Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

For vanilla game - nothing I suppose, you will grow in strength to the sky, you will become godlike.

For this install - you will certainly find worthy opponents on high levels.

Personally, I would like to play without any levels but with improvements as you progress, but such thing for skyrim is fairy tale for now... Skyrim is too binded to levelling.

I'm back from lurking. I've found out that Uncapper and NoSkill Limit works together without problem, since NSL just edits global value and Skyrim Uncapper are main rule in this case.

We don't need any patches for NSL if no mods loaded after change this value.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could also just use higher level enemies mod... Best NPC leveling mod out there imo.

Has an option so only leaders and bosses are equal to your level while the henchmen are weaker like vanilla.

Or an option so ALL enemies scale to your level regardless.

It is compatible with ASIS for perks and skills etc. At least as far as I have tested by consoling myself to level 60.

Couldn't you create a deleveled Skyrim by either using Community Capper to cap the skills at your starting values or use BYOG to to do the same thing or to reduce the XP/action to such a low value that you never level up?

it will be huge work to adapt radiance and quests to this 1st levelled game. :) Also it will be incompartible to all mods that alters levelled lists.

Aiyen, 

nonono, SkyRe + ASIS is enough for know:)

According to this post on the SkyRe thread, the perk changes for ASIS relating to SkyRe should be changed. Instead of appending to the [PERKSEXCLUSIONSSTARTSWITH] section, the [PERKSEXCLUSIONSCONTAINS] section should be appended with:

xxxDESArcaneArtOfTrapping
xxxSNESharpshooter
xxxLIWOnslaught
xxxAlterationAnimunculi
xxxCONBoneMastery
xxxCONTheUnending
xxxFINTreasureHunter
xxxSPETradesOfWar
xxxSNEAmbush
xxxHIWReapersVerdict
xxxMARFlanking
xxxMARProminentFlanker
xxxMARPrey
xxxLIWHornetsSting
xxxHIWImpale
xxxSPEMasquerade

Apparently, excluding Geomancy from ASIS is incorrect - ArcaneArtOfTrapping should be excluded instead. But the short list should work - just add it on top of the existing entries in [PERKEXCLUSIONSCONTAINS].

According to this post on the SkyRe thread' date=' the perk changes for ASIS relating to SkyRe should be changed. Instead of appending to the [PERKSEXCLUSIONSSTARTSWITH'] section, the [PERKSEXCLUSIONSCONTAINS] section should be appended with:

xxxDESArcaneArtOfTrapping
xxxSNESharpshooter
xxxLIWOnslaught
xxxAlterationAnimunculi
xxxCONBoneMastery
xxxCONTheUnending
xxxFINTreasureHunter
xxxSPETradesOfWar
xxxSNEAmbush
xxxHIWReapersVerdict
xxxMARFlanking
xxxMARProminentFlanker
xxxMARPrey
xxxLIWHornetsSting
xxxHIWImpale
xxxSPEMasquerade

Apparently, excluding Geomancy from ASIS is incorrect - ArcaneArtOfTrapping should be excluded instead. But the short list should work - just add it on top of the existing entries in [PERKEXCLUSIONSCONTAINS].

Oh, wow, it's actually my post on the Nexus :D.

First: Greetings. Just registered - been lurking for a few weeks on this forum (quite useful even if I don't follow whole STEP, it's good reference tool), while updating my modding skills and preparing set of mods to start playing Skyrim. I deliberately waited for the mod community and tools to mature. Too many Beth games tend to be quite disappointing unmodded - mostly gameplay wise sadly. And don't get me started, on they crappy, stiff, mechanical animation system (sadly, good mods in animation area are rare, and can't do too much).

Second (and on topic): thanks for creating this guide. Just few days ago I was googling and browsing/reading on the subject and information was hard too find (and contradicting BOSS reports vs. SkyRe author's statement of compatibility was worrying me). I decided early, that I'm going with the SkyRe, but AI and spell/perk distribution of ASIS was something I wanted, if I can only get it (not interested in spawns, never suffered lack of enemies to kill in Beth game - tedious-hacking-combat and unrewarding levelling system is my problem). I'll be checking this thread, and if I find anything more to contribute, I'll be sure to bring it up here.

Third: in one of early posts (#4), you seems to mix up a bit MoMod (which is the one banned) with SkyTEST.

I'm currently using SkyTEST (but if it can cause problems, I will give it some more though and read).

Hmmm... MoMod... On the one hand, yes, his model are impressive.

On the other hand, I had some bad experiences with MoMod for Fallout new Vegas. I may not be lore fanatic, but I care a lot about this things, as world mythology is the principle of immersion for me. I may like some occasional Eyecandy, like Tauriel companion, but things like out of place monsters at every corner (or skimpy armor and perfect body for every famale: Offtop, but tried and hated it few games before), does not add to the game for me. And, at last FNV: MoMod was quite gamebreaking (gameplay wise). Spawns were wild and totally unbalanced.

What more, author of the MoMod was banned for stealing resources. Millenia's (quite genius Nexus Texture artist, if sb don't know this) among others. More details here:  https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/853921-dogtown1-banned/

But I'll be happy to read about your experiences.

Fourth: I have to test it some more to be sure - I'm still struggling to stabilize by framerate and eliminate quite frequent FPS drops in some condition, but does ASIS cause performance issues (or have potential to do so) in heavy populated areas (I'm only in Whiterun) - I mean because of the changes to NPCs behaviour?

And at the end, of this lengthy post (sorry!) one more question/suggestion. I haven't really fighted any dragons yet (why play, when you can mod? ;)). SkyRe fight are rather fast paced (wchich I like) - but how's your experience with Deadly Dragons? Of course I want Dragons challenging. But stories about skirmishes that last days give me a bit of pause: are the enjoyable or tedious? Any suggestion for DD settings, to play nice with SkyRe-ASIS combination, or should I leave it as is?

(snip)

Third: in one of early posts (#4), you seems to mix up a bit MoMod (which is the one banned) with SkyTEST.

I'm currently using SkyTEST (but if it can cause problems, I will give it some more though and read).

The issue with SkyTest, as I understand it, was stability.  (There was never any hint that he misappropriated other people's work AFAIK!) People using it found they had a higher rate of CTDs when they used it compared to when they did not.  IIRC correctly there was a fairly lengthy back and forth on Skyrim Revisited where the various commentors came to that conclusion.  Most of them quite liked the mod so were disappointed when they realized this.  I can't remember if they speculated it was scripts, additional spawn points, textures, some combination of factors or what that led to a much higher rate of CTDs when using them with a somewhat heaviliy modded Skyrim but they did not uncover any fix that would allow them to use the mod.

If you go back and search the SR archive (and maybe STEP too) you should find the conversation... unless I've finally gone senile and am hallucinating the whole thing.

Fourth: I have to test it some more to be sure - I'm still struggling to stabilize by framerate and eliminate quite frequent FPS drops in some condition, but does ASIS cause performance issues (or have potential to do so) in heavy populated areas (I'm only in Whiterun) - I mean because of the changes to NPCs behaviour?

Some things that people around here pointed out that helped me quite a bit regarding this:

• DDSOpt your textures (including the Beth/HRDLC ones and the big ones in "Foundation" except WATER), reduce them to 2048, then 1/2 size your normals.  If you don't do at least some of this and you run a lot of texture mods you will have CTDs.
  • Do not implement the z-Fighting corrections to your Skyrim and skyrimperfs .ini if you have infinite loading screens.
  • Drop the Skyrim prefers for shadows back down a bit to
  • iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
  • iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=2048

First: Greetings. Just registered - been lurking for a few weeks on this forum (quite useful even if I don't follow whole STEP, it's good reference tool), while updating my modding skills and preparing set of mods to start playing Skyrim. I deliberately waited for the mod community and tools to mature. Too many Beth games tend to be quite disappointing unmodded - mostly gameplay wise sadly. And don't get me started, on they crappy, stiff, mechanical animation system (sadly, good mods in animation area are rare, and can't do too much).

Second (and on topic): thanks for creating this guide. Just few days ago I was googling and browsing/reading on the subject and information was hard too find (and contradicting BOSS reports vs. SkyRe author's statement of compatibility was worrying me). I decided early, that I'm going with the SkyRe, but AI and spell/perk distribution of ASIS was something I wanted, if I can only get it (not interested in spawns, never suffered lack of enemies to kill in Beth game - tedious-hacking-combat and unrewarding levelling system is my problem). I'll be checking this thread, and if I find anything more to contribute, I'll be sure to bring it up here.

Hmmm... MoMod... On the one hand, yes, his model are impressive.

On the other hand, I had some bad experiences with MoMod for Fallout new Vegas. I may not be lore fanatic, but I care a lot about this things, as world mythology is the principle of immersion for me. And, at last FNV: MoMod was quite gamebreaking (gameplay wise). Spawns were wild and totally unbalanced.

But I'll be happy to read about your experiences.

And at the end, of this lengthy post (sorry!) one more question/suggestion. I haven't really fighted any dragons yet (why play, when you can mod? ;)). SkyRe fight are rather fast paced (wchich I like) - but how's your experience with Deadly Dragons? Of course I want Dragons challenging. But stories about skirmishes that last days give me a bit of pause: are the enjoyable or tedious? Any suggestion for DD settings, to play nice with SkyRe-ASIS combination, or should I leave it as is?

1. Welcome, Brighty!:)

2. No problem - it's my thanks to modders community for making awesome mods and guides.

3. Yes MoMod lore-friendly version is listed here, I even played with it and all staff in guide (not long sadly - lack of time).

Lore-friendly patch alters levelled list, deletes lore-unfriendly:) monsters from spawn.

As alternative there is another creature mod (SIC).

4. ASIS should not cause performance issues, as it modifies combat AI, not all behavior.

5. This guide contains no mods that changes dragons (contains edits to prevent alteration of dragons).

As I installed Skyrim Revisited, and thus Deadly dragons, I think they are deadly enougth:)

One firebreath can kill you, couple of hits can kill you, and it was a first dragon I met) Looks realistic to me, I enjoyed:)

I player with deadly dragons without any tweaks by my side.

Some things that people around here pointed out that helped me quite a bit regarding this:

• DDSOpt your textures (including the Beth/HRDLC ones and the big ones in "Foundation" except WATER), reduce them to 2048, then 1/2 size your normals. If you don't do at least some of this and you run a lot of texture mods you will have CTDs.
  • Do not implement the z-Fighting corrections to your Skyrim and skyrimperfs .ini if you have infinite loading screens.
  • Drop the Skyrim prefers for shadows back down a bit to
  • iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
  • iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=2048

This is covered in the Skyrim Revisited walk-through, correct?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.