Pandora Behavior Engine+

ButchDiavolo

Posted (edited)

Solution for people using Root Builder

This is specifically a solution for people using Rootbuilder, which is fantastic, but sometimes requires experimentation when determining the proper file structure. This covers the behavior I saw from an improper install and what needs to be done for a proper install. I include my troubleshooting steps and process for solving them for other people to use so they can see how a wrong install looks and how to fix it.

I am having a problem running Pandora with it not seeing mods. I am using Rootbuilder and my "game root" folder is set up as my data folder, with mods that need to be installed next to my executable in a mod structure Root. This is fine for every dll, for instance enb works well with this setup.

Using Mod Organizer 2 on the most recent version of Skyrim AE. I am trying to get TKDodge RE to show up. Note that it works fine through Nemesis. I have Pandora set up to write to an output file, which I have activated.

1. Execute Pandora through Mod Organizer 2 - check!
  2. Click Pandora, XPSE32 patches, click Launch - check!
  3. What happens: Output window says 0 animations found.
  4. What I expected to happen: I expected to see at least one animation for TK Dodge.
  5. Nothing writes to the activated mod file, but meshes and engine output write to Override as well as a text file containing the list of mods that are patched. It only contains XPMSE and Pandora base in the list.

Things I have tried:

• Changing Pandora's location from a /root setup to a regular mod location setup.
  • Changing the location Mod Organizer 2 runs the executable from to my game directory (Game Root/data)
  • Having FNIS.esp checked and unchecked in the right panel
  • Changing the configuration to patch for normal and for debug (debug produced nothing at all!)
  • The overwrite folder creates a /root output with the default xpmse meshes.

No dice!

I have now solved my own problem! The file format for the rootbuilder mod for pandora must NOT be in a /Root setup. It should be in a regular mod setup (next to the meta.ini). The executable must be selected from that location. You do not need to establish the data file or anything else for it to work. Unfortunately, when I dodge, I just roll in place, so something else is going on, but that's a different problem.

Now I have the proper output AND the files go into my output mod. :)

Pandora Mod 1 : Precision - v.1.0.0
Pandora Mod 2 : Extra Drawing Animations - v.1.0.0
Pandora Mod 3 : True Directional Movement - Procedural Leaning - v.1.0.0
Pandora Mod 4 : True Directional Movement - Headtracking - v.1.0.0
Pandora Mod 5 : TK Dodge RE / Ultimate Combat - v.1.0.0
Pandora Mod 6 : XPMSE Patch For Pandora - v.1.0.0
Pandora Mod 7 : Pandora Base - v.1.0.0

5 animations added to defaultfemale.
5 animations added to defaultmale.

10 total animations added.

Launch finished in 2.19 seconds

Here is a picture of a typical mod setup for Rootbuilder. It looks like any other mod.

Pandora-setup-for-rootbuilder.jpg

Here is a picture of the executable setup for Mod Organizer 2:

executable.jpg

This is probably overly explicit and redundant, but I couldn't find it written down explicitly for Rootbuilder users anywhere, so here you go!

Edited by Schroedingercat

Hello, I recently downloaded this and have the same issue as the other user where nothing but Pandora and XPMSE patch show up, I have the Pandora output and everything set up yet it has nothing in it and no animations are being detected any help would be appreciated. I'm using MO2 btw

On 4/16/2024 at 5:19 PM, Vredeman said:

i'm getting "A" pose... i'm not sure why. Pandora has limit of animations? i currently loading 43000 animations, could be it? when trying with 33000 animations it worked...

For those who have not found this solution yet..... The animation limit will be increased if you use this mod. I have almost 50 thousand animations working right now.
There are two archives there. One is placed in the game folder, the second is installed via MO2 as a mod

• 2 weeks later...

Tagged 'testing' for 2.3

I created a GitHub issue for my question about Pandora output. I have little faith that it will be addressed by the Pandora devs. It was addressed to my surprise, and the below warnings are proper and harmless.

I'm essentially confused by the Pandora Engine.log warnings (errors, IMO). I suspect this is the cause of the difference illustrated further below.

INFO : Skyrim Patcher 1.5.1-alpha
WARN : Dispatcher > "Pandora Base" > dragonproject~dragonbehavior > Replace > Element > #0885/legs/Element0/maxAnkleHeightMS > FAILED
WARN : Dispatcher > "Ice skating fixed for real" > defaultfemale~1hm_behavior > Replace > Element > #2521/event/Element0/id > FAILED
WARN : Dispatcher > "Pandora Base" > dragonproject~dragonbehavior > Replace > Element > #0885/legs/Element0/hipIndex > FAILED
WARN : Dispatcher > "Pandora Base" > dragonproject~dragonbehavior > Replace > Element > #0885/legs/Element0/kneeIndex > FAILED
WARN : Dispatcher > "Pandora Base" > dragonproject~dragonbehavior > Replace > Element > #0885/legs/Element0/ankleIndex > FAILED
WARN : Dispatcher > "Pandora Base" > dragonproject~dragonbehavior > Replace > Element > #0885/legs/Element0/isPlantedMS > FAILED
INFO : Engine launched with configuration: Skyrim SE/AE
INFO : Pandora Mod 1 : Ice skating fixed for real - v.1.0.0
INFO : Pandora Mod 2 : Pandora Base - v.1.0.0
INFO : Pandora Mod 3 : XPMSE Patch For Pandora - v.1.0.0

In comparison to Nemesis, Pandora generates fewer output files (animations):

Nemesis (106 animations)

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Pandora (12 animations)

image.pngimage.png

I will say that I like that Pandora lists only the animation-related mods I have installed in addition to those shipping with Pandora. Nemesis provides a seemingly random and incomplete list of mods in addition to what I have installed. On the other hand, Nemesis provides more useful information and output in the GUI than Pandora.

I'm leery on Pandora at this point, given the log warnings and relative lack of output. I have no idea if there's an issue or not, but I wanted to mention that I'm a 'no' for using Pandora at this point. The relative speed of Pandora is much better, but it's producing only a small fraction of the output generated by Nemesis. My guess is that if it ever goes into beta, I'll give it another look. It will also be more interesting to compare Pandora/Nemesis when we actually begin testing out custom animation mods for Step SkyrimSE 2.4-2.5.

Pandora evidently seems to be working for other people using custom animation mods, but the Step guide only uses some vanilla replacers. And I don't like the 'warnings' in the Pandora Engine.log of reported failures of mods, including those presumably shipping with Pandora itself (or my lack of understanding of cause/resolution of said warnings).

Nemesis has none of these issues/warnings/errors, and produces much more extensive output, so I'm inclined to continue using it.