v2.3 - Feedback & Bug Reports

23 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

bonfire.thumb.jpg.747fe292f153755009ed0e17dce50fbd.jpg

Floating bonfire next to Bannered Mare from "Fires and Embers Clipping Fix", REF FORM 000827A7

(How do I print screen when console is on?) Print Screen don't work, F12 don't work...

16 hours ago, z929669 said:

I see that too. Hmm. I hadn't noticed this before. It's missing a brazier or a pot. I'll have a look.

The missing brazier is from RS because RS removes one of them, if I remember correctly. So that reference is likely in conflict with RS and needs to be disabled. It may be worth specifically filtering for any conflicts between this mod and RS in xEdit.

EDIT:
I checked and there are quite a few conflicts that were never addressed between RS and Fires and Embers Clipping Fix. Mainly that RS disables and removes some assets that Fires and Embers Clipping Fix is restoring. The fire in Whiterun is one such asset.

Damn this Tarlazo guy looks awesome dude, I look at his mods and it is mostly fixes, the guy really loves to fix things, big kudos to him! Would be great to know what mods you use of his which are compatible with step guide, maybe you could even post some of them as recommendations in mods forum? Would be great man.

Edited by TadasTalalas
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

The missing brazier is from RS because RS removes one of them, if I remember correctly. So that reference is likely in conflict with RS and needs to be disabled. It may be worth specifically filtering for any conflicts between this mod and RS in xEdit.

EDIT:
I checked and there are quite a few conflicts that were never addressed between RS and Fires and Embers Clipping Fix. Mainly that RS disables and removes some assets that Fires and Embers Clipping Fix is restoring. The fire in Whiterun is one such asset.

I mentioned this in a later post. On my to-do.

10 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

In so many years no one addressed this? I'm kind of speechless...

Also see the 'bugs' section at the bottom. The Nilheim 'quest' and the encounter work OK. The problem or 'bugs' are related to circumventing the quest or not speaking to Telrav, which is the real issue, IMO.

Aggro on your horse but not you is just stupid, so that is also a real bug, IMO.

Hi. Im just curious. Latest release excluded Troches Ignite Oil mod from the list? Some problems with this mod? And regarding Particle Patch for ENB, I think (correct me if Im wrong) it was always recommended to hide esp from this mod but now it has changed?

yeah i think in previous version of guide it was hidden, so either something changed, either mistake?

about torches ignite oil, changelog says that it had been discovered to redundant, so yeah, i guess we just don't need this anymore

4 hours ago, xbk123 said:

Hi. Im just curious. Latest release excluded Troches Ignite Oil mod from the list? Some problems with this mod? And regarding Particle Patch for ENB, I think (correct me if Im wrong) it was always recommended to hide esp from this mod but now it has changed?

Always check the forum topic and changelog:

I added the note about the PP to the changelog. Instructions were updated in 2.2.0.

Many thanks to the STEP team and the entire STEP community for all the time and effort you continue to devote to Skyrim and this guide!

Just finished following the current 2.3 version and it went rather smoothly. Only in a few places was I initially unsure of the instructions, but after re-reading I was able to proceed confidently and everything seems to be running beautifully so far (though admittedly I haven't done much in this new build yet).

I did notice one small omission... the instructions/recommendations for Glacier LOD Meshes do not mention that this is a SkyrimLE mod and to ignore the MO warning indicator, as the guide does for other such mods.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, notcyf said:

Question: With Embers XD, do I also untick the Survival Mode patch? Won't use Survival Mode anyway, but is it necessary for the STEP CR patch?

Install the mod as instructed, which doesn't advise to untick the SM patch. It's a compatibility patch. SM is part of the game whether or not you choose to enable it. Why wouldn't you want Embers XD to be compatible with it? It just gives Embers XD fires the warm-up effect with SM if it's enabled like vanilla fires would be if Embers XD wasn't installed. The Step patches don't rely on it.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

Install the mod as instructed, which doesn't advise to untick the SM patch. It's a compatibility patch. SM is part of the game whether or not you choose to enable it. Why wouldn't you want Embers XD to be compatible with it? It just gives Embers XD fires the warm-up effect with SM if it's enabled like vanilla fires would be if Embers XD wasn't installed. The Step patches don't rely on it.

The mod install instruction that shows the installation doesn't show it as ticked, where other mod instructions show default options as ticked in the instruction, so I wasn't sure whether this was intentional or left out mistakenly.

• +1 1

8 hours ago, notcyf said:

The mod install instruction that shows the installation doesn't show it as ticked, where other mod instructions show default options as ticked in the instruction, so I wasn't sure whether this was intentional or left out mistakenly.

I missed that. Fixed

On 8/31/2024 at 11:57 AM, TadasTalalas said:

bonfire.thumb.jpg.747fe292f153755009ed0e17dce50fbd.jpg

Floating bonfire next to Bannered Mare from "Fires and Embers Clipping Fix", REF FORM 000827A7

(How do I print screen when console is on?) Print Screen don't work, F12 don't work...

This should be fixed now if you update to the latest Step Patches (CR and LW were updated). See changelogs on Nexus and wiki.