v2.3 - Feedback & Bug Reports

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

As @notcyf mentioned previously, the simplest solution is to change the Group of all 6 UHDAP plugins. This works without having to fuss with custom LOOT rules.

image.png

image.png

Sort with LOOT after, and viola:

image.png

That's what I did and suggested doing in LOOT in a previous post.

Open LOOT->Select all UHDAP plugins->Right Click->Change Group->Creation Club->Save

How I figured this out was by just checking the comment in the UHDAP comments section on NexusMods. :P

I was checking whether the guide would suggest doing this too, but it doesn't. It's a fairly simple step and doesn't require some insane knowledge, so I think putting it in the guide instead of removing the mod is a better idea.

I really don't think UHDAP will ever be removed and it's (in my own opinion) what we call "a storm in a glass of water" by the LOOT team.

But having the mod load after USSEP is just a no-no. It's going to cause wrong sound files to play on a lot of characters and dialogue. USSEP fixes many of these wrong audio files by just replacing the audio files with the correct audio.

Edited by notcyf

8 minutes ago, notcyf said:

That's what I did and suggested doing in LOOT in a previous post.

Select all UHDAP plugins->Change Group->Creation Club

How I figured this out was by just checking the comment in the UHDAP comments section on NexusMods :P
I was checking whether the guide would suggest doing this too, but it doesn't. It's a fairly simple step and doesn't require some insane knowledge, so I think putting it in the guide instead of removing the mod is a better idea.

I really don't think UHDAP will ever be removed and it's (in my own opinion) what we call "a storm in a glass of water" by the LOOT team.

But having the mod load after USSEP is just a no-no. It's going to cause wrong sound files to play on a lot of characters and dialogue. USSEP fixes many of these wrong audio files by just replacing the audio files with the correct audio.

That's why I mentioned you in my post

image.png

Also, you cannot multi-select plugins in LOOT, AFAIK. Each must be selected independently. You must be using the MO Plugin Manager extension? We don't use that or encourage its use, because it will be a bit of a rabbit hole of support issues for novice modders.

8 minutes ago, z929669 said:

That's why I mentioned you in my post

image.png

Also, you cannot multi-select plugins in LOOT, AFAIK. Each must be selected independently. You must be using the MO Plugin Manager extension? We don't use that or encourage its use, because it will be a bit of a rabbit hole of support issues for novice modders.

I don't use it. I just assumed it was possible. Did it one-by-one too, but figured it was possible to multi-select. Maybe a feature request for LOOT? :P

Edited by notcyf
  • Like 1

Few questions regarding grass cache instructions Im very curious about

Extend-grass-distance = true

for NGIO? Isnt it known for huge peformance impact?

Why Grass Cache Helper NG and NGIO together? Isnt NGIO alone enough for grass cache and generating grass lod?

From the mod description:

Grass Cache Helper NG hooks the game at runtime to modify *.GID file loading to *.CGID file loading. This allows *.CGID files generated by "No Grass In Objects" to be used by the game without renaming them. So you don't need to rename files anymore and you don't need to replace buggy .gid files from the game.

Also, extendgrassdistance=true enables grass outside of the loaded cells, which I believe helps with consistent blending with grass LOD, regardless of where the PC is in a given cell. In other words, full grass will be loaded at a consistent distance from the PC rather than discretely at cell boarders (under DynDOLODGrassMode=1).

Let's ping @DoubleYou to be sure I'm correct on this point. He studied, tested, and somehow remembers all this stuff, lol.

I am having an issue with ENB Light. I completely wiped my Modding folder to do the new guide. As such I have the latest version of MO as of about three days ago. This means when I try to install mods with missing folders, I hit install anyways and nothing happens. When This happened with a mod prior in the guide, I was able to fix it no problem following the fix. However, with ENB Light, the missing folder has slashes in the folder name, which Windows 11 won't allow me to do. As such I am not able to fix the missing folder following the instructions given. Is there another way around this?

3 hours ago, ArkliteDC said:

I am having an issue with ENB Light. I completely wiped my Modding folder to do the new guide. As such I have the latest version of MO as of about three days ago. This means when I try to install mods with missing folders, I hit install anyways and nothing happens. When This happened with a mod prior in the guide, I was able to fix it no problem following the fix. However, with ENB Light, the missing folder has slashes in the folder name, which Windows 11 won't allow me to do. As such I am not able to fix the missing folder following the instructions given. Is there another way around this?

there is just slightly not clear instructions, i've got confused first time too, it should be not folder with slashes, but rather eehh

you create folder 01 - Base
within it you create folder Vanilla Torch

within it you create folder meshes

if you look at how FOMOD archives are done for mods (simply open any fomod mod), then you will get it

btw, if you will do folder with slashes name in 7zip file manager (not in archive), then it will understand you and do what i wrote

Edited by d2eRX52
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

DynDOLODGrassMode will override ExtendGrassDistance setting. 

So ExtendGrassDistance setting has no impact under DynDOLODGrassMode 1 and only applies to DynDOLODGrassMode 2?

If ExtendGrassDistance has no impact either way and is overridden by DynDOLODGrassMode, then we should not be mentioning this setting in the config instructions.

6 hours ago, ArkliteDC said:

It's explained in the mod installation recommendations:

image.png

All you need to do is create the missing folder and re-archive the FOMOD. It's a PITA, but it works.

The MO dev team broke the "install anyway" feature in their last update. Hopefully they will fix it next release.

https://github.com/ModOrganizer2/modorganizer/issues/2103

I also use Windows 11 and have no clue what the issue is with "extra slashes".

Just create the missing folder and you're done. It's just an empty folder that the MA forgot to add. Nothing to do with slashes.

If this is about it being in a subfolder, well then the folder hierarchy must be created. Windows doesn't allow slashes or other reserved chars in folder or file names.

4 hours ago, d2eRX52 said:

there is just slightly not clear instructions, i've got confused first time too, it should be not folder with slashes, but rather eehh

if you look at how FOMOD archives are done for mods (simply open any fomod mod), then you will get it

btw, if you will do folder with slashes name in 7zip file manager (not in archive), then it will understand you and do what i wrote

Yes, this is creating the folder hierarchy. Sorry I missed this.

16 hours ago, d2eRX52 said:

Thank you for explaining this to me, solved my issue. 

On 8/31/2024 at 8:11 PM, z929669 said:

Someone asked about that. It's a relic from an outdated screenshot. This setting applies to all LOD levels. Leave it off. I will fix it at some point.

It probably doesn't matter for our build either way, but I haven't tested it thoroughly.

Is quality supposed to be 0 for all?  Currently, the images show LOD4 and LOD32 are 0 while LOD8 is 4 and LOD16 is 6.