Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mighty Magick Skyrim arrives to the guide

I had no idea Damar was still going strong after all these years, that's awesome. One of my proudest moments in the TES modding community was earning a mention in MM after I helped him out with some-damn-thing-or-other way back when. Awesome. Nice work Iroha!

EDIT: Oh. MM has a sticky up; for RL reasons Damar has quit modding (again), so MM may not be supported in the future. Not sure how much that matters given we're almost certainly on the "final" version of Skyrim now, but still. Dammit, now I feel like one of those damned memes where "first I was like :) then I was like :(" or something.

awww it is cheating to just upload the fixed .esp´s :P Here I had looked forward to seeing the walls of text involved in making those two compatible!

But good job! Very nice addition to the guide indeed!

Haha, If I would document every performed operation may be I would finish in January:)

I had no idea Damar was still going strong after all these years, that's awesome. One of my proudest moments in the TES modding community was earning a mention in MM after I helped him out with some-damn-thing-or-other way back when. Awesome. Nice work Iroha!

EDIT: Oh. MM has a sticky up; for RL reasons Damar has quit modding (again), so MM may not be supported in the future. Not sure how much that matters given we're almost certainly on the "final" version of Skyrim now, but still. Dammit, now I feel like one of those damned memes where "first I was like :) then I was like :(" or something.

He is strong:) I know that he stoped modding due to fire in his apartment and losses of all data, it's really pity, but MM runs like clockwork. I hope Damar will return to modding, besides, I feel that with next version of skyre many things, and compatibility patch with MM definetly should be redone from zero:)

PS And thanks for the kind responses!

Safest upgrade instruction for existing characters

1. Prepare your save before activating MM esps.

a) load desired save.

b) go to interior. Wonderful, if it's free from NPC's, but it's optional.

c) undress your character. Completely.

d) type in console player.dispelalleffects  This will dispell all non-constant, non-scripted effects

e) remove all vanilla spells your character have, except flames and healing by console or spell eraser power.  No need to erase new spells provided by mods.

f) drink potion of respec. Add through the console If you don't have one.

g) save in new slot and exit game.

2. Activate Mighty Magic esps (ones that I uploaded).

3. Re-build Bashed Patch.

4. Re-run SUM.

5. replace qotsafans Miscellaneous ReProccer + Destruction Tweak 50 Patch.esp with my edited version.

6. load game, wait until messages about adding new spellbooks to vendors will appear.

7. Dress your character. Ok, I'm joking, it is not necessary. Sleep/wait 48-72 hours. It should be done to restock merchants.

8. save in new slot. Just for the case if you will SUDDENLY CTD:)

9. play.

FYI in step 1. d) it should be player.dispelallspells I think.

Safest upgrade instruction for existing characters

1. Prepare your save before activating MM esps.

a) load desired save.

b) go to interior. Wonderful, if it's free from NPC's, but it's optional.

c) undress your character. Completely.

d) type in console player.dispelallspells  This will dispell all non-constant, non-scripted effects

e) remove all vanilla spells your character have, except flames and healing by console or spell eraser power.  No need to erase new spells provided by mods.

f) drink potion of respec. Add through the console If you don't have one.

g) save in new slot and exit game.

2. Activate Mighty Magic esps (ones that I uploaded).

3. Re-build Bashed Patch.

4. Re-run SUM.

5. replace qotsafans Miscellaneous ReProccer + Destruction Tweak 50 Patch.esp with my edited version.

6. load game, wait until messages about adding new spellbooks to vendors will appear.

7. Dress your character. Ok, I'm joking, it is not necessary. Sleep/wait 48-72 hours. It should be done to restock merchants.

8. save in new slot. Just for the case if you will SUDDENLY CTD:)

9. play.

I'm guessing for new game only steps 2-6 are necessary and no other actions required?

Hi All.  I've set everything up with Skyrim revisited and SkyRe as set forth in the guides.  Some things are slightly different for me, such as not having hearthfire and not installing some of the addons like ASIS and some others from the SR list.  I get the game to start find, but I'm having a CTD right about when we're going to get off the cart in the beginning of the game.  Also, the thalmor guy on his horse starts to fly up into the air when he firsts spawns and continues to do so up until the CTD point, so I'm not sure if it's crashing because he reaches the top of the world or not.  I'm hoping one of you might have an idea of a particular mod I need to edit to get him to stop flying up in the air, and maybe that will fix my CTD problem.

Edit: I reloaded a couple times and sometimes he's not on a horse (I saw a dead horse in a corner of Helgen though), so I have no idea what is making it crash. It's happening right when he says "end of the line."

Edit2: I ran my old profile with the original skyrim revisited setup (used backup versions of overwrite and skyrim folders). I ran into the same problem. Is it really necessary for me to have hearthfire, or would it be possible to install most of these without it?

Hi All.  I've set everything up with Skyrim revisited and SkyRe as set forth in the guides.  Some things are slightly different for me, such as not having hearthfire and not installing some of the addons like ASIS and some others from the SR list.  I get the game to start find, but I'm having a CTD right about when we're going to get off the cart in the beginning of the game.  Also, the thalmor guy on his horse starts to fly up into the air when he firsts spawns and continues to do so up until the CTD point, so I'm not sure if it's crashing because he reaches the top of the world or not.  I'm hoping one of you might have an idea of a particular mod I need to edit to get him to stop flying up in the air, and maybe that will fix my CTD problem.

Edit: I reloaded a couple times and sometimes he's not on a horse (I saw a dead horse in a corner of Helgen though), so I have no idea what is making it crash. It's happening right when he says "end of the line."

Edit2: I ran my old profile with the original skyrim revisited setup (used backup versions of overwrite and skyrim folders). I ran into the same problem. Is it really necessary for me to have hearthfire, or would it be possible to install most of these without it?

reset your video driver settings for skyrim. inspect all plugins in wrye bash with not green checkbox for missing masters

I reset my skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files and checked through wrye and didn't find any missing masters (just some pink ones that it says might be out of order). Still having the same problem though.

reset video driver settings for skyrim

Couple of things I've noticed thus far. There's some redundant perks in the illusion tree.  The dual cast perk in the bottom of the tree allows you to affect automatons, daedra, and undead, but so does the Master of Mind perk higher in the tree. I prefer such a perk being accessible lower in the tree, because otherwise it makes starting out as an illusionist pretty difficult. Your spells are useless against the Draugr you find in almost every dungeon.

Also, I was wondering if you altered Mighty Magick's Voice module to take into account Skyre's Voice-oriented speech perks or Frostfall/Cloaks of Skyrim's voice cooldown reducing items. 

Quoted for reference

This simple module allows your Voice powers to scale as your character progresses. The scaling works as follows:

Shout cooldowns will be reduced as you shout more. At 200 shouts, the cooldown reduction will cap at 20%. Combine with an Amulet of Talos and a Blessing of Talos for a 60% reduction.

Shout magnitudes will grow as your character grows.

Your shouts become 1% more powerful for every 10 base Health above 100 (not affected by Fortify Health effect)

Your shouts become 1% more powerful for every 10 base Magicka above 100 (not affected by Fortify Magicka effect)

Your shouts become 1% more powerful for every 10 base Stamina above 100 (not affected by Fortify Stamina effect)

Your shouts become 1% more powerful for every 1 Dragon Soul you absorb

Your shouts become 1% more powerful for every 20 times you Shout

Unlike cooldown cap, there is no cap on possible shout magnitude increase, so sky is the limit, so help you Kyne.

The unlimited magnitude increase seems like it could get pretty over-powered on it's own.  I had been playing a sword and shield nord who shuns magic and only focuses on shouts.  With the speech perks from SkyRe plus Mighty Magick's magnitude increase, it could get out of hand. Not to mention all the cooldown reductions: 20% from Mighty Magick, 30% from skyre perks, Blessing of Talos, Amulet of Talos, Fur Backpack with Talos Amulet, and Greybeards Mantle (the buff of which shows up twice in active effects). 

Couple of things I've noticed thus far. There's some redundant perks in the illusion tree.  The dual cast perk in the bottom of the tree allows you to affect automatons, daedra, and undead, but so does the Master of Mind perk higher in the tree. I prefer such a perk being accessible lower in the tree, because otherwise it makes starting out as an illusionist pretty difficult. Your spells are useless against the Draugr you find in almost every dungeon.

Also, I was wondering if you altered Mighty Magick's Voice module to take into account Skyre's Voice-oriented speech perks or Frostfall/Cloaks of Skyrim's voice cooldown reducing items. 

Quoted for reference

This simple module allows your Voice powers to scale as your character progresses. The scaling works as follows:

Shout cooldowns will be reduced as you shout more. At 200 shouts, the cooldown reduction will cap at 20%. Combine with an Amulet of Talos and a Blessing of Talos for a 60% reduction.

Shout magnitudes will grow as your character grows.

Your shouts become 1% more powerful for every 10 base Health above 100 (not affected by Fortify Health effect)

Your shouts become 1% more powerful for every 10 base Magicka above 100 (not affected by Fortify Magicka effect)

Your shouts become 1% more powerful for every 10 base Stamina above 100 (not affected by Fortify Stamina effect)

Your shouts become 1% more powerful for every 1 Dragon Soul you absorb

Your shouts become 1% more powerful for every 20 times you Shout

Unlike cooldown cap, there is no cap on possible shout magnitude increase, so sky is the limit, so help you Kyne.

The unlimited magnitude increase seems like it could get pretty over-powered on it's own.  I had been playing a sword and shield nord who shuns magic and only focuses on shouts.  With the speech perks from SkyRe plus Mighty Magick's magnitude increase, it could get out of hand. Not to mention all the cooldown reductions: 20% from Mighty Magick, 30% from skyre perks, Blessing of Talos, Amulet of Talos, Fur Backpack with Talos Amulet, and Greybeards Mantle (the buff of which shows up twice in active effects). 

if dualcast illusion perk affects udead, automatons and others - it forces you to use both hands, with master of mind 1-hand will be enough I think, and it placed in tree as high as in vanilla. Besides, master of mind is required for MM perk, called "phantasmagoria".

About voice cooldowns, as I see, it's controlled by quest-script which modifies hidden perk, for now it's hard enough to understand what should be changed to nerf voice empowering by mighty magick, but if you want I can nerf skyre perk (or you can do it yourself), and intergrate in compatibility patch:) But the best way to fix issue will be altering global cap for shouts cooldown reduction, I just don't know which GameSettings values we need to change.

Voicepower magnitude may be controlled by quest script.

PS no one forces you to cheat:)

PSS I think, Cov, that you won't have time to empower your shouts very much. Because with update of skyre, perhaps I will choose another magic overhaul, author of which has not lost the sources needed for further development and editing. In that case, I will attach instruction for proper uninstallation of Mighty magick, of course:)

PS no one forces you to cheat:)

And this is the most crucial sentence in this post. I don't really understand why people complain about exploits like this... Even in vanilla game you can use console to overpower yourself, no? Or just turn god mode on and happily start smashing giants at level 1. But you don't do it. So why would you exploit the above? Effectively, there is no difference between equipping all those items and reducing shout cooldown to 1 second and reducing shout cooldown to 1 second using console command.

If you want to cheat, you will ALWAYS find a way to do so. But why spoil the fun?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.