SKSE Plugin Loader Failure

orangedragan

Currently jumping back into modding after getting a new rig, following the STEP guide religiously. Made it to the FPS check, and getting the following DLL plugin failures; research suggests that I'm using out of date mods, but I cannot see a single point in the current guide updated last week where I might have deviated. It appears to mostly be CACO if my google-fu is correct, but nothing seems to be working. I'm using the current build of everything, fresh install of Skyrim AE version 1.6.640, including the Creation Club upgrade, fresh SKSE, dunno where it went wrong.

STEP issue.png

56 minutes ago, orangedragan said:

Currently jumping back into modding after getting a new rig, following the STEP guide religiously. Made it to the FPS check, and getting the following DLL plugin failures; research suggests that I'm using out of date mods, but I cannot see a single point in the current guide updated last week where I might have deviated. It appears to mostly be CACO if my google-fu is correct, but nothing seems to be working. I'm using the current build of everything, fresh install of Skyrim AE version 1.6.640, including the Creation Club upgrade, fresh SKSE, dunno where it went wrong.

If you are using the current versions of everything and using Skyrim 1.6.640, then the dll complaints are most likely because the dll's are for version 1130 of Skyrim. Bethesda released an update on Dec. 5th. So double check you have the mods for version 1.6.640.

1 hour ago, ButchDiavolo said:

If you are using the current versions of everything and using Skyrim 1.6.640, then the dll complaints are most likely because the dll's are for version 1130 of Skyrim. Bethesda released an update on Dec. 5th. So double check you have the mods for version 1.6.640.

I literally did everything today, so if the STEP guide was updated yesterday as the page claims, I must be missing something

Okay, so the offending mods were CACO, Storm Lightning for SSE, and Simple Offense Suppression. I triple checked that I installed them correctly with the current patch, and the issue persists. I tried disabling them and any dependencies, which does allow me to run SKSE, but when starting a new game, I do not get the Alternate Start, instead going to the carriage ride intro which immediately CTDs when i move my mouse.

11 hours ago, orangedragan said:

I literally did everything today, so if the STEP guide was updated yesterday as the page claims, I must be missing something

Where does it claim STEP Guide was updated yesterday? Current version is from January 16, so the guide is still for game version 1.6.640.

28 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Where does it claim STEP Guide was updated yesterday?

At the bottom of every Wiki page is a last modified timestamp:

This page was last edited on December 25, 2023, at 01:59.

Whenever Z or someone else edits the guide to correct some grammar or spelling without actually changing the substance of the guide, this timestamp changes. I guess this is what the OP saw.

• +1 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, orangedragan said:

I'm using the current build of everything, fresh install of Skyrim AE version 1.6.640, including the Creation Club upgrade, fresh SKSE, dunno where it went wrong.

Are you sure you're using Skyrim AE version 1.6.640? If you're using "the current build of everything", your Skyrim AE version is 1.6.1130. Unless you manually downgraded to 1.6.640. How did you end up with a "fresh install of Skyrim AE version 1.6.640"?

5 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

At the bottom of every Wiki page is a last modified timestamp:

Whenever Z or someone else edits the guide to correct some grammar or spelling without actually changing the substance of the guide, this timestamp changes. I guess this is what the OP saw.

Darn! Never seen that. :ohmy:

8 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Where does it claim STEP Guide was updated yesterday? Current version is from January 16, so the guide is still for game version 1.6.640.

7 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Darn! Never seen that. :ohmy:

It's true, yes. The wiki adds a last-modified timestamp on all pages. Always see the release date at top of guides and changelog (and its timestamp) for the substantive changes.