v2.3 - Feedback & Bug Reports

41 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Is quality supposed to be 0 for all?  Currently, the images show LOD4 and LOD32 are 0 while LOD8 is 4 and LOD16 is 6.

Quality is independent for each LOD level, so just follow the examples everywhere exactly ... except for where it isn't possible, in which case, it's a mistake on our part (so please let us know).

8 minutes ago, Elaura said:

Not sure where to put this. All three STEP ENBs, Heavy, Light, and Milk Drinker have the bunny enbsunsprite.bmp 
It appears to be taking precedence over the enbsunsprite.png and should probably be deleted.

EnableSunGlare=false OOtB for the Step ENB. It's not expected to be used. Even so, it's best to remove bloat, so this will be addressed.

Thanks

I have an allergy to "Cash Shops" in games, so when one appeared in F4 & SSE, I permanently* deleted both games from my Steam Account.

For me it's far worse than F76, because I knew F76 had a cash shop the day it was revealed at E3, not added to games I only bought because they have not got a cash shop. I do NOT buy "In-Game Cash Shop".

So I own BGS games ONLY on GOG, the passion to mod them hadn't returned, until Fallout London released, not really surprised.

Though I never followed STEP guides, they are one of my references, due to the accuracy & dependability of the testing done here.

xEdit has changed: Does Renaming work the same?

So when I find a discrepancy, I typically correct my assumptions, things have changed, or my memory is inaccurate.

Not this time & as following the guide works, it's the advanced options of renaming to xEdit that I see a new issue.

I get my xEdit from GitHub & before that renamed my install to xEdit Using MO Arguments to set the game, with the standard STEP arguments.

This is NOW what I get from GitHub using

xEdit.4.1.5f.7z

BSArch.exe
BSArch64.exe
BSArchPro.exe
BSArchPro64.exe
xDump.exe
xDump64.exe
xFOEdit.exe = MD5 = 83D4ACBC96506D57931AA759E5314A3F
xFOEdit64.exe = MD5 = 84CAA4705EDFB1E821518AED05C9C839
xSFEdit.exe = MD5 = 0768EF33C9BCC8662804451F4DA9EEA2
xSFEdit64.exe = MD5 = 2C280A42C30AF4B83685E9D77F0ED166
xTESEdit.exe = MD5 = 7BD4516FC4DA0E5C2BED1C5F96DD9068
xTESEdit64.exe = MD5 = 3150627E1DC87C1D71875F304DDD5BF1

Edit Scripts
Themes

Note there is no single xEdit.exe, or xEdit64.exe, these are Franchise specific now.

This would not impact games within a franchise & I have no idea what the results would be.

This change is occurred in xEdit.4.1.5.EXPERIMENTAL.7z released Nov 4, 2023, no surprise the big upgrade changed things.

I'm surprised that I have found no mention of this, on my return.

Saying that your guide never linked to GitHub, always the rename Nexus versions, while For me it gave a central source.

I sort of get why STEP may have missed this, but I can find no mentions of the change.

I have other more general comments about modding with GOG releases, but hat will need another post.

So am I missing something, does this matter? It appears to be very important for Starfield (Not on GOG) reading the GitHub details.

What about Fallout & TES versions?

* I only found out a few days ago that at some point Steam made that a reversible action, but I don't care.

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

EnableSunGlare=false OOtB for the Step ENB. It's not expected to be used. Even so, it's best to remove bloat, so this will be addressed.

Thanks

I see how I got it. A new ENB was released and I replaced the STEP enbseries.ini with the new one. I never would have seen it if it hadn't been for that mistake. Thanks for pointing that out. No telling the trouble I would have had later.

• Like 2

I recommend a mention in the Immersive Equipment Displays step to change the ini file to pick a different key than backspace to pop their in-game debugging ui. It is pretty infuriating to be typing something into the search of the sky ui or renaming an enchanted item and have this mod's UI pop up instead because I chose to press backspace to delete a character.

Edited by BearTrap

On 8/20/2024 at 6:52 AM, z929669 said:

I think SLfSR is redundant and can be dropped, but let's verify with @TechAngel85

We missed this somehow :whistling:

On 8/20/2024 at 6:14 PM, z929669 said:

But here's the problem:

image.png

This is something @TechAngel85 will need to fix, as I don't mess with landscape records in xEdit. For now, we should use SLSR until this is resolved. Example:

image.png

6 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Hi. 'Snowy Landscapes in Snowy Regions' is still listed in '17-Locations'. Thanks.

I already pinged @TechAngel85 previously about this, but he must've missed it.

SLSR is still in the modlist, because only that mod provides a patch for Smooth Shores. VLC needs a SS patch in order to drop SLSR.

I don't patch landscape records, because this work usually needs to be done in the CK.

2 hours ago, BearTrap said:

I recommend a mention in the Immersive Equipment Displays step to change the ini file to pick a different key than backspace to pop their in-game debugging ui. It is pretty infuriating to be typing something into the search of the sky ui or renaming an enchanted item and have this mod's UI pop up instead because I chose to press backspace to delete a character.

We don't include such instructions, because it's an edge case. Very few people will encounter this problem, and if they do, they will either post for help or find the solution themselves on the Nexus mod page (as you did).

There's hundreds if not thousands of little things like this that we don't mention, because to do so would add a massive amount of instructions that would then need to be maintained for accuracy in case something changes.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

SLSR is still in the modlist, because only that mod provides a patch for Smooth Shores. VLC needs a SS patch in order to drop SLSR.

I don't patch landscape records, because this work usually needs to be done in the CK.

I could probably make a dirty patch, pretty quickly by just reusing the Snowy Landscapes for Snowy Regions patch for now. I have the records forwarded that need to be patched for VLC, but a proper patch to check everything over will take some time.

7 hours ago, z929669 said:

6 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I could probably make a dirty patch, pretty quickly by just reusing the Snowy Landscapes for Snowy Regions patch for now. I have the records forwarded that need to be patched for VLC, but a proper patch to check everything over will take some time.

Thank you both. The 'Smooth Shores - Snowy Landscapes for Snowy Regions' Patch is already omitted in the instructions for the 'Smooth Shores Patches' mod in '20 - Patches', so it is a bit confusing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Thank you both. The 'Smooth Shores - Snowy Landscapes for Snowy Regions' Patch is already omitted in the instructions for the 'Smooth Shores Patches' mod in '20 - Patches', so it is a bit confusing.

I hadn't realized that change was made to SS Patches mod. My inclination is to revert that change, as that's how I'm running it.

I'll take a look later this evening.

I've completed the latest version of the guide and I'm wondering something. 

With the post processing mods and ENB, I was only getting 60fps looking at the tundra in Whiterun. I re-run DynDOLOD without Grass LOD and it went up to more than 90fps.

Is this normal? A 30fps difference?