General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Ok, I managed to configure Skyrim Revisited, but when I start the game, it says dual sheath redux.esp is not activated while it clearly is. Nonetheless, the game lets me continue everything goes fine, except whenever I go outside, for example, in the illegal border crossing start, the game ctd's. I disabled the ENB, but while the game is much more fluid, it still crashes, I made sure to always install the lower resolution texture mods, is there any way to prevent the crashing?

Ok' date=' I managed to configure Skyrim Revisited, but when I start the game, it says dual sheath redux.esp is not activated while it clearly is. Nonetheless, the game lets me continue everything goes fine, except whenever I go outside, for example, in the illegal border crossing start, the game ctd's. I disabled the ENB, but while the game is much more fluid, it still crashes, I made sure to always install the lower resolution texture mods, is there any way to prevent the crashing?[/quote']

It is trying to tell you that the Duel Sheath Redux Patch.esp is not activated (or SUM.esp with it included). As for the CTD, first you need to find the cause. What is your RAM usage like?

I ran SUM and it worked fine for automatic variants, I booted it from inside the av folder and created the av patch, afterwards I launched the Dual Sheath Redux one and while nothing appeared in the sum interface that I could check, it did create a Duel Sheath Redux Patch.esp. When I start the patcher from the mod organiser, I again see no options. Did I miss a step? As for my ram usage, I did not check, how do I do that?

I was running SUM from outside the mod organiser, so I installed it through the mod organiser and then added the exe to my list of mods but it doesn't boot. The mod organiser goes on hold for a minute and then it refreshes and the sum hasnt booted

Create SkyProc Patchers folder in Overwrite folder of MO and copy all your patchers there, retaining folder structure (SkyProc Patchers\Sum, SkyProc Patchers\Automatic Variants and so on). Then change you executable in MO to reflect the change and re-run it.

Install SUM like you would any other mod through Mod Organizer (MO). Once installed, click the 'data' tab in the right pane of MO and scroll down until you see "SkyProc Patches". Expand SkyProc Patches and SUM under that. Right click on "SUM.jar" and select "add as executable". Make sure you have to current version of JAVA. Select SUM and click run. That should work.

Well not like all the MCM menus are missing-- just some of them. It's aggravating. I'm starting my game from a immediately post Helgen save-- did the Helgen intro with nothing but Vanilla Skyrim, consoled my character her previous appearance and progress from the last test game, then added the whole set of SR mods and extras. Would that affect anything? Should I start posting load order here?

Install SUM like you would any other mod through Mod Organizer (MO). Once installed' date=' click the 'data' tab in the right pane of MO and scroll down until you see "SkyProc Patches". Expand SkyProc Patches and SUM under that. Right click on "SUM.jar" and select "add as executable". Make sure you have to current version of JAVA. Select SUM and click run. That should work.[/quote']

Nope, still same error message