General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Guess I'm not sure 100% what the problem is? First shot the tree is the 2d lod and second shot it has transitioned to the 3d model. Skyrim loads 3d models as you get closer to things as it loads that "grid". You can increase the number of grids loaded with uGridsToLoad in Skyrim.ini with a performance / memory impact.

The default value is 5 and it should always be an odd number. Note that this also loads NPCs and triggers onload events for those added grids (i.e. quest events) so you may not be able to see them in view with a higher grids setting.

I have a bug where the camera flips when I strafe right in 3rd person. I know this is quite an old bug but figured it would have been dealt with by this point in time. Running the full base SR:LE mod list. Is this something that should not be happening with this mod guide?

I have a bug where the camera flips when I strafe right in 3rd person. I know this is quite an old bug but figured it would have been dealt with by this point in time. Running the full base SR:LE mod list. Is this something that should not be happening with this mod guide?

It doesn't happen in my game.... hrm.
  • +1 1

Is there any real need to switch over to LOOT yet? I noticed that you tried once before to switch over and then changed your mind. Are there any issues left with SR:LE running a LOOT load order?

Edited by Kotis

Is there any real need to switch over to LOOT yet? I noticed that you tried once before to switch over and then changed your mind. Are there any issues left with SR:LE running a LOOT load order?

Actually, someone else made those edits, not me. Hence why it was reverted and I locked down the page.

In any case, last night was the official switch and the guide is fully converted. I don't believe there are any issues left presently after adding the required metadata rules but always possible a few minor things to find.

• +1 1

Hi, sorry if this question has already be answered and if it may sound stupid: for mod merging it is specified that the plugins have to be in the order specified ---> means one after the other like I place everything at the end of load order, merge the plugins and then sort load order with loot? Or just in the order specified but they can be other plugins between it, like I sort my load order, put the plugins in the specified order and then merge it? Thank you

Hi, sorry if this question has already be answered and if it may sound stupid: for mod merging it is specified that the plugins have to be in the order specified ---> means one after the other like I place everything at the end of load order, merge the plugins and then sort load order with loot? Or just in the order specified but they can be other plugins between it, like I sort my load order, put the plugins in the specified order and then merge it? Thank you

I always load only the plugins to be merged in the order specified.

I quit playing/modding Skyrim just before Heartfire release (my saved game broke and my pc was not powerfull enough to make Skyrim as pretty as I would like it to be)
At that time you had to use some garbage collector plugins to prevent save bloating (ie cell reseting plugin, clutter & corpses cleanning, etc...).
Now I'm back in Skyrim to finally know what exactly happened after you went to High Hrothgar (my corrupted save didn't trigger the greybeard tests), I would like to know if you still need those or if those issues were fixed.

Also, is it still a good practice to put littering weapons back in corpse inventory to help the cleanning of cells ?

Thx

I quit playing/modding Skyrim just before Heartfire release (my saved game broke and my pc was not powerfull enough to make Skyrim as pretty as I would like it to be)

At that time you had to use some garbage collector plugins to prevent save bloating (ie cell reseting plugin, clutter & corpses cleanning, etc...).

Now I'm back in Skyrim to finally know what exactly happened after you went to High Hrothgar (my corrupted save didn't trigger the greybeard tests), I would like to know if you still need those or if those issues were fixed.

Also, is it still a good practice to put littering weapons back in corpse inventory to help the cleanning of cells ?

Thx

Bethesda patched the corpse item problem and assuming you configure the SKSE memory patch and ENBoost you don't need to purge cells or do any of those things anymore.

Yes in the guide under - 

Initial INI Tweaks

<spoiler> The first step to editing the SKSE.ini is to create it. Perform the following:

Right-click Skyrim Script Extender in the Mod Organizer mod list.
Select "Open In Explorer".
Create and enter a folder named SKSE.
Create and open a text file named SKSE.ini.

Once this file is open to be edited, paste in the following:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

This enables self-healing of rogue updating scripts in saves and the new memory patch.

Save and close SKSE.ini then exit explorer. </spoiler>

You can always double check by using memory blocks Log (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/?)

Load as a new mod on MO and open it in explorer and change .ini file setting EnableLog=false to EnableLog=true

Run the game allowing this mod to create the MemoryBlocksLog.log and if your settings are correct you will see somthing like this in the log files.

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
512MB 256MB
85 8
85 8

Hope this helps....

Hi small little problem (isn't really one): under 4.1 General User interface, for the mod Blocksteal Redux, Neo wrote :

"Special Installlation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):
Main File:

• PreventsAccidentPickUp.bsl"

--> Problem: In the archive  (blocksteal redux version 1.5 like specified) there is no bsl file...

What should i do ? Just ignore it ?

EDIT :: Sorry found it in another post apparently i should just ignore it

Edited by pk2809