SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators

Bealdwine

I like mixing this mod with other stuff that adds to the wild like Immersive Patrols, Monster Mod, Bellyaches New Dragons, and AV. Just running around watching all the fights is so much fun. Wolfpack vs Bear vs Minotaur vs Stormcloak vs Thalmor vs Dragon is pretty sweet when you see it.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

There's a lore breaking issue with the mod.  It changes the "cave bear" to be like a real life black bear.  It's obvious that the author was assuming that the cave bear was meant to be a black bear.  It doesn't help that prior to USKP fixing some issues with regular bears and cave bears that the two types of bears were kind of messed up.  You might be saying, " well, isn't it a black bear?"  Nope...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_bear

Cave bear - prehistoric bear that was closely related to a modern day brown bear, same size to larger.  Of course, since there's no real life record description of what the skin of one actually looked like, it could be dark-colored too like a black bear.  It really bothers me that this was done in SkyTEST, because it is not lore friendly and messes with the stats of the animal to make it lesser than a regular bear.

SkyTEST nerfed the cave bear... doing so, it breaks lore, reality, and can cause bear type stats incompatibilities with other mods (the last one is actually my biggest gripe) - especially mods that alter level lists of NPCs.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

• 1 year later...