Game with general quests in English

Bren-ar-kamalar

Question

Hello,

As indicated in my profile, I'm a French speaker and I'd like to keep the game in French. Recently I found myself with the voices in French but the quests in English. I can't work out which mod might be responsible, as I don't usually add quests to mods.

Is there an ini value that could solve this problem? I'm not very used to using ini files. With a few exceptions I use bethini for that.

I haven't done the next gen update, I think it's far too early to do that.

Do you have any idea about the possible cause of this problem?

2 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bren-ar-kamalar said:

Hello,

As indicated in my profile, I'm a French speaker and I'd like to keep the game in French. Recently I found myself with the voices in French but the quests in English. I can't work out which mod might be responsible, as I don't usually add quests to mods.

Is there an ini value that could solve this problem? I'm not very used to using ini files. With a few exceptions I use bethini for that.

I haven't done the next gen update, I think it's far too early to do that.

Do you have any idea about the possible cause of this problem?

If you've strictly followed the guide, you' re likely going to find some english lines in the game.

You need to translate some mods yourself as all of them haven't been translated. Mods like Workshop Rearranged for exemple.

If you need, i can share with you, my almost complete, eet files for ESP - ESM Translator:

Here: ESP-ESM Translator (Nexus) or here: ESP-ESM Translator (La Confrérie des Traducteurs)

You'll find everything you need to properly use it with the link from La Confrérie des Traducteurs, it's pretty simple and effective.

For the "Next Gen Modpocalypse update" just don't do it as you won't be able to properly use STEP guide with it installed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si tu as suivi le guide STEP à la lettre sans rien ajouter de plus, tu auras de l'anglais dans ton jeu.

Il faut que tu traduises certain mods toi même parcequ'ils n'ont pas tous été traduits, par exemple Workshop Rearranged et d'autres.

Si tu as besoin, je peux te partager mes fichiers eet pour que tu puisses traduire toi même. Ils sont à peine traduit à 100% mais il y a déjà du taf fait dessus.

Il te faudra ESP - ESM Tranlator que tu trouveras ici: ESP-ESM Translator (Nexus) ou là: ESP-ESM Translator (La Confrérie des Traducteurs)

Sur la Confrérie des Traducteurs, tu trouveras aussi un tuto complet, c'est simple à utiliser et efficace.

Pour la maj " Modpocalypse Next Gen" je te déconseille de la faire maintenant, tu ne pourras pas utiliser la guide STEP sans problèmes si tu l'installe.

Edited by Manos
  • Thanks 1

There would need to be string localization settings for French in the mod I would think.

Moved into the Q&A subforum to make it easier for others in need to find via Google.

Mano's answer flagged as a possible solution.