xLODGen - 32 or 64 bit?

The main article with instructions on how to install xLODGen is confusing to me. I did finally figure out how to get the Output, but going through Tool Configuration > Tool Setup, I noticed the filepath was xLODGenx64.exe instead of just xLODGenx.exe. Neither was specified in the xLODGen setup instructions. Which one should I be using?

4 hours ago, mike10101011 said:

The main article with instructions on how to install xLODGen is confusing to me. I did finally figure out how to get the Output, but going through Tool Configuration > Tool Setup, I noticed the filepath was xLODGenx64.exe instead of just xLODGenx.exe. Neither was specified in the xLODGen setup instructions. Which one should I be using?

From the System Setup Guide:

image.png

As stated in the xLODGen OP linked from the System Setup Guide:

Unzip into a dedicated folder outside of any Steam, game or mod manager folders or special Windows folders like Program Files, Users, Desktop, Documents, Downloads etc.

Given the SSG instructions, I think it's clear how to install it. Read that whole guide before moving forward to Step 2 (Tool Config) where it then becomes very clear what executable to run when the time comes (later in the guide).

image.png

You will not run this until Step 5. Just follow the guide in sequence and don't try to second guess what's not mentioned.

If you are only using the guide to install/run xLODGen, then I agree, it's not going to be clear.