Adding Sim Settlements

Hi guys, 

I recently installed all the mods included in Step Fallout 4 V1.0. So far it's working like a breeze, no crashes, absolutely stable. 

Back in the day I tried out the Mod "Sim Settlements" and I fricking loved it. I never was interested in the vanilla settlement aspect because base building always seems tedious and boring to me. So having settlers build their own settlements while I am just sort of a manager giving directions, and then seeing it grow over time naturally, just felt awesome and actually made me enjoy settlements. 

Hence I would love to include the sequel of the Mod, Sim Settlements 2, into my STEP Mods, but I want it to be as stable and optimized as possible since it's a huge mod and probably conflicts a lot with mods already included in STEP. Has anyone tried out adding the mod into the STEP build? What exactly do I need to look out for to optimize it and avoid major conflicts and instabilities? Thank you in advance!

Regards

Edited by CaptainDiabetes

My Base SS2 is as follows:

Sim Settlements 2 - Chapter 3

Sim Settlements 2 - Previsibines Expansion Pack,

• Download :
  • PRP SS2 Forwards Chapter 1
  • PRP SS2 Forwards Chapter 2
  • PRP SS2 Previsibines Expansion Pack

IDEK's Logistics Station 2

You have to create an ini file with the below settings. Name it "SS2Extended.ini":

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

bEnableProfiling=1

sDefaultLogOverlay=Papyrus

You also want to check out Suggested Mods | Sim Settlements 2 Wiki performance section. I use most of the mods there and most are used by STEP FO4 with the exception of Faster workshop and Longer power lines.

While SS2 has mostly original Form and EditorIDs there is a little crossover in the CELL, Location and WorldSpace records, it is a script heavy mod. That is why the papyrus ini is needed.

As for performance on a base STEP FO4 I can't say I have ever tried just that, I am a mod junky and like to push as much as I can and the STEP FO4 for me is a good base to build upon. As I am waiting for Starfield to settle down with the updates and a proper modding environment, I am getting back into redoing my FO4 setup, which I hope doesn't get wiped out by the forthcoming FO4 update.

Sim Settlements 2 is compatible with the Step Fallout 4 guide. I believe I patched two very minor record conflicts after adding it and the PRP patch, which really aren't anything to worry about. I think LOOT sorted it correctly, but you may want to double check that the Sim Settlements PRP patches are in the correct order.

I just added the Mod and it seemed to work fine right out of the box. The only issue I'm having right now is the SS2 HUD not showing up if I use a ccustom FallUI HUD setting. It only shows op if I use vanilla (which is way too big for my taste)