General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

If you want to know which mod adds something you can open the console and click on it. You will then see a number which is the items form id. The first two characters of the form id identify which mod the item comes from' date=' it corresponds with the id you can see in your esp load order in Mod Organizer.[/quote']

Thanks' date=' that is useful information, I will have to give it a try.

[/quote']

That could very likely mean you forgot to Edit the LLCT-Count value and just draged the LL entry, as that will cause a crash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Would like to thank and recognize Neovalen for offering a casual user the opportunity to have a gaming experience that matches someone of his credentials. I would also applaud anyone that has helped him out as well. You guys have developed what I missed most about gaming. The community! Thanks.....

Getting on to my post...

I had a few random questions while going through this guide. I'm new to modding and only have been working with these tools for maybe a month or so. 

1. Neovalen had me set up the Creation Kit. Though while going through the guide I do not see any mod or portion that says to use it to make changes. Is the CK something extra that is not required for the SR? Or is it for the modder making alterations to mods?

2. How should the guide be gone through? Should the user download all mods and then install them. Then complete all Tes5Edits or can the edits be completed as the mods are installed? This is my second time going through the guide. The first time all user patches were created with already installed mods, but the second time he added SkytestanimalandPredators and it has conflicts with Ars Metallica which is not installed yet. 

3. There are mods that have updates to them that are not NMM compatible. An example would be UNP Dimonized 1.2 Base(which is installed by MO) then the update of 1.51 which can not. I have looked via google, MO wiki, and watched some Youtube videos, but could not find where to place these files to manually overwrite. I'm assuming they do not follow the read me in the update because that would alter the vanilla skyrim directory. I have been having trouble getting the mature skin texture and unp to work properly. I'm guessing this is because I'm not installing the 1.51 update properly.

Thanks again to all and I appreciate in advance all feedback 

Have a great day!

Hmmm seems I was mistaken... had the problem with SkyTEST earlier... so this time I tried to start the game up after each tes edit section to verify that the game could start into the main menu.... when I get the patch done then it CTD... if I remove the patch and then try to start up again then it still CTD at menu.

Guess I can try to just hardcode that patch change into the .esp instead of making the patch...

1. Neovalen had me set up the Creation Kit. Though while going through the guide I do not see any mod or portion that says to use it to make changes. Is the CK something extra that is not required for the SR? Or is it for the modder making alterations to mods?

I believe it was used in a mod that has subsequently been removed or corrected by the mod author.

2. How should the guide be gone through? Should the user download all mods and then install them. Then complete all Tes5Edits or can the edits be completed as the mods are installed? This is my second time going through the guide. The first time all user patches were created with already installed mods, but the second time he added SkytestanimalandPredators and it has conflicts with Ars Metallica which is not installed yet. 

I did it from top to bottom - but for that one just leave yourself a note to come back to the patch when you get to Ars Metallica, or you could just install Ars Metallica early.

Given the modular nature of MO it doesn't really matter too much what order you do things in - you can just activate and deactivate mods, but it's probably easiest to go top to bottom to make sure you don;t skip anything.

Also - I would strongly recommend you load up the game every few mods (especially ones you are editing) to make sure it works and you didn't make a mistake.  It's easier to isolate the locations a mistake among a few mods than among a few hundred.

3. There are mods that have updates to them that are not NMM compatible. An example would be UNP Dimonized 1.2 Base(which is installed by MO) then the update of 1.51 which can not. I have looked via google, MO wiki, and watched some Youtube videos, but could not find where to place these files to manually overwrite. I'm assuming they do not follow the read me in the update because that would alter the vanilla skyrim directory. I have been having trouble getting the mature skin texture and unp to work properly. I'm guessing this is because I'm not installing the 1.51 update properly.

You can still install things not compatible with NMM in MO. Download the file. Then click the button in the upper left corner of MO: "Intall a new mod from an archive".

But for this one I would recommend a different process:

1. Open downloaded 1.51 file with 7z.

2. Choose the female body you want.

3. Rename it femalebody_1.dds.

4. Open the DIMONIZED UNP female body file in explorer by right clicking on the entry in MO and choosing "Open in explorer".

5. Close MO (for safety - may not be necessary).

6. Drop the renamed file (from 3 above) in the folder you opened (in 4 above). Say yes if it asks to replace/overwrite. (I can't remember if it will.)

7. Open up MO and you are good to go.

P.S. It would be worthwhile to open up Skyrim at this point and make sure it turned out ok.

Hi can somebody please help me achieve the following instructions in TES5Edit. I have been trying and trying to do it by myself for the past 30-40 minutes with no luck and it's causing a severe migraine :(

Right-click on the "Conditions" line of Alternate Start - Life Another Life.esp and select "Add" twice.

Drag the two conditions from Hearthfires.esm to the two newly created slots in Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp so it contains all 4 conditions.

This is what TES5Edit looks like to me after doing the "add twice" edit

https://i39.tinypic.com/33arptj.png

I am not sure what this means? - "Drag the two conditions from Hearthfires.esm to the two newly created slots in Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp so it contains all 4 conditions."

Drag the "MQ102" condition from Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp to the newly created condition in AS-GDO Patch.esp.

Select the "000EA261" node.

Right-click on Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp in the right pane and select "Copy as Override into...".

Select AS-GDO Patch.esp and click [OK].

Right-click on the "Conditions" row of AS-GDO Patch.esp and select "Add".

Drag the "MQ102" condition from Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp to the newly created condition in AS-GDO Patch.esp.

I can get as far as making the patch but the condition part is confusing for someone new to modding

I am close to giving up and just deleting the whole thing

Thank you

Hi can somebody please help me achieve the following instructions in TES5Edit. I have been trying and trying to do it by myself for the past 30-40 minutes with no luck and it's causing a severe migraine :(

Right-click on the "Conditions" line of Alternate Start - Life Another Life.esp and select "Add" twice.

Drag the two conditions from Hearthfires.esm to the two newly created slots in Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp so it contains all 4 conditions.

This is what TES5Edit looks like to me after doing the "add twice" edit

https://i39.tinypic.com/33arptj.png

I am not sure what this means? - "Drag the two conditions from Hearthfires.esm to the two newly created slots in Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp so it contains all 4 conditions."

Select the "000EA261" node.

Right-click on Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp in the right pane and select "Copy as Override into...".

Select AS-GDO Patch.esp and click [OK].

Right-click on the "Conditions" row of AS-GDO Patch.esp and select "Add".

I can get as far as making the patch but the condition part is confusing for someone new to modding

I am close to giving up and just deleting the whole thing

Thank you

You give up easy ;)

1) All you have left to so is drag the two conditions (by dragging the top bar on the row that says "Condition" one at a time) and overwriting the two new conditions (currently marked "GetWantBlocking"( in your image, again dragging it over the "Condition" row appropiately.

2.) Same deal with this second one... drag the "Condition" row.

You give up easy ;)

1) All you have left to so is drag the two conditions (by dragging the top bar on the row that says "Condition" one at a time) and overwriting the two new conditions (currently marked "GetWantBlocking"( in your image, again dragging it over the "Condition" row appropiately.

You do when you haven't had a lot of sleep :P thanks :)

I don't understand the instruction "drag the two conditions from the hearthfire.esm to the alternate start.esp" because if I do that it stays red and there's only two conditions that I can drag it to ? Unless of course you mean drag the first "condition" to the first slot and the second "condition" to the second slot at the bottom with nothing to the left of it ? Sorry if I'm not making sense...

Here is a picture of what I mean just in case you don't understand me

https://i42.tinypic.com/sq5khx.png

I recently deleted mine, nothing wrong with SR or the guide, had some other issues, but I find it oddly therapeutic reinstalling though I am going with 1024 textures this time to avoid stuttering and ctds. I don't get these with pure SR (well rarely) but we are all adding other things in there and well it gets frustrating, especially follower mods (UFO, EFF, AFT etc) they seem to conflict mightily with something and I am not yet savvy (patient) enough to figure out what (there is a contradiction in there somewhere).

Anyway making mistakes is how you learn and I for on have leant a great deal doing this, especially as I am allergic to technical stuff.

:)

You give up easy ;)

You do when you haven't had a lot of sleep :P thanks :)

I don't understand the instruction "drag the two conditions from the hearthfire.esm to the alternate start.esp" because if I do that it stays red and there's only two conditions that I can drag it to ? Unless of course you mean drag the first "condition" to the first slot and the second "condition" to the second slot at the bottom with nothing to the left of it ? Sorry if I'm not making sense...

Here is a picture of what I mean just in case you don't understand me

https://i42.tinypic.com/sq5khx.png

Exactly like your image shows...

Click Add twice on the Conditions line, if you scroll down you'll now see (4) conditions listed, the two that were there and two new ones that are populated with a copy of each other, they'll both be marked as "GetWantBlocking" as Neo stated. In any case, you take the (2) entries from Hearthfires.esp (in the 1st and 2nd slots) on the left and move them into the 3rd and 4th slots of the other esp.