General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Sometimes conflicts can be nothing to worry about, but it is good practice to remove a many as possible so that by the time you reach the end of your installation there are as few as possible. It is just a good way to reduce crashes and freezes related to conflicts. Small headache setting it all up so you don't have lots of big headaches trouble shooting.

And just a general comment, as you're new to Skyrim Revisited. Due to the nature of the updates that are made, near daily, plan on spending a lot of time making edits and installing/uninstalling mods. If you were using STEP prior, this is a huge depature from the installation and maintenance of how the STEP team has set things up.

It's just good to know what you're getting yourself into when taking on Neovalen's great work with SR, it's a much more demanding and time-intensive process to keep the game up to date and make the necessary edits. Ultimately, imho it creates the best Skyrim experience there is - and should have been what the devs strived for.

Regardless, you will learn a lot about editing and such as you stick with it and get used to going through Neo's varied updates. Hang in there and you can always ask questions, there's a great community here who is always willing to lend a helping hand!

Sometimes conflicts can be nothing to worry about, but it is good practice to remove a many as possible so that by the time you reach the end of your installation there are as few as possible. It is just a good way to reduce crashes and freezes related to conflicts. Small headache setting it all up so you don't have lots of big headaches trouble shooting.

And just a general comment, as you're new to Skyrim Revisited. Due to the nature of the updates that are made, near daily, plan on spending a lot of time making edits and installing/uninstalling mods. If you were using STEP prior, this is a huge depature from the installation and maintenance of how the STEP team has set things up.

It's just good to know what you're getting yourself into when taking on Neovalen's great work with SR, it's a much more demanding and time-intensive process to keep the game up to date and make the necessary edits. Ultimately, imho it creates the best Skyrim experience there is - and should have been what the devs strived for.

Regardless, you will learn a lot about editing and such as you stick with it and get used to going through Neo's varied updates. Hang in there and you can always ask questions, there's a great community here who is always willing to lend a helping hand!

Thank you both for the great advice and thank you Solist for being so patient with me :)

And a very special thank you to Neo for the awesome guide!

Hailey :)

Totally stumped on this one guys. See attached image. Just recently everything has become super bright. I have narrowed it down to not being ENB as I have disabled it and it does get a little better but no where close to normal. It started happening shortly after using night vision. Full SR install with the SkyRE and ASIS guide added on top as well.

Any advice on figuring this one out is appreciated!

Thanks.

**NOTE: This seems to be only affecting my most recent autosave. Older saves are not affected. Bad thing is I only have one autosave and older saves are like 15+ hours of gameplay earlier. :-/

post-1237-13934818417487_thumb.jpg

I thought I'd post here as it is an issue with the latest update to xp32 and SR I know one other person has had the problem.

My thread (in which I'm still experiencing freezing regardless of texture mods) the last few posts describe the issue.

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2497&pid=36667#pid36667

The pre-release thread in which FCqt is also having the issue.

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1392&pid=36689#pid36689

I thought I'd post here as it is an issue with the latest update to xp32 and SR I know one other person has had the problem.

My thread (in which I'm still experiencing freezing regardless of texture mods) the last few posts describe the issue.

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2497&pid=36667#pid36667

The pre-release thread in which FCqt is also having the issue.

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1392&pid=36689#pid36689

It's not just FCqt - look a bit further back on the pre-release thread, several other people have mentioned this since the update to xp32.

Hi Neo &c, I have a question about my understanding (or more likely, lack of understanding) of the General Patch.

In the guide, General Patch.esp is created with one Worldspace entries from Dragonborn.esm and one Worldspace subentry underneath that from Dawnguard.esm. After that, General Patch.esp is never modified by any later instructions in the guide, so this is the final state of General Patch.esp. For later patches where fixes from DLC or Unofficial Patches are created, you generally advise us to copy the changes directly into the original mod from the DLC/UOP. Chronologically in the guide, the first two examples are Atlas Map Markers and Better Dynamic Snow.

Is my interpretation of these instructions correct? Is the reason for the Worldspace edits in General Patch.esp being distinct from the other edits that you copy into individual mods just that there are too many other mods that skipped over those Worldspace changes? Would it be more efficient to merge some of the other DLC/UOP changes (that a lot of individual mods seem to be omitting) into the General Patch as well?

@aeanea - that's my understanding. Neo has been musing recently about changing to a set of general patch like patches. See"The Future of Patching" thread. It would save ESPs and maybe upfront time when first installing SR, but would make maintanence and updating considerably more time consuming.

Can't get DSR to patch, whether through SUM or on its own: patcher opens and fails just about immediately as soon as it starts import, giving an exception message about Java heap space.

[OPEN DEBUG FILE]  Opening Debug File
[2]                                  [EXCEPTION]  java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(Unknown Source)
	at lev.LInChannel.extract(LInChannel.java:199)
	at skyproc.Consistency$ConsistencyV2.importHeader(Consistency.java:427)
	at skyproc.Consistency$ConsistencyV2.importConsistency(Consistency.java:341)
	at skyproc.Consistency$ConsistencyV3.upgrade(Consistency.java:536)
	at skyproc.Consistency$ConsistencyV3.importConsistency(Consistency.java:504)
	at skyproc.Consistency.importConsistency(Consistency.java:104)
	at skyproc.SPImporter.importMod(SPImporter.java:510)
	at skyproc.SPImporter.importMods(SPImporter.java:447)
	at skyproc.SPImporter.importActiveMods(SPImporter.java:305)
	at skyproc.gui.SUMGUI$ProcessingThread.run(SUMGUI.java:924)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[3]                                        [SUM]  Exit requested.
[4]                                      [DEBUG]  Closing Debug File.  Time was: 36257

I've tried allocating more memory, running with default memory allocation, reducing the number of mods it usually has to import by combining SR patches and a mod or two, making sure no permissions are at fault; only thing I've left to try is to pare down the number of mods DSR goes through to only the armor mods it's supposed to affect, but I doubt that is going to help. What can I do? Everything has worked so far until this point, and I've not been able to play for weeks now firefighting all these issues in my install.