requested.
[4] [DEBUG] Closing Debug File. Time was: 36257

I've tried allocating more memory, running with default memory allocation, reducing the number of mods it usually has to import by combining SR patches and a mod or two, making sure no permissions are at fault; only thing I've left to try is to pare down the number of mods DSR goes through to only the armor mods it's supposed to affect, but I doubt that is going to help. What can I do? Everything has worked so far until this point, and I've not been able to play for weeks now firefighting all these issues in my install.

I'm not sure that it will help, but try to delete skyproc folder in your documents and settings\my games\skyrim\

before running SUM

Deleting the skyproc folder in \My Games and \overwrite got it working. Thanks a bunch Iroha! I'm puzzled as to why that was the issue however' date=' but am willing to admit my derpiness.[/quote']

Thanks.  I had a weird AV/SUM error - it was throwing off an error but seemed to complete OK.  Doing this allowed me to run it without generating the error (at least it did the 1st time I tried it!)

I don't understand the Borderless Window installation. The readme says to copy the data to Skyrim directory. What about the src directory? MO could install the data sub-folder with the SKSE stuff but it can't handle the src folder.  Do you just install the Data-SKSE stuff and forget abut the src folder?  (What's it supposed to do?)

Same for the DCF install.

I'm going to imagine this has something to do with DSR and the various animation mods we have gong but I just noticed something for the first time after going back to my sword and shield character. It's setup to the guide as instructed, however my Nord's shield when sheathed disappears completely and the sword is on his hip.

The fun bit is I started running and noticed I was standing on something and sure enough once I got on flat ground I found the shield...it's my Nord's new skateboard!

Any idea what needs to be tweaked or redone to get the shield properly on his back again? I will note the sword is on his hip and he is properly drawing from the hip (though there is no sheathe, not sure if thats intended or not when it's on his hip).

Posted Image

I'm going to imagine this has something to do with DSR and the various animation mods we have gong but I just noticed something for the first time after going back to my sword and shield character. It's setup to the guide as instructed, however my Nord's shield when sheathed disappears completely and the sword is on his hip.

The fun bit is I started running and noticed I was standing on something and sure enough once I got on flat ground I found the shield...it's my Nord's new skateboard!

Any idea what needs to be tweaked or redone to get the shield properly on his back again? I will note the sword is on his hip and he is properly drawing from the hip (though there is no sheathe, not sure if thats intended or not when it's on his hip).

Posted Image

I had this happen when I installed the lastest XP32 skeleton. I ended up redoing XP32, DSR, and Immersive Animations. That fixed it, but I am not sure which one since I redid all and then checked the result.

Hello, I have started downloading the mods necessary for this, but I am afraid of all the texture mods making my computer explode, I have a geforce gtx 580, but I cannot remember the amount of Vram unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I guess downloading the 1024 instead of the 2048 versions should be ok without to much graphical quality loss?

I had a general question about adding and removing mods. I successfully got Skyrim Revisited running, and now I've got Irohe's Skyre + etc up and running. What exactly is the procedure for adding mods/patches/fixes/edits to Skyrim Revisited and Irohe's extras? Do I need to start a new game, or is it alright to just make the changes, redo the bash, SUM, FNIS patches and continue with my current save?

Superpat: You are fine with 1k texture on that card.

Cov: If you changed any amount of .esp and/or .esm the best action is to start a new game. If you just added new stuff then you can get away with updating an existing save though.

What values doI need to change in the .ini files to duplicate this effect?

"Check the "Windowed Mode" check box."

I don't really want to have to go back and start all over with building new ini files if I can avoid it.

bFull Screen=0 in skyrimprefs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2