General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Well not like all the MCM menus are missing-- just some of them. It's aggravating. I'm starting my game from a immediately post Helgen save-- did the Helgen intro with nothing but Vanilla Skyrim' date=' consoled my character her previous appearance and progress from the last test game, then added the whole set of SR mods and extras. Would that affect anything? Should I start posting load order here?[/quote']

SkyUI 4.0 beta has another fix for this

- Improved menu registration process to avoid missing menus on the first save load. For real this time.

I have not tried the beta yet, though I am eager to try the new favourite menu :)

It also requires the new SKSE which is in beta I believe.

Well not like all the MCM menus are missing-- just some of them. It's aggravating. I'm starting my game from a immediately post Helgen save-- did the Helgen intro with nothing but Vanilla Skyrim' date=' consoled my character her previous appearance and progress from the last test game' date=' then added the whole set of SR mods and extras. Would that affect anything? Should I start posting load order here?[/quote'']

SkyUI 4.0 beta has another fix for this

- Improved menu registration process to avoid missing menus on the first save load. For real this time.

I have not tried the beta yet, though I am eager to try the new favourite menu :)

It also requires the new SKSE which is in beta I believe.

Hmm. Updated to new SKSE, made another save and reloaded again-- seems to have fixed the missing menus. Thank goodness. For a while I'd thought it'd need voodoo or a sacrifice to the Daedra or something.

Install SUM like you would any other mod through Mod Organizer (MO). Once installed' date=' click the 'data' tab in the right pane of MO and scroll down until you see "SkyProc Patches". Expand SkyProc Patches and SUM under that. Right click on "SUM.jar" and select "add as executable". Make sure you have to current version of JAVA. Select SUM and click run. That should work.[/quote']

Nope' date=' still same error message[/quote']

Since you initially installed SUM outside MO, it is possible you did the same for Automatic Variants (AV) and Dual Sheath Redux (DSR). Again I am assuming you have the latest JAVA JRE. Since nothing seems to be working for you, do the following:

1. Navigate to your MO/overwrite directory and delete the SkyProc and textures directories (textures should contain AV textures only) if they exist.

2. Uninstall the SUM you installed outside of MO and reinstall through MO.

3. Navigate to your actual skyrim/data directory and delete any SkyProc folders if they exist.

4. Using MO reinstall all SkyProc AV mods using REPLACE if installing each in their own directories making sure they are in SR order.

5. Using MO reinstall DSR following Skyrim Revisited (SR) using REPLACE for the main file and using MERGE for all the optionals.

6. Follow the instructions at the end for running SUM within MO.

If this does not work, I have no clue.

Actually if you want to do yourself a favor, then once you have installed the AV packages once, then make a copy of the AV packages folder with the json files inside.

Overwrite with any resized textures you might have, and then every time you reinstall AV you just have to copy in this folder instead of going through the process all over again from the start. You can also remove all those pink textures etc. that you do not want so you never have to setup AV again but just press a button.

I noticed something when I did my short ENB framerate run and noticed that the texture seam for the 1st person hands is still there. I followed the instructions on the guide (double checked, unless somehow I missed something) and it's still there I did the step of placing the default UNP body as stated in the guide and idk it's just weird. I also tried using the mature skin files to make it work and no dice. Ideas?

Has anyone tried to use ACE pack with Skyrim Revisited? Does in interfere with anything? So far i've understood that Ace-Archery is not compatible with arrow tweaks, and probably Ace-Smithing with Ars smithing. Ace speech ovverides trade & barter but dont see any conflicts. Though i wonder if anyone more expereinced tried it..

I noticed something when I did my short ENB framerate run and noticed that the texture seam for the 1st person hands is still there. I followed the instructions on the guide (double checked' date=' unless somehow I missed something) and it's still there I did the step of placing the default UNP body as stated in the guide and idk it's just weird. I also tried using the mature skin files to make it work and no dice. Ideas?[/quote']

For the Dimonized UNP Female Body did you follow this instruction?

In /Mods/Dimonized UNP Female Body/meshes/actors/character/character assets, rename femalehands*.nif to 1stpersonfemalehands*.nif.

You should have two files in that directory (1stpersonfemalehands_0.nif and 1stpersonfemalehands_1.nif).

Just wanted to confirm I did this correct.

Under Sounds of Skyrim Civilization, the section for making a patch for the ESP conflict with Realistic Room Rentals Enhanced and Realistic Lighting Overhaul

It says:

Open TES5Edit.

Select RRR-RLO Patch.esp and SoS - Civilization.esp with associated patches then click [OK].

Expand "Cell">"Block 1">"Sub-Block 4" and select the "00016789" node.

Right-click the column for SoS - Civilization-PatchRLOMajorCityInteriors.esp and select "Copy as override into...".

Select "" and click [OK]. In the resulting text box type "SOS-RRR-RLO Patch".

Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].

After selecting the patch and SOS in the first step, the second step says what to expand but it doesn't tell you what your expanding under. I assumed SoS - Civilization.. Just wanted to make sure I was right since I'm spoiled by always being told exactly what to expand under :P

Has anyone tried to use ACE pack with Skyrim Revisited? Does in interfere with anything? So far i've understood that Ace-Archery is not compatible with arrow tweaks' date=' and probably Ace-Smithing with Ars smithing. Ace speech ovverides trade & barter but dont see any conflicts. Though i wonder if anyone more expereinced tried it..[/quote']

I used them, quite a bit a month or two ago.  They generally worked pretty well in game though I did not examine them in detail for conflicts.  Currently I only sue the ACE Realistic Fighting Module (alongside of Duel.)

I noticed something when I did my short ENB framerate run and noticed that the texture seam for the 1st person hands is still there. I followed the instructions on the guide (double checked' date=' unless somehow I missed something) and it's still there I did the step of placing the default UNP body as stated in the guide and idk it's just weird. I also tried using the mature skin files to make it work and no dice. Ideas?[/quote']

In /Mods/Dimonized UNP Female Body/meshes/actors/character/character assets' date=' rename femalehands*.nif to 1stpersonfemalehands*.nif.[/quote']

You should have two files in that directory (1stpersonfemalehands_0.nif and 1stpersonfemalehands_1.nif).

Yup that is what I said.

Also I noticed that the new SKSE lacks a SKSE folder in the Data folder

I ran into a situation where I couldn't find two nodes in TES5Edit.

When installing "Realistic Needs and Diseases" and resolving the problem for: "This mod has an incomplete Destructible Bottles patch and an ESP conflict with Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons HD."

It says:

Open TES5Edit.

Select all Bethesda ESMs, all RND ESPs, Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp, and RUPPB-DBE Patch.esp and click [OK].

Expand "Ingestible" under RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp and select the "0001895F" node.

Drag "DATA - Weight", "ENIT - Effect Data", and "Effects" records from RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp and overwrite those in RND_DestructibleBottles-Patch.esp.

Select the "0002C35A" node.

Drag the "DATA - Weight" record from RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp to RND_DestructibleBottles-Patch.esp.

Repeat this for the "0003133B","0003133C","00034C5D","000508CA","00085368","000C5348","000C5349","000F693F","080053E5", and "080053EC" nodes.

The two bolded nodes above, I couldn't find. So they didn't get changed. Why couldn't I find them, and will it affect me going froward not having them changed? Unless I messed up somewhere and I can find some direction to change them.

In /Mods/Dimonized UNP Female Body/meshes/actors/character/character assets' date=' rename femalehands*.nif to 1stpersonfemalehands*.nif.[/quote']

Yup that is what I said.

Also I noticed that the new SKSE lacks a SKSE folder in the Data folder

AFAIK SKSE has never had a SKSE folder-- you have to make that on your own with the SKSE.ini file.

I ran into a situation where I couldn't find two nodes in TES5Edit.

When installing "Realistic Needs and Diseases" and resolving the problem for: "This mod has an incomplete Destructible Bottles patch and an ESP conflict with Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons HD."

It says:

Open TES5Edit.

Select all Bethesda ESMs' date=' all RND ESPs, Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp, and RUPPB-DBE Patch.esp and click [OK'].

Expand "Ingestible" under RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp and select the "0001895F" node.

Drag "DATA - Weight", "ENIT - Effect Data", and "Effects" records from RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp and overwrite those in RND_DestructibleBottles-Patch.esp.

Select the "0002C35A" node.

Drag the "DATA - Weight" record from RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp to RND_DestructibleBottles-Patch.esp.

Repeat this for the "0003133B","0003133C","00034C5D","000508CA","00085368","000C5348","000C5349","000F693F","080053E5", and "080053EC" nodes.

The two bolded nodes above, I couldn't find. So they didn't get changed. Why couldn't I find them, and will it affect me going froward not having them changed? Unless I messed up somewhere and I can find some direction to change them.

Have you tried looking for the nodes by typing the numbers into the FormID search? Easier to locate that way. It's also possible you dragged values into the wrong plugin-- I tend to do that a little too often myself.

Hi guys, I am at the point where I really need to start merging esp files. I have read up on it and as far as I can tell I need to load up the files I want to merge including all of their masters. Then I need to expand all of the esp files and then select all of the categories in each file finally right click and select "deep copy into" (or similar) and enter a suitable name for the new patch. The problem is that

a) I may not have read all of this properly and have some errors in my procedure e.g. In an almost very useful guide I read it talks about assigning new form ID numbers to the esp files first which I am very unsure of. I know how to do it but not sure why or how it might affect the main mods that I am merging should I change the form IDs.

b) I am not good with PC jargon - too much in a sentence and I just want to go and do something else. I do learn eventually and can then progress. Few guides are written in a way that non-programmers can understand easily.

I think if I was to work through a specific example e.g. Atlas map markers (I read that there was a link to this somewhere) I might then be able to gain a bit more confidence with the process.

Any help with this or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

:)

If you're just merging the SR patches, you shouldn't need to renumber FormIDs-- just right clicking on the plugin and selecting "deep copy as override" should do the trick. For mods that are more complicated, then yeah, you'll probably need to renumber FormIDs.