Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

PS no one forces you to cheat:)

And this is the most crucial sentence in this post. I don't really understand why people complain about exploits like this... Even in vanilla game you can use console to overpower yourself, no? Or just turn god mode on and happily start smashing giants at level 1. But you don't do it. So why would you exploit the above? Effectively, there is no difference between equipping all those items and reducing shout cooldown to 1 second and reducing shout cooldown to 1 second using console command.

If you want to cheat, you will ALWAYS find a way to do so. But why spoil the fun?

Yeah, I thought about mentioning that in my post. I suppose I could just not wear certain gear, or take certain perks. That's often a common response when there's balance issues like this in games. But there's something unsatisfying about it. It feels like you're gimping yourself.  It's a more satisfying feeling to have challenging gameplay and just enough tools to meet the challenge.  It seems like that's a major point of mods like SkyRe.  They remove exploits like the crafting cycle, 100% spell cost reduction, make the game more challenging, and then give you new tools to meet the challenge. 

I hope that I don't come off as being critical. I am very appreciative of Iroha's work, and the work of other helpful forum members here.  I don't think I'd be currently playing Skyrim without you. I was just wondering if you'd changed anything, and at the same time trying to put in my two cents of feedback.

You're right about the Master of the Mind perk, I didn't think about using illusion spells one-handed, so that's a perfectly good reason to leave it. 

For now I'll just wear different gear and remove perks until I feel my character's voice power is properly balanced. Thanks for response!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately' date=' with complex games like that it's nearly impossible to avoid potential exploit tools. I've always said that any game is just as much fun, as you make it! :)[/quote']

Yeah, if you've got that kind of discipline and mindset.  But I like the thrill of finding an awesome sword, or a good piece of gear. Like the quest line to get Gauldur's amulet. Or the work that goes into raising your smithing skill to make an epic set of armor.  It's kind of a let down when you can't use it because it'd make you overpowered. :( 

And I do practice some forms of self-restriction to avoid becoming overpowered. Like I tend to pick a theme for a character and only pick perks/spells/gear that would suit them.  Right now I've got a nord who only uses swords, shields and shouts.  I have a wood elf archer who only uses nature/animal oriented spells/shouts. A pyromancer who only uses (you guessed it) fire abilities. And an illusionist who only uses mind oriented spells and phantom-like conjurations. Then I tend to pick only one (sometimes two) of the crafting skills that fit my character. 

But all that feels fun. It's an immersive role play I can get into. It's still early in my modified playthrough though. My highest character is 18, and I hear SkyRe can get pretty challenging as you progress. Plus I can always bump up the difficulty, though I've read SkyRe doesn't scale smoothly with increased vanilla difficulty settings.  

BTW, do any of you have any suggestions as to where one might learn this type of modding? I'd like to be able to do something like get into a mod and change it to suit my personal preferences. 

Most issues with difficulty etc. are simple scaling numbers that are fairly easy to edit in tes5edit. If you already have a mod that does this, then you can just open it up and alter the values to fit your play style.

For example MM.. you can find the magnitude values rather easily, and then just input your own and voila!

As for the general "cheating" in TES games. It is impossible to get entirely rid off without ruining the fun entirely. I do agree that stuff like enchanting is just broken and should never have been released in that state. Smithing is also another thing where an extra depth layer would not have hurt at all. It is just not gratifying that you can just spam make the same item 10000 times and call yourself a master smith at all things.

Most issues with difficulty etc. are simple scaling numbers that are fairly easy to edit in tes5edit. If you already have a mod that does this, then you can just open it up and alter the values to fit your play style.

For example MM.. you can find the magnitude values rather easily, and then just input your own and voila!

As for the general "cheating" in TES games. It is impossible to get entirely rid off without ruining the fun entirely. I do agree that stuff like enchanting is just broken and should never have been released in that state. Smithing is also another thing where an extra depth layer would not have hurt at all. It is just not gratifying that you can just spam make the same item 10000 times and call yourself a master smith at all things.

Agreed.

Yeah, I love to RP my characters, I've posted about this somewhere here a few times  Check my STEP page from my signature, I list my chars there (there's only 1 for now, but more to come).

Hey I've downloaded your wallpapers before!

Just thought I'd throw my (admittedly amateur) work up here in getting Crafting 300 - Armoury of Tamriel and SkyRe to play nice with each other.  They mostly do thanks to the ReProccer, but there were a few issues that cropped up:

• Imperial-style weapons were all Steel-based due to the Imperial keyword.  SOLUTION: Remove the "Imperial" material keyword from stats.xml.
  • Nordic-style (Steel) weapons were all Steel-based due to the Nordic keyword.  SOLUTION: Renamed all non-steel Nordic weapons "Norden" to bypass the keyword (in attached patch file).
  • Orcish-style weapons were all Orichalcum-based due to the Orcish keyword.  SOLUTION: Renamed all non-orichalcum Orcish weapons "Orcen" to bypass the keyword (in the attached patch file...I wanted to just call them "Orsimer" but that keyword is taken in the stats.xml too...)
  • Redguard-style weapons were all erroneously reprocced as broadswords, as well as being Steel-based.  SOLUTION: Rename Redguard swords as Redguard Scimitars (in patch file).  Remove the "Redguard" material keyword from stats.xml
  • Akaviri-style weapons were tagged as broadswords and greatswords.  SOLUTION: Renamed in patch file to katanas and nodachis.
  • Silver weapons were tagged as Imperial material type to be sorted into the renamed Imperial section of the forge menu which caused several issues.  SOLUTION:  Rename "SILVER" section back to "IMPERIAL" and change the Imperial keyword to Silver on all such weapons.  This unfortunately puts them under the MISC section in the forge menu now but I haven't figured out how to fix that.  It does mean the reproccer properly generates Refined Silver versions of all of them now if you have the Deep Silver perk and they have the proper weapon stats.

I also pulled forward any fixes from the USP that I saw, so it's really a combined C300-USP-SkyRe patch I guess.  It took me a couple hours to do this, so I figured I'd give back by sharing my patch file if anyone was interested.  You'll still need to make the two changes to stats.xml I mentioned above on your own (and back up the original before you do...I had a hell of a time editing it as every XML editor I tried would cause the ReProccer to choke...had to use Wordpad).

Use BUM to sort the patch file "bottom" of "SkyRe" and place in your Crafting 300 mod folder.

I'm sure someone will tell me I could've done this better, and especially that the names "Norden" and "Orcen" suck (and I agree!)...but all the appropriate ones were already taken up by stats.xml keywords :(  This is my first major attempt at doing a compatibility patch with TES5Edit, using what I learned from SR!

C300-SkyRe Patch.zip

Suggestion for the guide when installing SkyRe, Arcane Archery and Enchanted Quiver perks in the enchanting skill tree are bugged atm, at least until SkyRe v1.3 is out, looking around SkyRe bug thread I managed to find a hotfix made for this specific issue, so you might want to include it in the guide.Here are the links to both forum thread and file itself:

forum thread:  https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/563161-t3nd0s-perk-overhaul/?p=7912343 

hotfix: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9Sx9Nv4zvr-bFRNRWlQTWJUS2s/edit 

I am trying to follow this guide but I have run into a problem and would love a little help.

- I've installed Skyrim Revisited (leaving out lots of trickier mods - I am NOT using Automatic Varients or Duel Sheath Redux for example) and it works (!!)

- I've installed Skyrim Redone from this guide ONLY (ie not duel, or asis, or any of those complex mods) up to Stage 10.X

At this point I am able to start the game and play thought the intro no problem.

However, as soon as I attempt to install and run the ReProccer thingies the game CTDs on startup and I can no longer play. I read through the rest of this thread and I think it might have something to do with me having both SUM and REPROCC ESPS (?) but I can't rename sum.esp to reprocc.esp because I already have a reprocc.esp.

Three questions:

1) do I even need to run and install the ReProcc thingies to play the game if they are very complicated? Or will I regret it later?

2) Other people on other forums seem to have no problem using the ReProcc thingies. But they appear to be doing it in a much easier way than me - for example I am following the guide in the OP (I am using Mod Organizer) which seems to make it very complicated (I have both SUM and REPROCC and I'm never sure what I should be using or not). I think it should be simpler for me because I don't need SUM otherwise because I don't use Automatic Variants or Duel sheath Redux ; but no matter what I do as soon as I install and run the ReProccer I can't play anymore.

3) One final question - when I start the game in Mod Organiser, should I have all mods and esps and bsa's ticked? At present I have:

(i) all mods ticked on left panel

(ii) all esps ticked except the ones unticked in Wrye Bash (step 29 of OP): ie, Reproccer.esp, Sum.esp, MoveIt.esp and Traps_make noise.esp are unticked. There are lots more confusing unticked mods here if I install and run the reprocc thingies.

(ii) I only ticked the BSAs that had the danger sign. Other bsas remained unticked.

Is that correct?

I hope that was clear. I apologise for my terminology, but I have learned a huge amount following these guides so thank you very much Iroha.

UPDATE 1: I can install and run the normal ReProccer (Step 11) and run the game fine when I completely remove SUM from my computer (thus ignoring this guide). So that is another step closer to success!

UPDATE 2: I can even install and run the Balbour and Steelsouls Reproccer and play the game - only one problem left! - the bloody patches.

UPDATE 3: And I finally managed to install the final patches correctly, then I made the bashed patch correctly (!) and then I ticked the boxes of the esps of the last three patches (????) and the game actually loaded! I think I did it! I can finally play Skyrim after spending a week on these cruel mods. 

Even though I managed to unwittingly solve this by myself (the problem was basicaly SUM - I had to search in all different folders and delete it everywhere it appeared in my computer before the game would work - bizarre), the very act of posting my problem here in this thread gave me the confidence to try and work it out for myself - so thank you all very much anyway!

Three questions:

1) do I even need to run and install the ReProcc thingies to play the game if they are very complicated? Or will I regret it later?

2) Other people on other forums seem to have no problem using the ReProcc thingies. But they appear to be doing it in a much easier way than me - for example I am following the guide in the OP (I am using Mod Organizer) which seems to make it very complicated (I have both SUM and REPROCC and I'm never sure what I should be using or not). I think it should be simpler for me because I don't need SUM otherwise because I don't use Automatic Variants or Duel sheath Redux ; but no matter what I do as soon as I install and run the ReProccer I can't play anymore.

3) One final question - when I start the game in Mod Organiser, should I have all mods and esps and bsa's ticked? At present I have:

(i) all mods ticked on left panel

(ii) all esps ticked except the ones unticked in Wrye Bash (step 29 of OP): ie, Reproccer.esp, Sum.esp, MoveIt.esp and Traps_make noise.esp are unticked. There are lots more confusing unticked mods here if I install and run the reprocc thingies.

(ii) I only ticked the BSAs that had the danger sign. Other bsas remained unticked.

Is that correct?

I hope that was clear. I apologise for my terminology, but I have learned a huge amount following these guides so thank you very much Iroha.

UPDATE 1: I can install and run the normal ReProccer (Step 11) and run the game fine when I completely remove SUM from my computer (thus ignoring this guide). So that is another step closer to success!

UPDATE 2: I can even install and run the Balbour and Steelsouls Reproccer and play the game - only one problem left! - the bloody patches.

1) yes, you need, they are very important for such big installation like SR

2) SUM is simple solution to run multiple patchers, if you have 1-2 - you can run them manually. But with SUM you will get the same with just 2 clicks

3) bsa with danger sign loaded autromatically because you have esps, no need to tick anything in BSA's tab except main skyrim -*.bsa's (they should be checked always, and greyed if names in ini's identical with bsa files (big letters must be big, small - must be mall)). hrdlc bsa's should be unticked.

If you CTD on startup - 99% that you are missing masters. ASIS for exmple can import some plugins without importing they msters, and CTD is guaranteed, but

just follow the guide to the end, many questions will be gone.

UPD. Haha, I'm glad that you solved your problem:)

Just thought I'd throw my (admittedly amateur) work up here in getting Crafting 300 - Armoury of Tamriel and SkyRe to play nice with each other.  They mostly do thanks to the ReProccer' date=' but there were a few issues that cropped up:

• Imperial-style weapons were all Steel-based due to the Imperial keyword.  SOLUTION: Remove the "Imperial" material keyword from stats.xml.
  • Nordic-style (Steel) weapons were all Steel-based due to the Nordic keyword.  SOLUTION: Renamed all non-steel Nordic weapons "Norden" to bypass the keyword (in attached patch file).
  • Orcish-style weapons were all Orichalcum-based due to the Orcish keyword.  SOLUTION: Renamed all non-orichalcum Orcish weapons "Orcen" to bypass the keyword (in the attached patch file...I wanted to just call them "Orsimer" but that keyword is taken in the stats.xml too...)
  • Redguard-style weapons were all erroneously reprocced as broadswords, as well as being Steel-based.  SOLUTION: Rename Redguard swords as Redguard Scimitars (in patch file).  Remove the "Redguard" material keyword from stats.xml
  • Akaviri-style weapons were tagged as broadswords and greatswords.  SOLUTION: Renamed in patch file to katanas and nodachis.
  • Silver weapons were tagged as Imperial material type to be sorted into the renamed Imperial section of the forge menu which caused several issues.  SOLUTION:  Rename "SILVER" section back to "IMPERIAL" and change the Imperial keyword to Silver on all such weapons.  This unfortunately puts them under the MISC section in the forge menu now but I haven't figured out how to fix that.  It does mean the reproccer properly generates Refined Silver versions of all of them now if you have the Deep Silver perk and they have the proper weapon stats.

I also pulled forward any fixes from the USP that I saw, so it's really a combined C300-USP-SkyRe patch I guess.  It took me a couple hours to do this, so I figured I'd give back by sharing my patch file if anyone was interested.  You'll still need to make the two changes to stats.xml I mentioned above on your own (and back up the original before you do...I had a hell of a time editing it as every XML editor I tried would cause the ReProccer to choke...had to use Wordpad).

Use BUM to sort the patch file "bottom" of "SkyRe" and place in your Crafting 300 mod folder.

I'm sure someone will tell me I could've done this better, and especially that the names "Norden" and "Orcen" suck (and I agree!)...but all the appropriate ones were already taken up by stats.xml keywords :(  This is my first major attempt at doing a compatibility patch with TES5Edit, using what I learned from SR![/quote']

added as 10.5. I not fan of smiting and I don't use it, but thanks:)

Suggestion for the guide when installing SkyRe' date=' Arcane Archery and Enchanted Quiver perks in the enchanting skill tree are bugged atm, at least until SkyRe v1.3 is out, looking around SkyRe bug thread I managed to find a hotfix made for this specific issue, so you might want to include it in the guide.Here are the links to both forum thread and file itself:

forum thread:  https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/563161-t3nd0s-perk-overhaul/?p=7912343 

hotfix: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9Sx9Nv4zvr-bFRNRWlQTWJUS2s/edit [/quote']

added as 10.6. Thanks

Question:

Since your guide is based to work w/ SR' date=' why download/isntall "No skill limit." if SR already have Uncapper?[/quote']

I believe No Limit Skill unlock the skill limit for NPCs, not the player character.

exactly

Found another little quirk. You need to make a custom BUM rule to sort Valor Armor.esp BOTTOM of SkyRe if you want to use it' date=' otherwise SkyRe overwrites it with "Tsun's Armor" which looks like Thieves' Guild armor...[/quote']

Didn't know about it since I use only supported by bodyslide cb++ armors and replacers.

Would be nice if someone will provide instructions for creation of compatibility patch or correct BUM rule(esp must be inspected for conflicts before that).

PS. If I didn't answered on someone's quiestions, sorry, I don't have much time now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.