v2.3 - Feedback & Bug Reports

5 hours ago, MightyCrow said:

For some reason, I can't change the Screenshots location.

I get this error in the console:

image.thumb.jpeg.0b528c9a64af1e9bc6cd0eea26f751c2.jpeg

This is what my PO3 INI looks like:

image.thumb.png.6a1527bfb387bb5844098ec27deeb852.png

This is what BethINI Pie says:

image.thumb.png.d2c5402b5ecc0891c7163a9dcfd9fab6.png

To confirm this path exists:

image.thumb.png.054dc535a97f25c13a5705842a31eb58.png

If I change the PO3 INI setting to false, the screenshots go here:

image.thumb.png.fe7ef8752725a4f0326e752907b2848d.png

I have checked all mods with INIs and can't see any that modify the screenshots path.

Now that I don't know. What does skyrim.ini have for sScreenShotBaseName under the applicable MO profile?

i've been looking into the step cr patch in sseedit (i was just making sure that mod i've added has no overlap with it)
and i've noticed that for some reason cr patch changes height of DarkElfRaceVampire back to vanilla one, from Lore-Corrected Races variant

is there any particular reason why is it this way?

also it reverts deletion of brows in lcr of darkelfracevampire and wood elf race vampire

Edited by d2eRX52

I'm just before step 7 checking files with LOOT and xEditQuickAutoClean does not clean imp_helm_legend.esp

imp_helm_legend.thumb.jpg.2afa5eed70f6c4b1a05ea5e5100908c2.jpg

At the start of the cleaning process I see this weird warning:

imp_helm_legend_cleaning.thumb.jpg.562ee8ca81fa6d322bbc2d86e3a7c321.jpg

Maybe it is relevant? I don't know...

Every mod and plugin is enabled.

Edited by TadasTalalas

50 minutes ago, TadasTalalas said:

I'm just before step 7 checking files with LOOT and xEditQuickAutoClean does not clean imp_helm_legend.esp

As i understand this is not a problem.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

This was recently discussed on the Improved Closefaced Helmets topic. xEditQuickAutoClean doesn't fix this one. The Step Patches cure the <Unknown> references in imp_helm_legend.esp, so cleaning it is irrelevant. You can still follow the advice in that post to manually fix, but it isn't necessary.

image.png

In final steps to configure DynDOLOD generation there is:

grass_lod.thumb.jpg.bc425c8cbda223773fe58297659b018f.jpg

Should I tick Grass LOD? How do I know if I need it? Is it for post processing? Or is it mandatory? It is very confusing when it says "Do it, otherwise if you don't like it don't do it" you know what I mean. I'm noob in this (doesn't matter that I'm doing this guide 5th time from A to Z since Legendary edition, I'm still the end-user kind of, I'm just good with following instructions, but have no knowledge like you guys). Please help.

I'm not using 21 Post-Processing because my laptop is made from wood, in benchmarking I got these fps's:

fps.thumb.jpg.9fa91d3ce6beda79dbe52790f885af17.jpg

So I'm squeezing max from my GTX 970M.

I assume I should NOT tick it, because of this when generating TexGen few steps before:

assume_grass.thumb.jpg.c2b73dfa9bc1c4cefbaac2d73e3bfa3e.jpg

But I'm not 100% sure.

----------

I didn't tick it and going forward since the red color kind of indicates it is for post-processing, but it is not 100% clear, waiting for somebody to reply for future.

Edited by TadasTalalas
  • Thanks 1

Probably a misunderstanding on my end, but I thought I'd post it here just in case.

The guide talks about WACCF being optional.  So, I didn't install it.  Amidianborn Content Addon has WACCF as one of its requirements.  So, ACA should be optional.  This should be stated somewhere.

Under the same logic, ACE has "NOTE: This mod extends WACCF, which is itself a hard requirement for the Step SkyrimSE build." under its Detailed Instructions on the STEP guide.  WACCF is stated as a hard requirement here, but optional in the introduction.

Obviously the fact of not installing WACCF causes errors in MO2 stating masters are missing.

Edited by kleshas
clarity
  • Thanks 1

I have completed installing/updating the modlist to version 2.3. I followed STEP 5 and generated the grass cache, allowing the program to complete and receiving the message that it had completed. I was able to run XLODGen  and also DynDOLOD with no visible errors or concerns. However, when I am starting the game with SKSE, the game starts and continues to return to generating the grass cache. I figured that I perhaps missed something, so I allowed it to complete its generation. Well, it has completed generating the grass cache three times, yet every time I try to run the game using SKSE, it returns to creating grass cache. I tried searching for others experiencing this without success. I may just uninstall the "Precache Grass" plugin to see if that is causing the issue.  Just wondering if I am missing something obvious.

1 hour ago, jap2112 said:

I have completed installing/updating the modlist to version 2.3. I followed STEP 5 and generated the grass cache, allowing the program to complete and receiving the message that it had completed. I was able to run XLODGen  and also DynDOLOD with no visible errors or concerns. However, when I am starting the game with SKSE, the game starts and continues to return to generating the grass cache. I figured that I perhaps missed something, so I allowed it to complete its generation. Well, it has completed generating the grass cache three times, yet every time I try to run the game using SKSE, it returns to creating grass cache. I tried searching for others experiencing this without success. I may just uninstall the "Precache Grass" plugin to see if that is causing the issue.  Just wondering if I am missing something obvious.

Did you read the 'Highlights' opening paragraph of the changelog? Are you upgrading from the previous guide or doing a clean install?

3 hours ago, kleshas said:

Probably a misunderstanding on my end, but I thought I'd post it here just in case.

The guide talks about WACCF being optional.  So, I didn't install it.  Amidianborn Content Addon has WACCF as one of its requirements.  So, ACA should be optional.  This should be stated somewhere.

Under the same logic, ACE has "NOTE: This mod extends WACCF, which is itself a hard requirement for the Step SkyrimSE build." under its Detailed Instructions on the STEP guide.  WACCF is stated as a hard requirement here, but optional in the introduction.

Obviously the fact of not installing WACCF causes errors in MO2 stating masters are missing.

I'll fix the ACE and aMB-CA notes.

On 8/25/2024 at 10:16 AM, TadasTalalas said:

In final steps to configure DynDOLOD generation there is:

grass_lod.thumb.jpg.bc425c8cbda223773fe58297659b018f.jpg

Should I tick Grass LOD? How do I know if I need it? Is it for post processing? Or is it mandatory? It is very confusing when it says "Do it, otherwise if you don't like it don't do it" you know what I mean. I'm noob in this (doesn't matter that I'm doing this guide 5th time from A to Z since Legendary edition, I'm still the end-user kind of, I'm just good with following instructions, but have no knowledge like you guys). Please help.

I'm not using 21 Post-Processing because my laptop is made from wood, in benchmarking I got these fps's:

fps.thumb.jpg.9fa91d3ce6beda79dbe52790f885af17.jpg

So I'm squeezing max from my GTX 970M.

I assume I should NOT tick it, because of this when generating TexGen few steps before:

assume_grass.thumb.jpg.c2b73dfa9bc1c4cefbaac2d73e3bfa3e.jpg

But I'm not 100% sure.

----------

I didn't tick it and going forward since the red color kind of indicates it is for post-processing, but it is not 100% clear, waiting for somebody to reply for future.

You should generate the grass cache but not the grass LOD. You should also use the 'performance' mesh rules suggested when running DynDOLOD.

I'll try to improve these instructions.

See the latest Post-Relese Changes > Guide notes

8 hours ago, z929669 said:

Did you read the 'Highlights' opening paragraph of the changelog? Are you upgrading from the previous guide or doing a clean install?

Yes I read the Highlights and just read them again. I am not trying to play from an existing save - I am starting a new game. I am upgrading from the previous guide, but I re-read every section and cross-referenced back to the changelog to make sure I covered every mod, topic and change. The running of the grass cache when trying to run the game using SKSE is strange because I could not find anyone else experiencing this. When I see that, it usually does mean an obvious mistake on my part, but I cannot seem to locate that mistake.  I did not maintain the prior build since I have no save to maintain and I have no desire to keep the old build.

UPDATE: I was able to get my game to start by doing the following two steps. One of these may not be the cause, but it worked. First, I re-read the instructions and made a typo in the GrassControl.ini. I forgot the 4 zeros after the 1.15 in Global-grass-scale. I corrected that. Second, I went to the Grass Cache created mod (where I stored the Grass Cache output) and changed the extension of the generated text file to ".bak" thinking that perhaps something was reading that text file. Those two steps above worked.

Edited by jap2112

I've only heard something like this once, and have no idea why, but it sounds like it 's about unexpected output files in Overwrite or elsewhere or some mod like Root Builder.

5 hours ago, jap2112 said:

I went to the Grass Cache created mod (where I stored the Grass Cache output) and changed the extension of the generated text file to ".bak" thinking that perhaps something was reading that text file. Those two steps above worked.

I don't know what you mean. The grass cache output should be in SKSE64 Output mod if you are following the guide. It does not produce a text file. It creates a grass folder with *.cgid files.

image.png

13 hours ago, z929669 said:

You should generate the grass cache but not the grass LOD. You should also use the 'performance' mesh rules suggested when running DynDOLOD.

I'll try to improve these instructions.

See the latest Post-Relese Changes > Guide notes

Thank you for the answer. I generated grass cache and didn't generated LOD's for grass. Figured intuitively that grass LOD's are going hand in hand with 21 Post-Processing. Also I made two versions of DynDOLOD's: First with medium presets and performance options and Second with high presets and optimal options to test on my laptop. I see around 7-10 FPS drop outside of Whiterun and Riften.

DynDOLODs.thumb.jpg.972617e005dc08c70ce0fba2f522c380.jpg

Also what I saw that High presets with optimal options is much better looking than Medium presets with performance options.

Medium-Performance:

DynDOLOD-Medium.thumb.jpg.16df23140f2b811bcdd448520c4931eb.jpg

High-Optimal:

DynDOLOD-High.thumb.jpg.2b91dc5587a258bf3bf2b4a898f93bfa.jpg

Thank you for your answers, I really appreciate them.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 12:09 AM, d2eRX52 said:

i've been looking into the step cr patch in sseedit (i was just making sure that mod i've added has no overlap with it)
and i've noticed that for some reason cr patch changes height of DarkElfRaceVampire back to vanilla one, from Lore-Corrected Races variant

is there any particular reason why is it this way?

also it reverts deletion of brows in lcr of darkelfracevampire and wood elf race vampire

I think you're post got overlooked. I didn't make the patches this time but can take a look over the next couple of days. @z929669 may be able to answer faster.